The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't care because I have never used Twitter.

My bro-in-law's Tesla is the fastest car i have been in. But they are ugly so I would never own one.

I used to think Elon was cool with some of his fancy ideas but getting to see him more, he seems so cringy.

As @RUPERTKBD said, my wife has also called Musk a super villain.. for years. I see him having his own planet Musk on day, formerly known as Mars.

Don't these billionaires seem desperate these days? the money hoarding isn't enough for them. Some wish they had all the attention and control too, they're parasitic. 

14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't care because I have never used Twitter.

My bro-in-law's Tesla is the fastest car i have been in. But they are ugly so I would never own one.

I used to think Elon was cool with some of his fancy ideas but getting to see him more, he seems so cringy.

As @RUPERTKBD said, my wife has also called Musk a super villain.. for years. I see him having his own planet Musk on day, formerly known as Mars.

Don't these billionaires seem desperate these days? the money hoarding isn't enough for them. Some wish they had all the attention and control too, they're parasitic. 

12 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Some actually did.

IMO it's just not a good thing when a lunatic is the wealthiest man in the world and is then acquiring media companies. Does the world really need another Rupert Murdoch?

Elon Musk sends CumRocket crypto price 'to the moon' after explicit emoji  tweet | The Independent

That's a real tweet, "&um rocket to the moon". Referencing the crypto currency "&um rocket".

Can we as a society stop putting clowns on a pedestal and in positions of power?

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Some actually did.

IMO it's just not a good thing when a lunatic is the wealthiest man in the world and is then acquiring media companies. Does the world really need another Rupert Murdoch?

Elon Musk sends CumRocket crypto price 'to the moon' after explicit emoji  tweet | The Independent

That's a real tweet, "&um rocket to the moon". Referencing the crypto currency "&um rocket".

Can we as a society stop putting clowns on a pedestal and in positions of power?

The thing is, this is a capitalist society with the idea that anyone can amount to anything they want. Consequently, crazy people can get into power. Perhaps ironically, those are the ones that end up being more prominent figures just because they're a little more "crazy" than the ones who amass wealth and then live a normal life.

That being said, it could also be argued that perhaps to amass that amount of wealth you need to be a little crazy in the first place anyway. ;)

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

You do realize it is way easier to delete an app than to immigrate to another country right? 

That argument would have more juice if Canada and US have a freedom of movement agreement like the EU. 

that would be the end of Canada as we know it. 

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The thing is, this is a capitalist society with the idea that anyone can amount to anything they want. Consequently, crazy people can get into power. Perhaps ironically, those are the ones that end up being more prominent figures just because they're a little more "crazy" than the ones who amass wealth and then live a normal life.

That being said, it could also be argued that perhaps to amass that amount of wealth you need to be a little crazy in the first place anyway. ;)

it would be funny if this all collapsed on Musk. Maybe that kid that tracks his plane comes up with a better app. 

Think on this. The Biden administration rolled out $7.5B to upgrade EV charging stations, make more accessible, and make it easier to own an EV. Musk spent $44B to control what he believes are the views of all Americans. No, not really, he's opening the doors to more misinformation than anyone ever dreamed possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Think on this. The Biden administration rolled out $7.5B to upgrade EV charging stations, make more accessible, and make it easier to own an EV. Musk spent $44B to control what he believes are the views of all Americans. No, not really, he's opening the doors to more misinformation than anyone ever dreamed possible.

why is anyone looking to twitter for facts in the first place?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

why is anyone looking to twitter for facts in the first place?

Simple answer would be because they think it's a legitimate source if they deem the person they're reading as being a legitimate source. It's not so much about the platform itself as it is the person they're listening to.

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Simple answer would be because they think it's a legitimate source if they deem the person they're reading as being a legitimate source. It's not so much about the platform itself as it is the person they're listening to.

like 24k said above, "lazy". 

TBH I don't care at all what Elon does with this. If people are willing to be so easily led around they deserve what they get. 

26 minutes ago, JM_ said:

like 24k said above, "lazy". 

TBH I don't care at all what Elon does with this. If people are willing to be so easily led around they deserve what they get. 

Yeah, I think people are going to do what they want at the end of the day. I don't see this necessarily "changing" things in terms of "misinformation" aside from potentially making things easier (depending on what's changed). The people who are willing to listen to this misinformation will not change and would have probably received that information one way or another anyway. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, I think people are going to do what they want at the end of the day. I don't see this necessarily "changing" things in terms of "misinformation" aside from potentially making things easier (depending on what's changed). The people who are willing to listen to this misinformation will not change and would have probably received that information one way or another anyway. 

the only thing really changing is twitter will be Elon's personal cash machine 

10 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah a cash black hole machine depending on what and the degree of his changes. 

One thing is for sure, Trump is probably be back on Twitter very soon. 

"Sure" followed by "probably" conflicts with each other. Either you're sure of something happening or you're not. I guess maybe if you want to provide probabilites.... but then that also means you're not necessarily sure on it actually happening to begin with, you're just sure of the probability?

That being said, I have my doubts Trump will be given his twitter back until I actually hear it explicitly being said or see actions being done by twitter itself. Like I said earlier, more "freedom of speech" does not mean "having no moderation whatsoever".

Edited by The Lock

17 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah a cash black hole machine depending on what and the degree of his changes. 

One thing is for sure, Trump is probably be back on Twitter very soon. 

oh for sure he is, I have no doubt about that.