The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jesus, the Afterlife, Star-Wars?

LTC123

2 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

all great questions.
basically the Universe is a question in the form of a formula that generates more questions when an answer is inputted.
in short, there is really no answers...answers are just more questions in disguise.
the point of it all is the "quest" part....we are and will always remain on a quest for more answers.
Ultimately we will get to the point where we have the formula figured out and upon testing it we will birth the next Universe the same way this one was created.
the good and evil part you refer to is rooted in the function and is necessary for existence. What good would a magnet be if it only had a positive and no negative etc.
We cannot exist without questions, its in our very nature.
You can see how this whole process works by looking at and understanding fractal formulas.
A Universe inside of a Universe inside of a Universe...

Love it.

I have read a little bit about information being the 5th dimension. Not that I understand it but your post reminded me of that. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Always found that strange.

Religion scared me as a kid. I could watch all the horror movies no problem until I saw The Omen. I was told ...this is real...there is a hell. 

That did not give me comfort as I realised quickly that living up to the stringent requirements of the bible was a very hard path.

I get your point though.

I think the massive reason for religion was/is control of the masses. 

The Old Testament is all about fire, brimstone, hell, damnation, wrath of God, etc.  The New Testament is about hope, forgiveness, redemption -- all because a man named Jesus was hung from the cross (as chronicled in the New Testament).

That is what Good Friday and Easter is all about to me...that no matter what, if we accept Jesus as having died on the cross for our sins and ask for forgiveness with humility, it will be granted and a place will be prepared in heaven for us.  As fantastic and far-fetched as that may be, it sounds full of hope to me. 

Christianity was politicized by the Romans to justify their quest for building their empire (hence, aligned with your thought that religion was/is control of the masses).  Augustus needed one religion to move his agenda for building out the Roman Empire and Christianity was the ticket.  Until then, the Romans operated under polytheism and it was a cluster phuck of beliefs.  Once the empire building took began, all sorts of atrocities were committed by the Roman Catholic Church/Roman Armies underpinning the ambitions of Emperors and the Popes they appointed.  

The Roman Catholic Church is the single largest and most influential institution there is in the world.  Gonna sound like a tin foil wearing conspiracy theorist, but the Vatican and Roman Catholic Church controls pretty much everything out there -- the Vatican is one of the three epicentres of global control.

2 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

The Old Testament is all about fire, brimstone, hell, damnation, wrath of God, etc.  The New Testament is about hope, forgiveness, redemption -- all because a man named Jesus was hung from the cross (as chronicled in the New Testament).

That is what Good Friday and Easter is all about to me...that no matter what, if we accept Jesus as having died on the cross for our sins and ask for forgiveness with humility, it will be granted and a place will be prepared in heaven for us.  As fantastic and far-fetched as that may be, it sounds full of hope to me. 

Christianity was politicized by the Romans to justify their quest for building their empire (hence, aligned with your thought that religion was/is control of the masses).  Augustus needed one religion to move his agenda for building out the Roman Empire and Christianity was the ticket.  Until then, the Romans operated under polytheism and it was a cluster phuck of beliefs.  Once the empire building took began, all sorts of atrocities were committed by the Roman Catholic Church/Roman Armies underpinning the ambitions of Emperors and the Popes they appointed.  

The Roman Catholic Church is the single largest and most influential institution there is in the world.  Gonna sound like a tin foil wearing conspiracy theorist, but the Vatican and Roman Catholic Church controls pretty much everything out there -- the Vatican is one of the three epicentres of global control.

I really enjoyed the book 'Not Wanted on the Voyage' By Timothy Findley.

It's about the great flood.

To me, someone that doesn't know too much about the bible, it was a fun magical voyage and transition from the Book of Genesis to the new Testament. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

A) No. Evil isn't in the battle, it has no hope of beating good. It's not a war. Evil is the default human trait that Jesus tried to help us grow out of. There will always be a 'heaven' for those that give an effort to live a good peaceful life. 

b) The Annunaki, fallen angels, are in our realm so they had abide by our laws of physics for Nibiru to get close enough. Once they reached earth they started the events that lead up to Jesus' arrival. The Old Testament. 

c) We don't need saving, we could save ourselves.

d) Nope, everything happens at the same time and we are all connected. So there isn't really an after life or a before live. Just a connected consciousness ( us/god ) that exists in many dimensions, including time of course. The more you learn, including compassion and good. You will experience your version of a heaven and ongoing consciousness. 

e) It's kinda like that. If that is what your spirit/consciousness is enlightened to. Though this life can be considered a simulation, it just also has infinite possibilities and even realities for not just this plane but the 'afterlife' 

f) God is trying to figure out what it is. It has been evolving through it's existence and somewhere along the way forgot what it, itself was. It knew that creating new information was the way and destruction was not. Good vs Evil. It is part of everything, including us. We are connected. Once we evolved a certain amount, God showed itself to guide it's own extension ( us) to an evolved state.  The resurrection was just one of it's tricks/miracles to garner faith.

