The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trust me on this one he isn't buying it to improve the business model and make money. He's buying it to sate his ego and exert his control.

he is an egomaniac, but I can't see him getting the $ if he didn't have some new monetization ideas cooking. I'm guessing something to do with payments and bitcoin maybe? 

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he is an egomaniac, but I can't see him getting the $ if he didn't have some new monetization ideas cooking. I'm guessing something to do with payments and bitcoin maybe? 

He can easily get the dough by pledging his Tesla shares. Just my opinion but I think it's nothing more than a toy for him. How does a guy who is already the CEO of 2 companies and has 7 children have the time to run Twitter?

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

He can easily get the dough by pledging his Tesla shares. Just my opinion but I think it's nothing more than a toy for him. How does a guy who is already the CEO of 2 companies and has 7 children have the time to run Twitter?

I guess that could be the case, I just assumed it was a cash machine for another space penis project. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

He has has 7 kids? I thought he dated a young gother from Vancouver? 

Did she whip them up in her cauldron? 

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

right but I just figured Elon must have a plan to really monetize users. Otherwise you're correct its just a vanity project. 

How do you monetize Twitter? If you charge people to use it the masses will flee. Maybe he could offer some premium services but I would have no idea what they could be.

Time will tell.

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It is very weird to me that some people think that the richest person in world buying one of the most influential platforms and taking it private is a good thing.

He is also the guy who potentially saved the world from global warming, better than someone like Bezos or Zuckerburg buying it. He is a big advocate for free speech as well.

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He is also the guy who potentially saved the world from global warming, better than someone like Bezos or Zuckerburg buying it. He is a big advocate for free speech as well.

Don't care for any of them.

How did he save the world from global warming? I'm not sure what you mean. 

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

How do you monetize Twitter? If you charge people to use it the masses will flee. Maybe he could offer some premium services but I would have no idea what they could be.

Time will tell.

It was mentioned that Twitter might become subscription based.  So that’s money right there.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Electric cars....

Of course, one of the reasons so many people are excited about him taking over Twitter is that they think their boy Trump will be back "telling it like it is".....

The irony of course, is that Bone Spurs calls Global Warming, "a Chinese hoax".

BTW: You can tell right away that someone doesn't know sh!t about "Climate Change", when they use the phrase "Global Warming".....:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He fast tracked the transition to electric cars by at least 10 years by creating and releasing all the patents to his electric technology in the early years.  

Edited by Bure_Pavel

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

It was mentioned that Twitter might become subscription based.  So that’s money right there.

Nobody will pay money to post on Social Media.....

Well, except for those doofuses who signed up for "Truth Social".....

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It is very weird to me that some people think that the richest person in world buying one of the most influential platforms and taking it private is a good thing.

well, its not an illegal thing. So not really much anyone can do. 

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Electric cars....

Of course, one of the reasons so many people are excited about him taking over Twitter is that they think their boy Trump will be back "telling it like it is".....

The irony of course, is that Bone Spurs calls Global Warming, "a Chinese hoax".

BTW: You can tell right away that someone doesn't know sh!t about "Climate Change", when they use the phrase "Global Warming".....:rolleyes:

Oh, I thought Electric cars were already a thing. I remember an old doc about the 'death of them'.

I also have been told to build an electric car is quite the footprint, but I get it.

Eventually, obviously getting away from Oil makes sense. 

Thank you, i was wondering...I thought it was called climate change, and I don't think we are saved from it . 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh, I thought Electric cars were already a thing. I remember an old doc about the 'death of them'.

I also have been told to build an electric car is quite the footprint, but I get it.

Eventually, obviously getting away from Oil makes sense. 

Thank you, i was wondering...I thought it was called climate change, and I don't think we are saved from it . 

GM built one in the 90s called the EV1. It basically died because of high costs and limited technology at the time. (I think it only went about 100 miles on a charge)

That being said, the Toyota Prius had been around for a few years before Tesla started up....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He fast tracked the transition to electric cars by at least 10 years by creating and releasing all the patents to his electric technology in the early years.  

Figured that's what you meant.

Don't think he saved us though but it's the right idea. 

Still, not a fan of the richest man in the world privately owning such a mass influence. 

In fact, It seems like a very bad idea. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1