The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

23 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

It’s a big city’s downtown and some people are complaining about the bright lights. LMAAO. Buy some thick drapes. And stop using up all the world’s electricity playing on your gadgets. Musk sure knows how to poke these types of people. 

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s a big city’s downtown and some people are complaining about the bright lights. LMAAO. Buy some thick drapes. And stop using up all the world’s electricity playing on your gadgets. Musk sure knows how to poke these types of people. 

I think it is the bright, strobe effect.  That, and he likely didn't have a permit to install it.  Just like he didn't have a permit to remove the old sign.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Really? did you just poke fun of people that like to sleep without a huge new strobe light flashing across the street? then follow it up with claiming they are using too much electricity? Not the giant sign using too much power, but the people using devices like you just did to post your brilliant point?

Well done, sir. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Really? did you just poke fun of people that like to sleep without a huge new strobe light flashing across the street? then follow it up with claiming they are using too much electricity? Not the giant sign using too much power, but the people using devices like you just did to post your brilliant point?

Well done, sir. 

Exactly! Put up drapes, stop using gadgets, get a job, work hard during the day, and these types of people will sleep well at night. Musk had these types of people squirming. It’s entertaining as hell watching him twist these types of people into pretzels. Musk is a 100% idiot. He’s killing Twitter. He’s killing Tesla. And there’s the irony. The people who he’s fighting with are the ones who buy Teslas. 
Maybe he’s killing that company on purpose so all those Tesla owners won’t have any service for their cars? Now that would be funnier than this Twitter stuff. 

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well done, sir. 

Only a matter of time before it causes a seizure.  Drapes don't help if you're outside and people shouldn't be expected to buy blackout drapes because a worthless piece of **** decided to try to compensate for his microscopic genitalia.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! Put up drapes, stop using gadgets, get a job, work hard during the day, and these types of people will sleep well at night. Musk had these types of people squirming. It’s entertaining as hell watching him twist these types of people into pretzels. Musk is a 100% idiot. He’s killing Twitter. He’s killing Tesla. And there’s the irony. The people who he’s fighting with are the ones who buy Teslas. 
Maybe he’s killing that company on purpose so all those Tesla owners won’t have any service for their cars? Now that would be funnier than this Twitter stuff. 

Its not a Musk thing. It's a sign thing. Pavco did similar to the poor folk living near BC place about a decade ago.

Most people that live in city apts have a job. Do you have a clue how expensive it is to live in the city? Also, rural areas have higher unemployment so maybe go yelling your malarky at those folks. 

And... more people live in cities in the world than rural.So if Elon wants to poke the majority, he is well on his way to being what you claim. An idiot.

28 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Its not a Musk thing. It's a sign thing. Pavco did similar to the poor folk living near BC place about a decade ago.

Most people that live in city apts have a job. Do you have a clue how expensive it is to live in the city? Also, rural areas have higher unemployment so maybe go yelling your malarky at those folks. 

And... more people live in cities in the world than rural.So if Elon wants to poke the majority, he is well on his way to being what you claim. An idiot.

Alf was a farm boy all his life but moved into a concrete box a few years ago. It’s easy living in a box. Everything is done for you. People living in these boxes do almost nothing. They have way too much free time. Idol hands …

Musk is working these types of people over and they keep responding to him. Clearly he gets his jollies from their arguing with him. They are stating his actions are causing their suffering. Maybe these types of people are both lazy and stupid? They are giving the big idiot exactly what he desires. 
Life is too easy for those types living in concrete boxes. Alf knows. He’s one of them. He bought drapes. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf was a farm boy all his life but moved into a concrete box a few years ago. It’s easy living in a box. Everything is done for you. People living in these boxes do almost nothing. They have way too much free time. Idol hands …

I was born on a farm, moved to the city once I became an adult.

Worked my ass off as did most of my friends. Bought apts, had a record deal, got my blackbelt and competed till i was 35 all while I climbed the corporate ladder to become a director of a group of companies. 

Maybe you are talking about yourself and your idle hands. For most,If you dont work in the city you dont have a roof above your head. Many of my employees had two jobs.

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Musk is working these types of people over and they keep responding to him. Clearly he gets his jollies from their arguing with him. They are stating his actions are causing their suffering. Maybe these types of people are both lazy and stupid? They are giving the big idiot exactly what he desires. 
Life is too easy for those types living in concrete boxes. Alf knows. He’s one of them. He bought drapes. 