Happy Zombie Jesus Day!

b) They appear in the Book of Enoch as the Watchers -- a great read

I completely agree with your A. Evil is the relative absence of Good. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

A. No 

B. Jesus is an allegoric figure that was based on other allegoric figures that came before him, Horus, Mithra, Attis and Krishna to name a few of the better known.

I suggest you do some research on those allegoric figures to gain an insight as to why sone human beings need guidance, and a belief system that they feel gives life purpose.

C. We don't. 

D. There is no evidence of an afterlife. 

E. The only thing we know for a fact, is that when our body dies, our physical life ends.

F. Put this question into context with other faith based beliefs our species has indulged in, and you will have some insight into the answer you are seeking. 

One shouldn't assume anything.

You don't make good decisions on assumptions.

Love your answers but you didn't answer within the perimeters of what the OP asked...'there is a god and a man named jesus walked the earth,,,'

• Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Love your answers but you didn't answer within the perimeters of what the OP asked...'there is a god and a man named jesus walked the earth,,,'

I believe that the only question I answered that did not stay within the OP's parameters was Question B. 

I want to him/ her to realise that the possibility exists that Jesus is an allegoric figure such as the other figures I mentioned. 

Edited by Ilunga
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I believe that the only question I answered that did not stay within the OP's parameters was Question B. 

I want to him/ her to realise that the possibility exists that Jesus is an allegoric figure such as the other figures I mentioned. 

But in his question ...we'll assume true for this question and debate... Jesus was a man that walked the earth and was also God. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

But in his question ...we'll assume true for this question and debate... Jesus was a man that walked the earth and was also God. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You know me brother.

Can't help myself.

Just like back when I was a kid, I knew I was gonna get a beating from the priest before I brought up Darwin's Origins of Species in religion class, when for the umpteenth time they kept telling me about Adam and Eve. 

I would still bring it up and I always got a beating.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

all great questions.
basically the Universe is a question in the form of a formula that generates more questions when an answer is inputted.
in short, there is really no answers...answers are just more questions in disguise.
the point of it all is the "quest" part....we are and will always remain on a quest for more answers.
Ultimately we will get to the point where we have the formula figured out and upon testing it we will birth the next Universe the same way this one was created.
the good and evil part you refer to is rooted in the function and is necessary for existence. What good would a magnet be if it only had a positive and no negative etc.
We cannot exist without questions, its in our very nature.
You can see how this whole process works by looking at and understanding fractal formulas.
A Universe inside of a Universe inside of a Universe...

Great post.

There are not many things we are absolutely certain of.

A big chunk of them are the table of periodic elements. 

Check the science thread out. 

Theories we thought of as facts are now being thrown into doubt.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You know me brother.

Can't help myself.

Just like back when I was a kid, I knew I was gonna get a beating from the priest before I brought up Darwin's Origins of Species in religion class, when for the umpteenth time they kept telling me about Adam and Eve. 

I would still bring it up and I always got a beating.

I might have posted this episode of Twilight Zone before (not the original series but it did have a few good episodes):

10 hours ago, LTC123 said:

Serious question for the metaphysical, spiritual, and religious types:

Let me start with some facts that we'll assume true for this question and debate:

1.  There is a God (could be defined in many many ways, I suppose)

2.  There was a man named Jesus that walked the the Earth.   His purpose?  Save mankind.  Show us unconditional love and mercy?  Save us from "sin"?  Take all our burdens on himself?....but why?

If the above are true, then why?

A)  Is there truly a battle between good and evil that is beyond our Earthly realm?

b)  Why would a Jesus figure wait until 2000 years ago (and not intervene when humans walked the Earth tens of thousands of years ago?

c) Why would a race of humans need "saving"?  from what?    

d) Afterlife?  Save us from our afterlife?  

e)  When we die, do we "wakeup" from our VR game on another planet?

f)  Why would God send "down" a representative to interact with Humans?  to teach?  to inform?  to heal?  to save?...save from what?...the upcoming galactic war?   why?    Why then would be be required to die a human death only to be resurrected as a spiritual being?

