The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

8 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Gusev was never injured. He missed a ton of games, because, he was healthy scratched a few times, was in protocol, and was a placed on waivers.

He was also 26yrs old when he came over, scoring  a 1.2 points per game, in the last three seasons in the KHL.

Gusev is smaller than Garland.  Kuzmenko is pushing 200 pounds.  Big difference in size to handle the NHL game...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Bo Re-signs 8 years 6.7 per year

Miller Re-signs 7 years 7.5 per year

Boeser re-signs 3 years 6 mil per

Myers and Pearson to Pittsburgh for Marino and Kapanen - pretty close cap wise

Sign Lybushkin - 3 mil per

Sign Mikhayev - 3.5 mil per

Sign Deslauriers - 1.5 mil per

Sign Paul - 3.5 mil per

If our mgmt team can pull that off....you can probably move Garland then for an even better upgrade on RD. (just realized as I edited).

Petey Miller Boeser

Kuzmenko Bo Podz

Mikhayev Paul Kapannen

Delauriers Lammiko Lockwood

Hoglander (maybe in Abby to work on his game).

OEL Lybushkin

Hughes Marino

Burroughs/Rathbone Schenn

Poolman

Looks great but in no way are you going to get Marino and Kapanen for Myers and Pearson. You'd be adding from our side to do that, imho.

Their mainstay D are getting up there in age so losing a 25 year old Marino is costly and their contending window pretty much closed now, barring any offseason moves.

They could use a Myers for sure, but I think PIT is going to have to begin their youth movement/restructure very soon.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

Seems like a terrible thing to say considering world events right now, but... Yay!!:towel:

Politics and regular Russians are different. Most Russians I know are very nice hard working types that can take a lot of hardships. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Looks great but in no way are you going to get Marino and Kapanen for Myers and Pearson. You'd be adding from our side to do that, imho.

Their mainstay D are getting up there in age so losing a 25 year old Marino is costly and their contending window pretty much closed now, barring any offseason moves.

They could use a Myers for sure, but I think PIT is going to have to begin their youth movement/restructure very soon.

Actually, Pit would be all over that trade, especially if they don't get Letang back.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I've read they've soured on both. And if they re-sign both Malkin and Letang, they want another couple runs for the cup...so they will want experience. I agree we may have to add...perhaps add in Hogs would do it.

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

As long as Crosby is around they are going for the Cup.  No way Crosby is going to continue to play on a team that is rebuilding...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Too many [reasons] to list" about coming to Vancouver, but certain agents, front office employees, and even some fans, used to say it was difficult to recruit to Vancouver as a way to explain all these overpayments, inflated terms, etc.

Makes you wonder...

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PP1

Boeser   Miller   Pettersson

OEL   Hughes (rover)

PP2

Kuzmenko   Horvat   Podkolzin

Rathbone   Marino

I'd rather stick to the traditional 2 D's on the PP for each group.  If we need to load up PP1 I would replace OEL with Podkolzin and play him in front of the net...

yikes, we will lose a lot of points not having miller run the PP. Millers earned that left high slot spot. I suppose kuzmenko could play bumper and still have horvat on PP2.

Just now, AV. said:

"Too many [reasons] to list" about coming to Vancouver, but certain agents, front office employees, and even some fans, used to say it was difficult to recruit to Vancouver as a way to explain all these overpayments, inflated terms, etc.

Makes you wonder...

He's only making $925,000 this year.  Wait until he becomes a UFA next summer and we will see if the money is a driver for him or not...

• Like 1