• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2022 at 02:30 AM

Sutter whipped the Flames into shape for the regular season. Then they ran out of gumption when it mattered the most. 

They just didn’t have the heart or the will to keep playing hard for Darryl. It wouldn’t surprise me if he stepped down.

12 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah honesty thought it was 50/50 but if that call was made on the nucks i'd be pretty pissed off. honestly thought they'd call good goal there.

It was 50/50 if kicks were called back regularly.  The problem is, they aren't.  The NHL hasn't called back kicking motions in about 10 years.  The last time I remember one being called back was Canucks vs Flames in like 2013 or something like that it was that long ago.

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I accept Bieksa’s interpretation of the disallowed goal.

The puck was being watched by the player. He extended his leg/skate to make contact with the puck, when the other leg was obstructed. The puck was not on its’ way into the net anyways. It had stalled its momentum & had flipped up & was not guaranteed to roll in or towards the open net. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah honesty thought it was 50/50 but if that call was made on the nucks i'd be pretty pissed off. honestly thought they'd call good goal there.

I agree it was 50/50.  That’s why I was sure that the call on the ice would stand.  To overturn a goal it should have been more blatantly kicked in IMO.

It was actually unlucky for Coleman that the puck just happened to land in front of his skate. Probably would have gone in anyways

feel sorry for Marky and Tanev but if they don’t win the Cup for us, too &$#£%€ bad

not cheering for the Coilers but gotta admit I’m looking forward to watching more of McDavid in the playoffs :ph34r:

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I'm not a fan. At some point you're just selfish. Let a healthy body in the lineup.

Just which healthy body you think would have worked better? I know it's not saying much, but their D looked much better with an injured Tanev out there. Plus, his teammates all said that his playing gave them a much-needed emotional lift.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I'm not a fan. At some point you're just selfish. Let a healthy body in the lineup.

Yeah that's just stupid. I'm not impressed with I hear players after the post season with all these injuries that they played with.. not if you're injured, you're not helping the team. 

7 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

First star of the game

The refs ruled it a good goal.  Wasn't it the situation room in Toronto that over-turned the refs decision or did Edmonton challenge? 

3 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Just which healthy body you think would have worked better? I know it's not saying much, but their D looked much better with an injured Tanev out there. Plus, his teammates all said that his playing gave them a much-needed emotional lift.

Guddy + an extra forward. Guddy on low minutes. 

Emotional is cute especially when you lose in 5.

Edited by Chris12345