The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NYI/ VAN [PROPOSAL]

At the draft day I heard this was the possible trade: 

Van Receives: 

Beauvillier, Dobson, 13th OA pick

NYI Receives:

Miller, Myers

Personally I don't see NYI taking this deal, and we obtain Dobson a player who has the same offensive profile as Hughes with more hits and taller presence.

Beauvillier is slightly over payed and would have made Pearson expandable or we don't end up signing Mikheyav as a result.

Would you do the following trade as NYI has 12 M in space going into next year

Trade 1:

Van Receives

Walhstrom, Pulock and a 2nd rd pick (conditional 1st if Miller resigns)

Walhstrom gives us a bigger RW option in the absence of Miller

NYI receives:

Rathbone, Miller, Myers

Myers gives them a RD to replace Pulock, Rathbone who won't get the offensive time on this team and a cheap Miller allowing them to go after another player in his pay range to help them get into the playoffs.

---

Trade 2 :

Van Receives

Walhstrom, Dobson and a 2nd rd pick.

Dobson allows us a D tandem that has 

Hughes- Dobson

OEL- Schenn

as a top 4

NYI receives:

Rathbone, Hoglander Miller, Myers

----

• Haha 3

Dobson is a non-starter unless Hughes is part of the deal which is another non-starter.  From the Islanders I still think this could make sense:

Wahlstrom, Wilde and a 2nd for Miller

Wilde could be a similar situation to Hamonic, but that would be for JR/PA to figure out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Dobson is a non-starter unless Hughes is part of the deal which is another non-starter.  From the Islanders I still think this could make sense:

Wahlstrom, Wilde and a 2nd for Miller

Wilde could be a similar situation to Hamonic, but that would be for JR/PA to figure out.

Yeah any discussion that involves Canucks asking for Dobson for Miller isn't going anywhere.

This is like if Calgary offered Gaudreau last season to Vancouver for Quinn Hughes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Van Receives: 

NYI Receives:

Miller, Myers

Personally I don't see NYI taking this deal, and we obtain Dobson a player who has the same offensive profile as Hughes with more hits and taller presence.

Beauvillier is slightly over payed and would have made Pearson expandable or we don't end up signing Mikheyav as a result.

Trade 1:

Van Receives

NYI receives:

Rathbone, Miller, Myers

Myers gives them a RD to replace Pulock, Rathbone who won't get the offensive time on this team and a cheap Miller allowing them to go after another player in his pay range to help them get into the playoffs.

---

Trade 2 :

Van Receives

Hughes- Dobson

OEL- Schenn

as a top 4

NYI receives:

----

Islanders aren’t trading Dobson. They just traded away the 13th oa pick in order to shore up their defence.  They aren’t going to turn around and destroy their defence to get a forward.

Also, you can’t have a pick be conditional on a player re-signing.  That hasn’t been an option for almost 2 years now. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Van Receives: 

NYI Receives:

Miller, Myers

Trade 1:

Van Receives

NYI receives:

Rathbone, Miller, Myers

---

Trade 2 :

Van Receives

Hughes- Dobson

OEL- Schenn

as a top 4

NYI receives:

----

Your not serious? Dobson 23, 6'4 RD - 51 points this past season... NYI will not trade Dobson for Miller never never ...

Dobson is untouchable for NYI..NYI have to  sign him to a Hughes type contract 6 yrs X 7.7 million

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Your not serious? Dobson 23, 6'4 RD - 51 points this past season... NYI will not trade Dobson for Miller never never ...

Dobson is untouchable for NYI..NYI have to  sign him to a Hughes type contract 6 yrs X 7.7 million

Yup.  Lou just stole Romanov (in a seriously lopsided traded, where he embarrassed and embarrassing Habs’ team, much like Yzerman embassies the Habs stealing Sergachev) so he’s got his two young studs on D.  

Pulock has a NTC but that’s the guy would would be perfect for us.  

• Cheers 1

Beauvillier,Raty, Pulock for JT, Pearon, hoglander.

If a deal could get done with NYI Raty should be a part of it, although I don't think NYI would trade Pulock, though if it is Mayfield he would need an extension but what would he be worth. His agent will want to cash in after that cheap contract runs out next July. Bode Wilde was anti vaccine, so definitely do NOT see him as a fit for any Canuck trade. 

Wahlstrom could also be a player of interest, even just a Hoglander for Wahlstrom deal?