• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2022 at 02:30 AM

Just now, Muttley said:

The Oilers have in the past cheated the lottery. If they go on to win this game and take the series, it'll have a big fat asterisk beside it....

200w.webp  

They won't make past the next round anyway. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, amplified0ne said:

Should just allow kicked in goals, no gloved or punched in goals.  It's a skill in of itself.  

I agree.  I had assumed in the situation rule they had an unwritten rule saying that all goals off the skate should be counted regardless of motion and high sticks won't be called back unless 100% obvious because that precedent has been used for 10 years and I think that is fine.  But this game proves that wrong.

Terrible call and the league should review the removal of that rule this offseason because of that call.

1 minute ago, amplified0ne said:

Should just allow kicked in goals, no gloved or punched in goals.  It's a skill in of itself.  

I can see the carnage of a game of soccer on ice lol. Jugulars are 50 points, 2 points per stich inflicted.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Same effect I guess. They are on ice it's a little harder to have a distinct soccer kick motion, but the intention can be the same. 

It's a call, so is what it is. I don't agree with it though, based on previous examples. 

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

I agree.  I had assumed in the situation rule they had an unwritten rule saying that all goals off the skate should be counted regardless of motion and high sticks won't be called back unless 100% obvious because that precedent has been used for 10 years and I think that is fine.  But this game proves that wrong.

Terrible call and the league should review the removal of that rule this offseason because of that call.

It's the right call.

Any time an Albertian team is denied a goal it is the correct call.

• Haha 4