Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ilya Mikheyev

9 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Whaaaa?!? 

Okay there is a trade in the works... 

Are we shipping out Ferland's LTIR? 

Miller? 

Myers? 

I think Miller will be traded for young RD under 24, Top prospect and 2nd rounder

Hoglander  ---- Young  D man similar age played 50 NHL games

Canucks will make some good trades before July 25th..

Garland --Moved  for D man  under 25 - 3rd rounder

Myers - Lots of value not many RD men in UFA market..Look at what Gudbranson signed for 4yrs X 4 million..

Myers can't be moved unless Vancouver have a RD man that can fill Myers tough 20 - 22 mins ..

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Haha. Yep. What's most impressive is the upgrade in possession numbers over Garland as well. Mikheyev is a play driver. When he's on the ice , the puck is going in the right direction way more often . 

His Corsi numbers are impressive, especially considering he's deployed in the Dzone 60% of the time 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I feel like Pearson goes over Garland. 

I hope you a right..I like Garlands energy and he put up 50 PTS with very little PP time..Very skilled forward, would like to keep Garland..

He should get 20-25 G - 56--60 PTS

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I think Miller will be traded for young RD under 24, Top prospect and 2nd rounder

Hoglander  ---- Young  D man similar age played 50 NHL games

Canucks will make some good trades before July 25th..

Garland --Moved  for D man  under 25 - 3rd rounder

Myers - Lots of value not many RD men in UFA market..Look at what Gudbranson signed for 4yrs X 4 million..

Myers can't be moved unless Vancouver have a RD man that can fill Myers tough 20 - 22 mins ..

We aren't trading Miller....I'd trade Petersson,Boeser,Myers,Your Mom before I'd trade Miller.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

A downgrade how? 4 inches taller , 27 pounds heavier,  hits like a truck , offensive,  and plays on the PK. Are you serious?

Mikheyev hit less than Bo last season and Bo was tied with Highmore. Mikheyev is more comparable to Pearson as a player. But he's younger. faster, and more productive. I honestly don't get the hate for Garland. Among the forwards he's one of the best playmakers, he's tenacious offensively and defensely, led all forwards in penalties drawn and gives the opposition fits. Plus he's a pretty good producer. Honestly you could move Pearson and Mikheyev only adds 1.5m to the cap. 

But, they don't actually need to do anything before the season starts. That way they get a good look at everybody in camp and preseason, including rookies, before making a decision.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bertuzzi44fan said:

We aren't trading Miller....I'd trade Petersson,Boeser,Myers,Your Mom before I'd trade Miller.

Miller will want  at least 8.2 million X 7 yrs at 30n yrs old? Also Miller gets best value back in trade..Have to watch signing a player at 30 yrs old for 7 years with big money..

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I feel like Pearson goes over Garland. 

I just posted Pearson and Mikheyev are very similar players; Pearson is a little more physical but Mikheyev is faster, younger, and more productive. Moving pearson means Mikheyev only adds 1.5m to the cap.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Miller will want  at least 8.2 million X 7 yrs at 30n yrs old? Also Miller gets best value back in trade..Have to watch signing a player at 30 yrs old for 7 years with big money..

Is that official or speculation?Maybe he wants to reach the playoffs again before he dies. Either way we could keep him until deadline.

Edited by bertuzzi44fan

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

19 goals in 77 games for Garland,  21 goals in 53 games for Mikheyev last year.  Garland isn't even as good offensively here. There is literally nothing Garland does to make himself a better player than Mikheyev.  

If you're going to quote stats at me like you've never watched Garland play except leave out this super obscure stat you maybe aren't familiar with it? "Points". Like Yep you sure do have opinions. Like I said we will see I hope you're right. Because I really like what Garland brings that isn't on the score sheet. I understand you have to give value to get value and we just got a guy for free so we could get value for another guy. 

30 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

A downgrade how? 4 inches taller , 27 pounds heavier,  hits like a truck , offensive,  and plays on the PK. Not to mention , he is also a character guy.  Are you serious?

I just hope hes not a putin supporter and stays tf outta russia

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

You know what else would be cool though. To go for a Cup in Vancouver! for 4-5 years that is going to be a great contract if by then we are still toiling in mediocrity scorch earth. 

28 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

19 goals in 77 games for Garland,  21 goals in 53 games for Mikheyev last year, and Garland not even in the same stratosphere defensively. Garland isn't even as good offensively here. There is literally nothing Garland does to make himself a better player than Mikheyev.  

There isn't one single category Mikheyev isn't an upgrade in (over Garland). 

I don't think you watched Garland. He's tenacious both offensively and defensively, and had the best +/- on the team last season. He also led the team in penalties drawn with 33 while Mikheyev drew 10.  Btw, Garland also had 33 asists, 22 of them 1st assists, to Mikheyev's 11. People went on about his goal scoring drought but ignored he had 10 assists in those 12 games. I don't care if you score them or set them up. Playmakers help goal scorers score more often. His 22 1st assists tied him 62nd in the league while being 170th in ice time per game. There's 96 first line players in the league. Not bad for a guy that didn't even get PP1 time.

I get you like your hitting. So do I. But look at the bigger picture once in a while. The truth is Horvat isn't a physical beast (despite his size) and yet he threw more hits per 60 miuntes than Mikheyev. Some beast.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I don't think you watched Garland. He's tenacious both offensively and defensively, and had the best +/- on the team last season. He also led the team in penalties drawn with 33 while Mikheyev drew 10.  Btw, Garland also had 33 asists, 22 of them 1st assists, to Mikheyev's 11. People went on about his goal scoring drought but ignored he had 10 assists in those 12 games. I don't care if you score them or set them up. Playmakers help goal scorers score more often. His 22 1st assists tied him 62nd in the league while being 170th in ice time per game. There's 96 first line players in the league. Not bad for a guy that didn't even get PP1 time.

I get you like your hitting. So do I. But look at the bigger picture once in a while. The truth is Horvat isn't a physical beast (despite his size) and yet he threw more hits per 60 miuntes than Mikheyev. Some beast.

I'm really hoping we can keep both these guys personally.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

33 minutes ago, wildcam said:

How has Tampa done it for the past 3-4 seasons ? 
They didn’t trade those they highly valued..

The way this team is lining up today , I see the potential for players like Horvat and Boeser to seem like they’re getting paid too much..

The pressure is going to be on them to play aggressively or they,   Like I’m predicting Garland and Pearson, will be moved.

I really like Mikheyev’s mobility and prowess,. 
.. and we should only enjoy his best years yet in this contract.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hammertime said:

If you're going to quote stats at me like you've never watched Garland play except leave out this super obscure stat you maybe aren't familiar with it? "Points". Like Yep you sure do have opinions. Like I said we will see I hope you're right. Because I really like what Garland brings that isn't on the score sheet. I understand you have to give value to get value and we just got a guy for free so we could get value for another guy. 

Boudreau called Garland a 3rd liner.  He doesn't want him in the top 6.  So if you have a choice between Mikheyev or Garland on your 3rd line, then you take Mikheyev 10 times out of 10.

Garland needs to be traded for help on defence.  We can't afford to have 2 wingers on the 3rd line making almost $5 million each...

• Cheers 2