The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media didn’t ask any questions about defense.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

Are you kidding me. They said it wasn’t good enough and have done nothing. Media didn’t even ask him about it. I guess they have all summer but the D is not good. Our media seems to like to play it safe rather than ask the tough questions. He is talking like we are just keeping Miller. I don’t get how that is a great move. Right side D at least. I just didn’t like how Allvin said they were happy with the team after free agency.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to Media didn’t ask any questions about defense.
1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Here's something to keep in mind.

Letang

Cole

Daley

Dumoulin

Maata

Rhuwedle

Schultz

Letang

Cole

Daley

Dumoulin 

Lovejoy

Maata

Pouliot

Schultz

These are the pens d cores in their back to back cups.

Basically Letang and a bargain bin.

I don't agree this is the way to go, but there's a good chance management is looking at ours and thinking that they've done more with less.

Where is the Canucks Crosby, Malkin and Kessel (on 3 separate lines).

Also severely underrating Dumoulin, Daley, Cole and Schultz (at the time).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Here's something to keep in mind.

Letang

Cole

Daley

Dumoulin

Maata

Rhuwedle

Schultz

Letang

Cole

Daley

Dumoulin 

Lovejoy

Maata

Pouliot

Schultz

These are the pens d cores in their back to back cups.

Basically Letang and a bargain bin.

I don't agree this is the way to go, but there's a good chance management is looking at ours and thinking that they've done more with less.

I would just love one decent RHD. Give me a Marino, Schneider , whatever. It’s needed. Just one that is top four. Schenn should be nowhere close to top four minutes. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Kane said:

Schultz maybe. Those other guys nah. Letang made a lot of those guys look good.

Edited by 73 Percent

7 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

You do realize Letang didnt even PLAY during their 2nd cup run? Lol

Lol. Schultz man cool. Those other guys were carried. They weren't relevant before or after Pitts. There's a reason for that.

Even Schultz.

Before Aweful.

After Aweful.

Edited by 73 Percent

Nevermind, I guess the media did ask. They just missed the first part of the interview but just replayed it. He did mention they will addresss it through trades hopefully. I could see it once the dust settles. I feel much better hearing the whole interview. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Schultz maybe. Those other guys nah. Letang made a lot of those guys look good.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Daley and Cole were elite under the Penguins system. And no, both of them were not elevated by Kris Letang.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Patrick Kane!  Seriously?  There’s a punk. Great hockey player, but a serious punk ass.  Crosby is a generational player, and Malkin is close.  We’re they drafted near the top of their class?  Kane, even though a punk ass was drafted top of his class too.  

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Lol. Schultz man cool. Those other guys were carried. They weren't relevant before or after Pitts. There's a reason for that.

Even Schultz.

Before Aweful.

After Aweful.

EK was "aweful" (whatever that word means) under SJS. Probs carried by Methot w/ your logic right?orangeorangeorange

Just now, Zfetch said:

EK was "aweful" (whatever that word means) under SJS. Probs carried by Methot w/ your logic right?orangeorangeorange

Dude.  All I'm saying is management may not feel the need to rush out and get more defense considering what they won with before.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Are you kidding me. They said it wasn’t good enough and have done nothing. Media didn’t even ask him about it. I guess they have all summer but the D is not good. Our media seems to like to play it safe rather than ask the tough questions. He is talking like we are just keeping Miller. I don’t get how that is a great move. Right side D at least. I just didn’t like how Allvin said they were happy with the team after free agency.

It’s only the first day of FA mate, there will be probably be more FA signings and trades tomorrow league wide than there was today.  If the blue line looks the same in 2 weeks, sound the alarms. 

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Dude.  All I'm saying is management may not feel the need to rush out and get more defense considering what they won with before.

They had an elite core.

None of our wingers compare to Kesell. Podkolzin was an awful pick and Lekkerimaki is TBD but a bit shady. EP maybe is the only one close.

None of our centers are near that level either. Horvat is all we have for the long term.

Defensively I'll give u Hughes for Letang.

But we're still lacking a Crosby and Malkin who are eons above in talent compared to what we have.

• Haha 3

Just now, Zfetch said:

They had an elite core.

None of our wingers compare to Kesell. Podkolzin was an awful pick and Lekkerimaki is TBD but a bit shady. EP maybe is the only one close.

None of our centers are near that level either. Horvat is all we have for the long term.

Defensively I'll give u Hughes for Letang.

But we're still lacking a Crosby and Malkin who are eons above in talent compared to what we have.

Yeah no $&!# Sherlock. Why are you in about this point. When did I refute that?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

FA just began. Plenty of time to makes moves.

• Cheers 1