The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) CHI not tendering RFA Kubalik

RWJC

10 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Are you young Dizzle?  Back in the day Toews was the kind of guy who would carry a team on his back.  VG leader.  Took the Hawks to 3 cups.  Heart and soul guy.

Yea.  Some ppl like dizzle just love throwing stupid comments out there with zero basis in hopes it makes them look bold on the internet.  Either that or he doesn't understand hockey.

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Yea.  Some ppl like dizzle just love throwing stupid comments out there with zero basis in hopes it makes them look bold on the internet.  Either that or he doesn't understand hockey.

Yep. Toews was a rock but the league got faster around him as he lost a step. 
‘He just doesn’t have the pace for todays game at his current age and injury profile. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Yep. Toews was a rock but the league got faster around him as he lost a step. 
‘He just doesn’t have the pace for todays game at his current age and injury profile. 

He had a serious illness which kept him out of even training for a full year. 

15 hours ago, BPA said:

CHI is tanking hard next season for Bedard.

I thought the Hawks organization don't believe in tanking. Bowman (well he was GM at the time) said when they landed the 3rd overall in that pick for Kirby Dach that he believes teams shouldn't be tanking (which is why he was all for the draft lottery)

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I thought the Hawks organization don't believe in tanking. Bowman (well he was GM at the time) said when they landed the 3rd overall in that pick for Kirby Dach that he believes teams shouldn't be tanking (which is why he was all for the draft lottery)

CHI is trading all their young upcoming players (Dach and DeBrincat).  Letting Kubalik go to UFA (even though he’s RFA).  They may have said they don’t believe in tanking.  But doesn’t seem that way.

17 hours ago, BPA said:

CHI is tanking hard next season for Bedard.

17 hours ago, sarjakd said:

Blackhawks tanking hard for Bedard and it will be hilarious if they don't win the lottery

Chances are they don't but lucky for them it's even more incentive to gut the roster and load up on high picks in the next couple of years. I'm a little envious that they have a strong starting plan for the future.

17 hours ago, Provost said:

I wish we had cleared some cap so that we could get into this game.

There have been decent RFAs available for nothing the past couple seasons.  They will be younger and fit our timeline better than UFAs.

Yeah one thing I've learned in the last 8 years or so are that UFA's are a difficult proposition.

1. UFA's are expensive

2. UFA's actually have to choose your team amongst many, and:

3. Your team actually needs cap space for UFA's or RFA's (Canucks :sadno:)

At this point it looks like the Canucks will not be active in either market. :bored: :unsure:

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Knowing where this is coming from, I’ll take it as a compliment.

Edited by J-Dizzle

get why they didn't Kubalik. He really under performed last season or overachieved the previous season. They probably don't want to qualify him for whatever the cost would be.

Still it'd be weird to see Chicago dress a minor league team next year. If the rumors about Kane wanting out now are true. It'd be very interesting summer

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah one thing I've learned in the last 8 years or so are that UFA's are a difficult proposition.

1. UFA's are expensive

2. UFA's actually have to choose your team amongst many, and:

3. Your team actually needs cap space for UFA's or RFA's (Canucks :sadno:)

At this point it looks like the Canucks will not be active in either market. :bored: :unsure:

There are plenty of lower end UFA's and the Canucks will be in on them.  Today, Lammikko, Highmore and Bailey weren't qualified so they'll be out there