The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Arizona Coyotes | Apr. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Vermette9 said:

Boeser for  Carlo and a pick ?

My issues with Boeser is his history of injuries but also his lack of physical play. He is getting smarter with the puck and has that great shot. Net front play much better. I still would move him and Miller for the right returns. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My issues with Boeser is his history of injuries but also his lack of physical play. He is getting smarter with the puck and has that great shot. Net front play much better. I still would move him and Miller for the right returns. 

Like a big strong puck moving defense  first rhd to play with Hughes? 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Kind of an interesting take.

Interesting yes but I didn't like this signing as it didn't fit the team development timeline. Chiasson won't be resigned IMO. That said his last 2 games have been top notch. Cannot remember who threw the pass in the 3rd but Alex took it in full stride down the right side and took a shot. The Yotes bench must have been impressed. It might have been Dermott from the LD on the pass. 

To bad the team lost those 2 games a couple of weeks ago. Those points might have got them into playoffs. Fans should be impressed with this recent drive.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

So, three thirty goal scorers by season end.  

Brock has to be moved, he would have had twenty and could have more, but injury.  

From the teams play, he isn’t missed… 4.5 for Garland or 7.5 for Brock.  

I would rather that 7.5 go to the defence and whatever money saved from the defence after that money is spent only to improve the defence, then the 2 m or so for Poolman or whoever is moved out for the roster spot gets spend on a decent third liner.  

we have the fire power, we need the defence before the fire power costs too much, Ala Edmonton and TO.  

Love Brock, but do we really need him… it’s a the biggest question at this time.  

can a trade be made, Brock for a RHD and or first to draft the RHD.  

we can win without the extra forward.  

Garland is actually $4.95M.  

While Boeser QO is $7.5M, I think his worth is between $5M-$6M looking at his overall career.  He is injury prone as he hasn’t really played a full season yet, so that is a cause for concern.

Getting a top 4RHD is a priority.  Whether that is trading Boeser or Garland to make the deal, so be it.

Also need to jettison some players/contracts that don’t fit like Dickinson.

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

As I said in another thread, OEL and Hughes fight for the same position as Petey and Miller. 

Tbh the way OEL has played the last two games, he may be a better QB than Hughes, as hit shot get through and he has some size as well, but QH is a better skater and will be better still...

If we get a couple of strong, good skating Rhd  to complement both, we could be in the money...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Not what folks will wanna hear, but Chaisson was a shrewd move by Benning.

Absolutely. He seems even more efficient than Pearson on that line. Is it sustainable? It would be nice if it were. He looked real good out there for the last two games.

People don’t like ex-Oilers and ex-Leafs. Watch Dermott get rag dolled by finicky fans.

Edited by Me_

I’m starting to be able to visualize this team without Boeser now. Kind of hurts to come to this point as I really like the person and the player he USED to be. Not saying he can’t be that again….but it just might not be here. I’ll include Garland in with Brock, though I like him too. Demko, Petey, Bo, Quinn, Podz and perhaps JT (if he cuts the team a bit of a break on his next contract) are the core I want the new management team to build around. It really sucks that our prospect pipeline is so thin, as this is when you would be wanting to inject some young talent with cheaper contracts as you have to re-up the veterans.

I hope this new management team is up to the task.

11 minutes ago, BPA said:

Garland is actually $4.95M.  

While Boeser QO is $7.5M, I think his worth is between $5M-$6M looking at his overall career.  He is injury prone as he hasn’t really played a full season yet, so that is a cause for concern.

Getting a top 4RHD is a priority.  Whether that is trading Boeser or Garland to make the deal, so be it.

Also need to jettison some players/contracts that don’t fit like Dickinson.

I think you look at Bo. An actual 30g scorer who is at a premium position relative to Brock and plays a better overall game as well as being captain. Bo’s contract should be the ceiling for Brock.  I would argue a million under actually. 
That isn’t going to get it done. If he turned down an 8X7 deal that may ultimately come back to bite him. 
I like BB but just don’t see him as a player worth more than Bo or even Garland. He is not the dynamic all-star winger that he looked like in his rookie year, the injuries have altered his game too much. 
I think he signs his QO and gets traded at deadline next year. 

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’m starting to be able to visualize this team without Boeser now. Kind of hurts to come to this point as I really like the person and the player he USED to be. Not saying he can’t be that again….but it just might not be here. I’ll include Garland in with Brock, though I like him too. Demko, Petey, Bo, Quinn, Podz and perhaps JT (if he cuts the team a bit of a break on his next contract) are the core I want the new management team to build around. It really sucks that our prospect pipeline is so thin, as this is when you would be wanting to inject some young talent with cheaper contracts as you have to re-up the veterans.

I hope this new management team is up to the task.

if he's willing to come down from that QO number, he could still maybe have a home here. But I could see him being moved to a team that is looking for a PP right shot that has the F group that can support him. Not sure who that is, maybe Philly? they need help scoring. 

Re-sign Chiasson, seriously. The guy has a big body, goes to the net, and has somehow found chemistry with Petey. And he's cheap. Can move up and down the lineup. Best game I've seen him play.

Podkolzin is going to be a beast

Horvat was perfect, where was Miller?

Dickinson is God-awful horrible. My gosh, he shouldn't even be in the league.

Halak looked good again

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think you look at Bo. An actual 30g scorer who is at a premium position relative to Brock and plays a better overall game as well as being captain. Bo’s contract should be the ceiling for Brock.  I would argue a million under actually. 
That isn’t going to get it done. If he turned down an 8X7 deal that may ultimately come back to bite him. 
I like BB but just don’t see him as a player worth more than Bo or even Garland. He is not the dynamic all-star winger that he looked like in his rookie year, the injuries have altered his game too much. 
I think he signs his QO and gets traded at deadline next year. 

I think Bo is worth around $7M.  So Boeser around $6M is about right.  If possible, I would keep Miller, EP, and Bo.  They are all centres and is a premium position like you said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Cs next season?

1 - Pettersson

2 - Horvat

3 - Miller to CAR for Kotkaniemi+ or Necas+ 

4 - Richardson (re-sign for 1 season)

Wherever we trade Miller (and we defintely should trade him) the return should include a young center for that 3 hole.  Don't know about Kotka though. Don't see the Canes doing that.