• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2022 at 02:00 AM

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

F*** Benn and Seguin after their classless Sedin comments. 

oh my god, it wasn't that bad, and also the remark wasn't made on tv but some stupid podcast nobody listens to probably... And once again, f-ck the lames. but you know what? lames can advance if they get absolutely destroyed by the coilers next round. i want lames tears.

Edited by Rubik

5 minutes ago, Rubik said:

oh my god, it wasn't that bad, and also the remark wasn't made on tv but some stupid podcast nobody listens to probably... And once again, f-ck the lames. but you now what? lames can advance if they get absolutely destroyed by the coilers next round. i want lames tears.

Any player making chickens*** comments like that in public on any platform is a spineless coward. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Any player making chickens*** comments like that in public on any platform is a spineless coward. 

i mean yeah, seguin definitely rubs me the wrong way, but it's the lames duuuude :lol:

Random musings from the Dallas - Calgary series....  

We traded for the wrong forward from Dallas.  Michael Raffl and Joel Kirivanta would've been much more useful then Dickinson.  To top it all off, Dickinson is better suited for the Dallas style system/game then the more offensive game that we play.  

Mangiapane reminded everyone of how important he's been for Calgary this year.  He was the main driver at the beginning of the year that got them on the winning track.  When people talk about the best Calgary forwards, it goes 

1. Gaudreau 

2. Backlund 

3. Lindholm 

4. Mangiapane 

5. Toffoli 

6. Tkachuk 

7. Coleman 

I actually think that Calgary will make a big mistake if they pay big money to Tkachuk.  I think that he's a very very good forward that has benefited greatly from his two linemates.  We will see how they juggle new contracts for Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, and Kylington but there won't be enough money to go around unless they shed a lot of players.  

Benn has really lost a step.  Dallas team is being carried by their d-men while their forwards are listless outside of Raffl (hitting everything that moves), Pavelski (always dangerous), Robertson, and Vlad Namestnikov who's flying out there. Of course I have to mention their best player: Oettinger. 

Tanev has been doing a poor job of avoiding hits in the last few games and it's been showing in his play a little bit.  He's been slow to get to pucks and committed a few turnovers when being pressured by the forecheckers. Toffoli has lost some confidence as he hasn't scored in something crazy like 15 games, but he's been creating good opportunities. 

Dallas' power play is terrible btw.  

23 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Random musings from the Dallas - Calgary series....  

We traded for the wrong forward from Dallas.  Michael Raffl and Joel Kirivanta would've been much more useful then Dickinson.  To top it all off, Dickinson is better suited for the Dallas style system/game then the more offensive game that we play.  

Mangiapane reminded everyone of how important he's been for Calgary this year.  He was the main driver at the beginning of the year that got them on the winning track.  When people talk about the best Calgary forwards, it goes 

1. Gaudreau 

2. Backlund 

3. Lindholm 

4. Mangiapane 

5. Toffoli 

6. Tkachuk 

7. Coleman 

I actually think that Calgary will make a big mistake if they pay big money to Tkachuk.  I think that he's a very very good forward that has benefited greatly from his two linemates.  We will see how they juggle new contracts for Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, and Kylington but there won't be enough money to go around unless they shed a lot of players.  

Johnny Hockey is good as gone, either Jersey or Philly whoever pays more. 

I'm surprised how far Dallas is pushing Calgary to be honest, both teams have defended well but Calgary's top stars really aren't scoring much. I think it comes down to them under-performing instead of Dallas' defence and goalie over-performing.

Still they should win this series next game.

2 hours ago, HI5 said:

Feel like the rivalry with them has been dead since Bieksa departed. 

We haven't had an intense rivalry with Calgary in years 

We've been awful and they've been mediocre but still better 

7 hours ago, Rubik said:

oh my god, it wasn't that bad, and also the remark wasn't made on tv but some stupid podcast nobody listens to probably... And once again, f-ck the lames. but you know what? lames can advance if they get absolutely destroyed by the coilers next round. i want lames tears.

it was bad. It's hard to know what exactly that interview was implying but at the very least they were making fun of how they treat each other as brothers and their appearance.

I think saying stuff in a Podcast doesn't justify anything, just ask Joe Rogan. 

Edited by iinatcc

11 minutes ago, x00x said:

sucks we let markstrom goo , hes 10000% better than demko and ya im cheering on flames

I think where the team was at Demko was the best option. I mean I wouldn't mind sticking to Markstrom mind you but I think knowing where the team is now. I think Demko is better option, since Markstrom is already 32, so will he still perform at the same level once the team becomes a contender 3 or 4 years later (ideally).

• Cheers 1

This series has kind of gone how I thought it would; defensive battle with a lot of the offensive stars not showing up for Calgary. I had Calgary winning in 6, but would have picked an upset had they not been playing the Stars

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

it was bad. It's hard to know what exactly that interview was implying but at the very least they were making fun of how they treat each other as brothers and their appearance.

I think saying stuff in a Podcast doesn't justify anything, just ask Joe Rogan. 

i love how you are offended on the Sedins part. Probably they just shook their head when they heard it and then forgot about it 2 mins later, but here you are like 6-7 (?) years later and still being butthurt about it. And iirc, they apologized for it later so that should be more than enough for us to forget the whole thing. Sure, the joke was in bad taste, but I don't think there's a single player in the league who doesn't respect the Sedins, including Benn and Seguin.

Edited by Rubik

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

i love how you are offended on the Sedins part. Probably they just shook their head when they heard it and then forgot about it 2 mins later, but here you are like 6-7 (?) years later and still being butthurt about it. And iirc, they apologized for it later so that should be more than enough for us to forget the whole thing. Sure, the joke was in bad taste, but I don't think there's a single player in the league who doesn't respect the Sedins, including Benn and Seguin.

I mean Sedins' publicly shrugged it off, it shows how a class act they are. That said Seguin and Benn, for leaders in their respective teams, to say something like that feels more like a bunch of frat boys rather than actual leaders and role models for the teams they represent.

If I am going to cheer for a hockey team (not the Canucks) I want it to be a team with a respectful leadership core. 

Edit: It's not like I am cancelling them or anything but I don't want to cheer for them or their team either.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 2