The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Myers to Texas

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I hope you all like it!

To Dallas

- Tyler Myers

To Vancouver

- Radek Faksa

Dallas gets a Texan top 4 RHD to replace Klingberg next season.

Vancouver gets a decent 3C to slot in behind Horvat and Petey.

Thoughts?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Brock Best-sir said:

Well you know what I mean. I mean thoughts about the trade proposal ;)

If we move Miller then I could see this as a good deal.  

Need to fill Myers’ minutes, and that could come from the Miller trade.  Or Garland?  

Faksa is big, right?  

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Has size but doesn't hit. Can't defend. Decent on face offs. 

Not really the reciepe for a 3rd line centre. 

Sounds like we would rather have Chytil.  6 years younger and room to grow as a player.  

To trade Myers though we will need to take back contracts.  

4 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I bet dallas takes Myers for a 3rd round pick like the Schmidt trade

Wow!  That would be too good.  Clearing all of Myers’ cap would help us out a lot.  Then the Miller and Garland trades can bring in a much better RSD to play Myers’ role.  And for less money too.  

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  That would be too good.  Clearing all of Myers’ cap would help us out a lot.  Then the Miller and Garland trades can bring in a much better RSD to play Myers’ role.  And for less money too.  

I wonder if Seattle would move Adam Larsson for the right price, Brock one for one? Larsson a top 4 R shot D and a great contract, he is older than boeser and SEA has no real exciting player. Brock would be undoubtedly their top player

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

I wonder if Seattle would move Adam Larsson for the right price, Brock one for one? Larsson a top 4 R shot D and a great contract, he is older than boeser and SEA has no real exciting player. Brock would be undoubtedly their top player

That would be another great trade.  

I can see Garland’s value being higher (because of his contract certainty) and would move him for Larson too.

2 hours ago, Brock Best-sir said:

To Dallas

- Tyler Myers

To Vancouver

- Radek Faksa

Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum!  

I wouldn't mind the trade if Faksa was slightly younger or didn't have three years left on the contract.  This is the type of a realistic deal that could go down though, where we have to take 3.25 mil in salary back.  I will be shocked if we are able to simply move on from the entire 6 mil on Myers' contract.  

One important detail here is that Francesco Aqualini and the Dallas Stars owner don't see eye to eye and have often butted heads.  I was quite shocked when I heard about the Dickinson trade. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Welcome to the forum!  

I wouldn't mind the trade if Faksa was slightly younger or didn't have three years left on the contract.  This is the type of a realistic deal that could go down though, where we have to take 3.25 mil in salary back.  I will be shocked if we are able to simply move on from the entire 6 mil on Myers' contract.  

One important detail here is that Francesco Aqualini and the Dallas Stars owner don't see eye to eye and have often butted heads.  I was quite shocked when I heard about the Dickinson trade. 

Yeah I agree we would need to take salary back and Faksa is not a very good player on an expensive contract for 3 more seasons.

I wonder if a shorter term cap dump such as Khudobin might be a better fit, e.g. Myers for Khudobin + 3rd pick

Khudobin has 1 year left on a $3.33m. He could stay in the AHL in Abby and provide some depth in case Martin sh*ts the bed 

5 hours ago, Brock Best-sir said:

To Dallas

- Tyler Myers

To Vancouver

- Radek Faksa

Thoughts?

Welcome to CDC. I like the idea of trading Myers. My hope was that Arizona would move to Houston, then Myers could be traded to the city of his birth. It's a natural for marketing purposes: homegrown Texan, bigger than pretty much everybody. I tell ya, it's a can't miss idea. They are going to need some big money contracts to reach the cap floor, and Myers would help them get there.

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

If we move Miller then I could see this as a good deal.  

Need to fill Myers’ minutes, and that could come from the Miller trade.  Or Garland?  

Faksa is big, right?  

I don't like the idea of trading Garland. He's still relatively young and will likely get better on a reasonable contract. Although he isn't going to crush many players, he manages to wiggle himself out of most dangers of his own, being a smaller guy. Mind you, I am one of the few who feel our forward group is generally pretty damn good as it is, and it's largely cap considerations that make it difficult to maintain into next season. I'm on the fence with Miller for reasons already discussed, but I'd like to keep him at a reasonable cap hit if we could.

Myers to me is the most obvious place to move a guy not playing to his salary. Dickinson never really got traction in Vancouver, but he hasn't had a lot of playing time with the guys so I dunno. Poolman is an obvious liability of a contract and maybe we can add a sweetener to rid us of it. But if we can move out a couple of these and manage to move Myers for any bit of a return, I'd like to see it. 

Who to replace him? Well, I hear a guy named Manson is UFA. I know he's aging, but he'd be a perfect fit for Hughes. I don't think we really have a lot of assets to trade.

Hughes Manson
OEL Schenn
Dermott Hunt

Rathbone Burroughs

These pairings don't have a lot of offensive depth, but Manson would allow Huggy to play his game and maybe Rathbone can break out this season. I just don't think we have the cap to bring in any stars on the back end if we expect to maintain them on the front at least.

I'm back in here, wondering if Dickinson PLUS Myers to Dallas is an option. They are familiar with Dickinson who actually played fairly well there, and by all accounts he's a lockerroom favourite. This gives them both a center to replace Faksa and a top 4 (?) defenseman to replace Klingberg. Make no mistake: Faksa's production has gone down and he is signed for an extra year so it's not exactly a win for us with the exception of ridding ourselves of some cap space which isn't producing as expected for us.

THEN we sign Manson at 4.5m. We walk away with a net cap reduction of about a million, 

Then move Poolman along with a b-level AHL prospect to Arizona or a team at the cap floor for basically nothing in return, which now gives us 3.5m.

Re-sign Brock at 5.875, 5 years. (Hoping he will be reasonable and keep the same salary). Chaisson, Lammikko, Highmore, Hunt all at around 1m each.

Lineup:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Hogs Faksa Podz

Highmore Lamikko Chiasson

Lockwood

Hughes Manson
OEL Schenn
Dermott Hunt

Rathbone Burroughs

No, it isn't a ton better than this season, but I feel this lineup IS slightly better, and under BB we were one of the better teams. If we get off to a good start, this team gets us in the playoffs next season. Let's keep in mind that Podz and Hogs should be improved as well.

Then,

Re-sign Miller 6 years, 7.75m

Re-Sign Horvat 6 years, 6.5m
(Yes, these might be low - especially for Miller. Hoping both guys are willing to take discounts to stick around long term)

I haven't done the math to see where we'd be at, but I would hope at that point we can either move someone out of our forward group for space, or naturally have the space to add another solid d-man.

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

As soon as we move Myers and his cap out, we start looking for a quality 22+ tough min a game RHD.  Those cost far more 6 mil.  Moving Myers out would be absolutely crazy.  Who eats those minutes?

• Cheers 1

On 4/25/2022 at 9:17 AM, BCNate said:

As soon as we move Myers and his cap out, we start looking for a quality 22+ tough min a game RHD.  Those cost far more 6 mil.  Moving Myers out would be absolutely crazy.  Who eats those minutes?

I wonder w/ DAL prob making playoffs, whether their 1st at this draft might be in place?  Boeser would def snag that pick.  Move Myers elsewhere for assets.  Use acquired assets + Rathbone (?) to try and pry Dobson out of NYI?