The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild | April 21st, 2022 | 5:00 PM, Sportsnet Pacific | Just win.

Rate this topic

Roberts

8 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hey, I appreciate that @Vintage Canuck posts these….but does anyone actually get pumped up by these slow mo walks-to-rink-with-coffee vids? ::DWhat exactly is the purpose of them? Chance to critique (or swoon at I guess) the player’s fashion choices?

Agreed.

And If you watch again, it's almost like Miller can hear the terrible music they are adding.

Slow-mo makes everything look dramatic, but the marketing dept is mailing it in with some of these. They need some new tricks. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

But... but... this is a non-playoff team because they're likely gonna miss the playoffs this year!!  Doesn't matter that they've been playing like a top 10 team the past 4 to 5 months.  WE NEED CHANGE!  TRADE MILLER (OUR TOP SCORER), TRADE MYERS (OUR TOP RHD), AND TRADE BOESER OR GARLAND (EITHER ONE OF OUR BEST TOP 6 WINGERS) !!!!!11!1!!!123!!@!!!  WE NEED TO IMPROVES!!!1!!!!!!11111111!!

The reason to trade Miller is because he is one year away from UFA and may not re-sign at a reasonable term/dollar, not because we suck and need a change.

If he is under contract for n more years at reasonable $$$, there's no need to trade him this offseason because this team is 100+ point team under Boudreau.

And don't fool yourself into thinking that this team doesn't need to improve. Every team needs to improve if it wants to win the cup, even the Avs and Panthers could improve in certain areas. It's just that their holes are smaller than ours.

We have at least two holes to fill: one on RD and wingers that are stronger along the boards. Both of these holes aren't easy to fill.

As we are capped out, trading is the only way if we want immediate improvements. If we are fine with waiting, then yeah, we don't have to trade anyone, just draft, develop, and wait for some of the undesirable contracts to expire.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine what kind of a beast you have to be to do this at age 20 to 22:

1991-92 Vancouver Canucks NHL 65 34 26 60 30 0 13 6 4 10 14
1992-93 Vancouver Canucks NHL 83 60 50 110 69 35 12 5 7 12 8
1993-94 Vancouver Canucks NHL 76 60 47 107 86 1 24 16 15 31 40

He's closest contemporary comparison might be Connor McDavid with more of the natural goal scorer's instincts.

Speaking of beast, I think we win this game if you show up in beast mode today.

If Ottawa game Petey shows up, I don't like our chances of winning.

This has been fun to watch but I think we all know that it is only the maths that say the Nucks are still potentially in the race...even with their big players out for this game, the Wild has so many more offensive weapons. The Nucks are looking tired and without Bo...it will take a miracle for them to win and a even bigger miracle for them to make the playoffs...but hey at least it is entertaining....

22 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed.

And If you watch again, it's almost like Miller can hear the terrible music they are adding.

Slow-mo makes everything look dramatic, but the marketing dept is mailing it in with some of these. They need some new tricks. 

Agreed it’s like Zack Snyder is directing the Canucks social media Videos. Always a slow-mo burn to the rink.

6A5A43B2-DD86-40A8-8CC9-DD17D55CC592.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Colorado is a legit Cup contender.  Edmonton doesn't even have NHL quality D or goaltending.  No comparison.

I really, really hate to say it, but if I was a betting man, I'd put money on the Flames.

Two legit stars in Tkachuk and Gaudreau......good secondary scoring in Lindholm, Mangiapane, Toffoli, Backlund, Dube and Coleman....solid defense.....good goaltending and lots of size. Special teams are both top 10 in the league as well.....

I hope I'm wrong.... :unsure:

.....but I think this is the best chance of the Cup coming back to Canada since 2011 (and that includes Montreal's run last year)

33 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hey, I appreciate that @Vintage Canuck posts these….but does anyone actually get pumped up by these slow mo walks-to-rink-with-coffee vids? ::DWhat exactly is the purpose of them? Chance to critique (or swoon at I guess) the player’s fashion choices?

I like their suits. They look pretty spiffy all dressed up. And of course, snazzy! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I really, really hate to say it, but if I was a betting man, I'd put money on the Flames.

Two legit stars in Tkachuk and Gaudreau......good secondary scoring in Lindholm, Mangiapane, Toffoli, Backlund, Dube and Coleman....solid defense.....good goaltending and lots of size. Special teams are both top 10 in the league as well.....

.....but I think this is the best chance of the Cup coming back to Canada since 2011 (and that includes Montreal's run last year)

*shudders* imagine Tanev handed the cup because of being one of the oldest players on that team that hasn’t won. Then gives it to Marky… then gives

it to Guddy. Add Tofu in that team photo and it would haunt canucks fans for years! Not gud, not real gud at all.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

they're choke artists. 

I'm predicting a 1996 SCF rematch.