The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Game day thread: cliches version (Vegas @ Canucks Sunday, April 3/22 @ 4:00 pm PT) - Autism Acceptance Night

Rate this topic

yes we can nucks

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I would love to see me some Rathbone this upcoming weekend to see what he’s got. Allvin has his hands tied up with OEL’s contract for quite some time. If we can somehow recoup some high picks for OEL, then we would be set for the future. this is how I see the D pairings if we move OEL barring any other moves:

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - Myers 

Rathbone - Poolman

We'd be giving away the draft picks to get rid of OEL's contract, not getting them

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I would love to see me some Rathbone this upcoming weekend to see what he’s got. Allvin has his hands tied up with OEL’s contract for quite some time. If we can somehow recoup some high picks for OEL, then we would be set for the future. this is how I see the D pairings if we move OEL barring any other moves:

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - Myers 

Rathbone - Poolman

Nah.... let the baby Canucks run with it and get some play off experience...

Our season is done...

• Like 2

Just now, Alflives said:

It’s hard watching us lose, but with every loss we climb closer to a top 11 pick, and that chance to win the lottery and get Wright.  

Top 11 pick. Lol who cares. How many times are we going to go through this, it doesn’t happen 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s hard watching us lose, but with every loss we climb closer to a top 11 pick, and that chance to win the lottery and get Wright.  

Yup.  Canuck fans have been here many times.

The end of the season where its all silver linings!  Backhanded ones at least.

Fun to watch them win. I cannot cheer against them during a game, no matter what the stakes.

But....if they lose, we go up in the draft.  win win.;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Yes,  Lockwood is a solid summer of training away from this league..

his anticipation and tenacity might be a good pairing with Petey some day soon .

Ceiling is a 3rd liner so who really cares.  This team needs to develop legit top line players.

Still something completely wrong with the leadership group of players where for years and years now this team has been unable to come out ready to play in the first period. They don't skate, lose all the battles, can't make passes. Like it's a joke to them or something. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - Myers 

Rathbone - Poolman

So your defense consists of 3 players in Hughes, rathbone and poolman who cant play a lick of actual defense? 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Recoup picks for OEL!  :lol:

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think swapping Rathbone for OEL wouldn't make that much difference. I think it needs a bigger overhaul.

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Can’t move OEL, gonna have to build around him and Hughes. Myers is more moveable. Only a couple years left on his deal and RH d are more sought after

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

We'd be giving away the draft picks to get rid of OEL's contract, not getting them

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Nah.... let the baby Canucks run with it and get some play off experience...

Our season is done...

Good points by y’all. Would you guys consider moving our 1st plus retaining OEL’s salary to move up in the draft and grab a top tier prospect to build around the team and surround our core ala Huggy Bear, Petey, Miller, Bo, Boeser, Hogz, Podz, Demko?

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We need size, pushback, and snarl to offset speed and skill. A team of nice guys is never going to work.

Gadjovich - Lammikko  -  MacEwen would have been a heck of a grinder line

• Like 2
  • Haha 1