Maybe about Musk, I dunno what his game is. Dont care what he is doing other than the space stuff. The rest of the crap you are going on about is nonsense. These people have the right to bitch about a dumb bright sign. Dont know why this gives you a schadenfreude boner.

Edited by bishopshodan

43 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well done, sir. 

I'm currently dealing with a 40 plus year friendship that is going off the rails due to their malt, barley and hops, intake.

To rip off a song title  " I saw the signs".

Saw it break up my Mom's family

saw it destroy  her Dad, Mom, 2 brothers, and 1 sister, and nearly Mom herself.

The next generation has not faired much better, as many of them have carried on the 'family tradition.'

There is more help available today than ever in our society, I just wish those afflicted would use it.

• Huggy Bear 1

Not only is he taking it down, he will be fined for it. 

Didn't have a permit.   Number of us called that.

https://abc7news.com/twitter-x-sign-taken-down-bright-light-sf/13578182/

Twitter to be fined for installing 'X' sign on roof of SF headquarters, city says

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Upvote 1

Many Scandinavian countries have fines based on income levels.

I'd suggest this practice be tried out here in North America.

This might keep a few of the super rich from doing illegal things, and laughing at us, when they get caught.

• Cheers 3

14 hours ago, Gurn said:

Many Scandinavian countries have fines based on income levels.

I'd suggest this practice be tried out here in North America.

This might keep a few of the super rich from doing illegal things, and laughing at us, when they get caught.

I don't know man, if that is the case based on X income, the gonvernment have to pay them for the fines the gonvernment issues. :P

Meanwhile, Twitter or X, or whatever is suing a non-profit that fights hate speech online.....

https://www.reuters.com/legal/musks-x-sues-nonprofit-that-fights-hate-speech-2023-08-01/

Social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, on Monday sued a nonprofit that fights hate speech and disinformation, accusing it of asserting false claims and encouraging advertisers to pause investment on the platform.

U.S. media reported earlier that Elon Musk-owned X had sent a letter to the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) and threatened to sue the nonprofit for unspecified damages.

In response to that letter, lawyers for the CCDH accused X of "intimidating those who have the courage to advocate against incitement, hate speech and harmful content online." They also said that X's allegations had no factual basis.

The lawsuit stems from a media report published in July which stated findings from CCDH's research saying that hate speech had increased towards minority communities on the platform since Musk acquired the company in October 2022.

X and its CEO Linda Yaccarino labeled the report "false" and said it was based on "a collection of incorrect, misleading, and outdated metrics, mostly from the period shortly after Twitter's acquisition."

The CCDH's research shows that "hate and disinformation is spreading like wildfire on the platform under Musk's ownership and this lawsuit is a direct attempt to silence those efforts," the organization's founder and CEO Imran Ahmed said in an email to Reuters.

The nonprofit will continue its independent research, Ahmed added.

In a blog post on Monday, X said the CCDH had gained access to its data without authorization and accused it of scraping data from its platform, violating X's terms.

It reiterated that the metrics contained in the research were used out of context to make "unsubstantiated assertions" about X.

X recently filed lawsuits against four unnamed entities in Texas, and Israel's Bright Data, for scraping data.

I'm going to stick my neck way out and say that CCDH has their facts straight, but honestly, why should it matter. If Elon is a truly "Free Speech Absolutist" as he claims, those assertions should be protected, no?

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Elon Musk bragged about lifting '45 lb weights' on Friday. Now he says he has to get an MRI on his neck and back and may need surgery before his cage match with Zuck.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-mri-neck-back-surgery-before-fight-mark-zuckerberg-2023-8

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.h473.w710.webp

Didn't he hurt his back 'throwing' a sumo guy?

Zuck has said lets go at anytime. Now Musk wants surgery...

Fight will not happen. Another 'L' for Elon. 

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Elon Musk bragged about lifting '45 lb weights' on Friday. Now he says he has to get an MRI on his neck and back and may need surgery before his cage match with Zuck.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-mri-neck-back-surgery-before-fight-mark-zuckerberg-2023-8

Speaking of the Brady Bunch.....Here's Mike Brady tripping up Elon on a now released video:

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I watched the video...a couple of things...

1 - 45 lbs isn't really that big of a deal

2 - He did one rep that I saw and he used lousy form. He then followed it up with a single shoulder press and his form on that wasn't much better.

I haven't been to the gym in a few decades, but I'd be willing to bet that I could manage a 45 lb curl....and I could do it properly. (and I'm 62 years old)

This isn't to say that Elon isn't in shape. I have no way to know one way or another....but that tweet, (or X, or whatever) proves absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 1