The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils open to trading 2022 1st-round pick

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Kevin Fiala 25, 5'10 had 85 points will be on Devils list to trade for before draft ..Fiala RFA will demand over 7 million and Wild will have cap issues with Parise and Suters buyout kicking in next season 12 million-2022-23 - 14 million following 2 seasons....

So 1st rounder #5 2022, Ty Smith, Zacha - will be starting point...

So lemme get this straight

Fiala, a LW would be worth the #5 pick this year, Ty Smith on D.  Zacha as a throw in.  As a starting point.  

Interesting.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Fiala, a LW would be worth the #5 pick this year, Ty Smith on D.  Zacha as a throw in.  As a starting point.  

Interesting.

Will be interested if Fiala  RFA is moved.. I can see a teams like Detroit ready to push chips win for young star along with LA kings..

Wild will have cap issues for next 3 years with buyouts of Praise and Suter..

I can see lots of player trades around draft this July.

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Cool. Debrincat.  Awesome Fiala.

Where's that solid veteran presence though?

Is Miller really that solid veteran presence.  Miller has some of his short-comings forgiven because of his production but is he really the example to follow - the guys aren't all going to be top end players.  If you are building a contender with a lot of youth wouldn't you prefer someone that is on the right side of the puck and doesn't give up on plays or tries to dangle through guys when the safe play is getting it in deep?  

Minnesota has entrusted that veteran role to Foligno.  It's Boone Jenner in Columbus.  Don't know who could be available but if it's about culture and making sure of playing the right way - those type of players seem better suited.  For production, Miller if not for his age, so looking at younger options there. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Adam Fox, Roman Josi and Victor Hedman all disagree. 

Hedman won it before Makar was in the league, no? 

Not sure about Adam Fox. 

49 minutes ago, mll said:

Is Miller really that solid veteran presence.  Miller has some of his short-comings forgiven because of his production but is he really the example to follow - the guys aren't all going to be top end players.  If you are building a contender with a lot of youth wouldn't you prefer someone that is on the right side of the puck and doesn't give up on plays or tries to dangle through guys when the safe play is getting it in deep?  

Minnesota has entrusted that veteran role to Foligno.  It's Boone Jenner in Columbus.  Don't know who could be available but if it's about culture and making sure of playing the right way - those type of players seem better suited.  For production, Miller if not for his age, so looking at younger options there. 

Yeah. I think that’s why management, in my opinion, is going to try to sign Miller to 5 years. If they can’t, then he’s probably in another jersey come October next season. Miller had a breakout year, a career year. I am not convinced that he replicates this season next season, let alone the seasons after that. If anything, I can see him already declining and producing 60-70 points. I mean, that’s nothing to sneeze at, but it’s a far cry from the 99 he’s produced this season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

1st OA + Zacha + Severson for Hughes + OEL?

Oh, no way. Not for Quinn. 

I think other teams in the league could probably have OEL for a decent return, especially if the Canucks retained some salary for OEL. 

I wouldn’t want to move Hughes. He’s easily this franchise’s best defenseman, no doubt about that. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Oh, no way. Not for Quinn. 

I think other teams in the league could probably have OEL for a decent return, especially if the Canucks retained some salary for OEL. 

I wouldn’t want to move Hughes. He’s easily this franchise’s best defenseman, no doubt about that. 

OEL has a full NMC throughout his deal.  Even when things were tensed with Tocchet he was only willing to waive for Vancouver and possibly Boston.  

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting.

Okay. So if Fiala who produced 85 points can demand those pieces from NJ coming back, what would Miller get in return? 

1 minute ago, mll said:

OEL has a full NMC throughout his deal.  Even when things were tensed with Tocchet he was only willing to waive for Vancouver and possibly Boston.  

Yeah, but things aren’t tensed anymore here in Van for him, right? I’m assuming it’s better here in Vancouver for him, right? But if he’s comfortable here, then I guess you can’t move him. 

1 hour ago, mll said:

Look at our win loss without Miller recording a point.

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Will be interested if Fiala  RFA is moved.. I can see a teams like Detroit ready to push chips win for young star along with LA kings..

Wild will have cap issues for next 3 years with buyouts of Praise and Suter..

I can see lots of player trades around draft this July.

I can not see Fiala being worth more than JT Miller, but then I also have seen some insane GMs in my day

52 minutes ago, mll said:

We’re heavily under estimating OEL.

He is an awesome 1D. Let’s not get greedy. We have 2 1Ds.

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

We’re heavily under estimating OEL.

He is an awesome 1D. Let’s not get greedy. We have 2 1Ds.

Friedman says Vancouver has been trying to see if there's a trade market for OEL but pointed out that he has full control given his NMC.  

1 minute ago, mll said:

Friedman says Vancouver has been trying to see if there's a trade market for OEL but pointed out that he has full control given his NMC.  

Let’s trust the media that contributed to a Boston Cup.