The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche lead series 2-0
1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Imagine having Darnell Nurse costing you $9.25 million for the next EIGHT years. Cody Ceci at $3.25 million for the next THREE years. Or Tyson Barrie at $4.5 million for the next TWO years. Or Duncan Keith at $5.538 million for ONE more year. 

Tell me, please, how Edmonton can be better next year when it is clear their defense is deficient.

For all the complaining that our fans do about OEL making 7.25, I don't hear as much complaining about Nurse making 9.25.  Nurse is slightly more physical and OEL is higher skilled, but their level of play is very similar IMO.  

In any case, Evan Bouchard is looking like a good young d-man that should keep on getting better.  I don't mind Cody Ceci at 3.25...  Barrie is not my favourite d-man to be honest, especially on a team like Edmonton that has all the firepower up front.  

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"You expect me to make a save?????"

More that maybe he considers it to be bad form to have someone take a shot that hits him....

regards,  G.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We would need to add so much depth it would be near impossible in one offseason with limited cap.

Avs are where they are because of good drafting, patience, and good cap management.

Well, that and some more talent.

regards,  G.

2 hours ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I think Hyman is the most likeable Oiler. 

Really, I was thinking it was Kane..... oh wait, you were being serious. My bad.  

Yeah, I like Hyman as well.

regards,  G.

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Imagine having Darnell Nurse costing you $9.25 million for the next EIGHT years. Cody Ceci at $3.25 million for the next THREE years. Or Tyson Barrie at $4.5 million for the next TWO years. Or Duncan Keith at $5.538 million for ONE more year. 

Tell me, please, how Edmonton can be better next year when it is clear their defense is deficient.

Nurse is trash. I absolutely can't stand that guy. 

• Vintage 1

Offence gets you through the regular season and first round or two but defence and goaltending gets you the cup. The NYR-Tampa series is predominantly a goalie duel and it looks like Tampa's team defending finally got broken down in the last game.

The Avs kept Edmonton to 11 shots in the last 2 periods. Whether the Oilers are just running out of gas or it's due to Colorado's decent defending, they're finding a way to shut them down.

Edmonton squeaked past a very crap LA team and blew away a Calgary team thanks to their top line and the "BoA" spirit, but now they're playing their first decent team and they look like a shadow of a team.

This'll be over in 5.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Offence gets you through the regular season and first round or two but defence and goaltending gets you the cup. The NYR-Tampa series is predominantly a goalie duel and it looks like Tampa's team defending finally got broken down in the last game.

The Avs kept Edmonton to 11 shots in the last 2 periods. Whether the Oilers are just running out of gas or it's due to Colorado's decent defending, they're finding a way to shut them down.

Edmonton squeaked past a very crap LA team and blew away a Calgary team thanks to their top line and the "BoA" spirit, but now they're playing their first decent team and they look like a shadow of a team.

This'll be over in 5.

Edm has a big intangible with Drais and McD but they have dug a big hole.Next two in Edm all pressure on the Oil

6 hours ago, viking mama said:

Does anyone else see the probability of these 2 conference championship series, becoming sweeps?!

Is that unprecedented? 

1992. Pittsburgh swept Boston, while Chicago swept Edmonton. It was a weird playoffs, first round was extremely tight in almost all of the series, then 5 sweeps in the last 7 match-ups.

The 1992 playoffs saw history being made, as for the first time ever, all four division winners were eliminated in the same round. In the division finals, the Norris Division champion Detroit Red Wings were swept by the Chicago Blackhawks in four straight games, and the Montreal Canadiens, who had won the Adams Division, suffered the same fate at the hands of the Boston Bruins. The Pittsburgh Penguins eliminated the Patrick Division titlists, the New York Rangers, in six games, while the Vancouver Canucks, the Smythe Division toppers, fell to the Edmonton Oilers, also in six games.

A record 54 games were played in the first round, with six of the eight series going the full seven games, and the other two going six games (the Oilers' win over the Kings and the Blackhawks' win over the Blues). Three of the eight series featured teams coming back from 3–1 series deficits (Detroit against Minnesota, Pittsburgh against Washington, and Vancouver against Winnipeg), the most in a single playoff year; this record was equaled in 2003.

image.thumb.png.b5ce190770e0b54aa5f8764cc523d924.png

Edited by Rubik
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Nurse will never live up to that deal. 

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Good time to get hot.

Its so much fun to watch McDiver and DraiBaby get schooled. When another team plays a tight game, you can stop them, and it doesn't hurt having Smith in goal :lol:

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

I know!  We are a couple moves away from being the best in the Pacific.  Heck we might be the best in the Pacific by doing nothing.  The Soilers are easily stopped by playing speed against McDrai.  And the Lames won’t have Garden Gnome next year.  And Tkapuke will hold out.  

oh man a hold out by him would be awesome. 

I wonder if Jen will do another segment on McDivers jersey flapping in the wind? that was some killer coverage by Jen. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JM_ said:

oh man a hold out by him would be awesome. 

I wonder if Jen will do another segment on McDivers jersey flapping in the wind? that was some killer coverage by Jen. 

The sad part is Jen knows hockey and is a good speaker. But when I heard that, I'm like...huh? Can you just say his speed and edge work impressed you?

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The sad part is Jen knows hockey and is a good speaker. But when I heard that, I'm like...huh? Can you just say his speed and edge work impressed you?

my wife cracked up when Jen said that. She doesn't like her much, thinks she's way too "star" focused. 

• Haha 1

I know that Sportsnet/cbc is Canadian t.v. , but I had to go with a different feed; as I was getting very, very, very, and very tired of the Oil fluffing.

Almost like they forgot there are two teams on the ice.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1