Happy Easter!

Although I am neither metaphysical, spiritual nor religious I’ll play by your rules.

a) There is no battle between good and evil except that which is within each of us. If we aspire to goodness we always come up short so we project that battle externally. We also have a desperate need to believe that the evil among us will somehow be made to pay for the evil they do.

b) Jesus figures came before and after, each with their own vision/version of what we needed saving from, usually ourselves.

c) We don’t but there can be no saviour without convincing us that we do.

d) Afterlife most likely depends on what form that our carbon atoms are reconstituted. Sentient being, piece of wood, carrot, tardigrade…

e) Best question of all because if true, are we even really here? And where and what is “here”? Change the perspective by zooming in or out and our world changes completely.

g) Not going to go there because assuming your parameters that there is a God I’ve been told we are not allowed to question His will. And if God turns out to be real I already have enough to answer for.

Happy Easter to you as well!

36 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Although I am neither metaphysical, spiritual nor religious I’ll play by your rules.

a) There is no battle between good and evil except that which is within each of us. If we aspire to goodness we always come up short so we project that battle externally. We also have a desperate need to believe that the evil among us will somehow be made to pay for the evil they do.

b) Jesus figures came before and after, each with their own vision/version of what we needed saving from, usually ourselves.

c) We don’t but there can be no saviour without convincing us that we do.

d) Afterlife most likely depends on what form that our carbon atoms are reconstituted. Sentient being, piece of wood, carrot, tardigrade…

e) Best question of all because if true, are we even really here? And where and what is “here”? Change the perspective by zooming in or out and our world changes completely.

g) Not going to go there because assuming your parameters that there is a God I’ve been told we are not allowed to question His will. And if God turns out to be real I already have enough to answer for.

Happy Easter to you as well!

What is spirituality ? 

There is the dictionary definition and then there are several philosophical meanings.

I would define it as 

How does one find meaning.

How do I feel connected.

How should I live. 

As for Evil the dictionary meaning is something profoundly immoral and wicked. 

There have been times in human history both on a personal level, and a societal level where human beings have had to confront something/ someone who is profoundly immoral/ wicked. 

The chemical elements that make up our physical bodies come from stars that went supernova, releasing them.

Who knows if they will be reconstituted or not ?

Nick Bostrom- University of Oxford wrote a seminal paper on the simulation argument  

Make of it what you will.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LTC123 said:

Serious question for the metaphysical, spiritual, and religious types:

Let me start with some facts that we'll assume true for this question and debate:

1.  There is a God (could be defined in many many ways, I suppose)

2.  There was a man named Jesus that walked the the Earth.   His purpose?  Save mankind.  Show us unconditional love and mercy?  Save us from "sin"?  Take all our burdens on himself?....but why?

If the above are true, then why?

A)  Is there truly a battle between good and evil that is beyond our Earthly realm?

b)  Why would a Jesus figure wait until 2000 years ago (and not intervene when humans walked the Earth tens of thousands of years ago?

c) Why would a race of humans need "saving"?  from what?    

d) Afterlife?  Save us from our afterlife?  

e)  When we die, do we "wakeup" from our VR game on another planet?

f)  Why would God send "down" a representative to interact with Humans?  to teach?  to inform?  to heal?  to save?...save from what?...the upcoming galactic war?   why?    Why then would be be required to die a human death only to be resurrected as a spiritual being?

Happy Easter!

a) The first thing to answer is that is there truly such a thing as "good" and "evil"? If so, who dictates that? If the world truly evolved from randomness, then why should there be good/evil or even suffering? 

b) The background for this question is presumably: if God is all powerful, then why couldn't God have done what God needed to do earlier? One thing to note here is that Jesus is supposed to be God (and fully man) as well. He seemed to have no issues with God's all-powerfulness. His answer seems to be less of "why" and more of "what am I supposed to do about it right now?" What I heard is that humans were given this free will powerful enough to impact all of Creation, and it's not really free will unless the Creator has to put constraints on the world and on himself.

c) When Jesus came, most of the people in Israel wanted him to save them from the Romans. According to the gospels, Jesus disagreed with this and said that was was really ailing humans is this evil in each person's heart that apparently is like a disease (virus).

d) I believe out of all the main religions, Christianity is the only one who claims that its founder resurrected.

e) I guess we'll find out.

f) Apparently, he's not just a representative. He's God's only son. I guess God really loved humans and there was no other way other than with Jesus' sacrifice...