The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Vegas shopping Nic Hague

I'd be up for acquiring him. Brings that size we're looking for, and isn't completely absent of offensive ability. 

Hasn't put up a lot of points though - so maybe he comes reasonably cheap? (Both in terms of trading cost as well as re-signing)

8 hours ago, mll said:

They wouldn't, but they don't have to add assets or take bad cap back to trade him.  

thats why I'm thinking a pick and a college prospect might actually be something they look at. 

I remember when we got Schmidt from Vegas and CDC was so excited about Benning using cap space to get a player that another team needed to move for cap reasons.  Schmidt sucked pucks.  

Is this Hague guy actually good, or is he another puck sucker?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I'm just basing it on what Rutherford has said about how he approaches trades, more from a win-win than trying to squeeze another GM. 

This is not a normal trade situation. Look at history.

Edited by aGENT

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember when we got Schmidt from Vegas and CDC was so excited about Benning using cap space to get a player that another team needed to move for cap reasons.  Schmidt sucked pucks.  

Is this Hague guy actually good, or is he another puck sucker?  

if he is a puck sucker, it should be low level suction. We shouldn't be giving up much or paying much in salary. He's a big, maybe a bit better than Schenn on the left side?

a nice add for cheap. I'm way more interested in stealing Roy from the Vegas Bettmans. 

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So you build up trust in a young kid who has given his word that he will sign after he completes his studies, especially given how he's lauded the work that our player development team has put into him and how appreciative he is about it and how excited he is to come to development cap - toss that built trust into the crapper and flush him off to a team he probably doesn't want to play for, and you throw in the Benning Special as well.  

Golf Clap GIFs | Tenor

:picard:

:lol: thats some nice drama. 

We're not flushing him, he's a valuable asset in a trade.

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Yeah, and a lot of broken trust.

And people wonder why we can't have the good things... :rolleyes:

guys get traded all the time, why is "trust" any part of this? why would a future prospect care? hey remember 3 years ago when that other college guy got traded to a good team? 

24 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Because trust is extremely important when you're working together as a team; trust builds loyalty, and loyalty is how you'll get the most of of a person's potential.  Trust is also how - as a group - you'll be able to get people to work together with almost reckless abandon towards a common goal.  If you don't have trust, people will just half-ass things and that's when players appear "only in it for the paycheque".

Good thing I don't have to be put in a situation where I need to trust you with my money (much less my life), because your concept of "good management" clearly has issues with trust.  :P

wow this got personal fast. I think you're really overblowing this but OK.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2022 at 7:08 AM, JM_ said:

if he is a puck sucker, it should be low level suction. We shouldn't be giving up much or paying much in salary. He's a big, maybe a bit better than Schenn on the left side?

a nice add for cheap. I'm way more interested in stealing Roy from the Vegas Bettmans. 

If we could snag Roy from Vegas because of their cap problems, that would be amazing. 

25 years old, RHD. He would definitely help. Hague to me is redundant. We have a plethora of LHD. Though with that being said, he would be quality upgrade over the LHD's that we currently have on the roster. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If we could snag Roy from Vegas because of their cap problems, that would be amazing. 

25 years old, RHD. He would definitely help. Hague to me is redundant. We have a plethora of LHD. Though with that being said, he would be quality upgrade over the LHD's that we currently have on the roster. 

actually the Vegas Roy is a RH centre. I think the RHD Roy is in LA. 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:42 AM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Because trust is extremely important when you're working together as a team; trust builds loyalty, and loyalty is how you'll get the most of of a person's potential.  Trust is also how - as a group - you'll be able to get people to work together with almost reckless abandon towards a common goal.  If you don't have trust, people will just half-ass things and that's when players appear "only in it for the paycheque".

Good thing I don't have to be put in a situation where I need to trust you with my money (much less my life), because your concept of "good management" clearly has issues with trust.  :P

Sounds a lot like the Benning and Weisbrod era of Canuck management. Clearly there was little to no trust in upper management and that trickled down to the rest of the organization. I feel a lot more like there's stability with Allvin and Rutherford and the new crew being assembled for the franchise. 

• Vintage 1