The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Michael DiPietro

On 7/16/2022 at 10:04 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Have to think living with one or more roommates is unfortunately the way to go if one wants to more than just scrape by in Vancouver.

That's the way we did it in Vancouver in the 70's and we were working at a union-scale (IWA) sawmill.

Made some friends, who were all renting apartments in the West End and got together and rented a house in East Van.

(Then it was, cash your cheque, pay your rent, put the rest in the wallet and party on!  Broke 'til next payday.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

That is extremely tough.

Do you have the ability to try a sideline? 

Like an ebiz or something?

Yeah I'm slowly improving and trying to re-invent myself but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. -_- I did get some (limited choice) approved funding for school so I'm taking a secondary education parts management course starting at the end of August. I missed out on web design as it was full unfortunately, but I am looking forward to school again. It's kind of a backwards situation but I'm limited to making $6100 gross per year by the government or I lose that limited funding I do have. :sadno:

I have done a couple of painting side jobs for a friend ($12 an hour lol) and I've made about $700 which has at least allowed me to have a little fun with friends this summer. Thanks for asking!

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I'm slowly improving and trying to re-invent myself but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. -_- I did get some (limited choice) approved funding for school so I'm taking a secondary education parts management course starting at the end of August. I missed out on web design as it was full unfortunately, but I am looking forward to school again. It's kind of a backwards situation but I'm limited to making $6100 gross per year by the government or I lose that limited funding I do have. :sadno:

I have done a couple of painting side jobs for a friend ($12 an hour lol) and I've made about $700 which has at least allowed me to have a little fun with friends this summer. Thanks for asking!

No problem Gawd.

I have owned a half dozen businesses and most of them have been run from sitting at a desk for the most part.

I have also been a business analyst and consultant for over 40 years (now retired and working as a CDC punching bag).

If you need a leg up, perhaps I can help; I'm not looking for any money here; just understand your predicament (perhaps).

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Agent Darren Ferris has permission from the Canucks to talk with teams about a trade for his client and goalie Michael DiPietro.

1 source said there is interest and a there is a deal that could make sense for the Canucks.

As of now, it does not sound like DiPietro will sign in Europe, the desire is still to be moved by the Canucks.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss3v49

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I would do that provided it’s not a really high pick. 

Dipietro is now 23, a 3rd round pick that has actually regressed and only played 76 games over the last three seasons. He is also short which doesn't scream potential in a days of large goalies. Does he have any value at all? Like even a 7th rounder? I have a hard time seeing a team give up anything for him. 

I guess from an optics standpoint it looks better to acquire a player like "Dipietro + 3rd round pick" looks better than a 3rd round pick by itself. 

Just now, canucklehead44 said:

Dipietro is now 23, a 3rd round pick that has actually regressed and only played 76 games over the last three seasons. He is also short which doesn't scream potential in a days of large goalies. Does he have any value at all? Like even a 7th rounder? I have a hard time seeing a team give up anything for him. 

I guess from an optics standpoint it looks better to acquire a player like "Dipietro + 3rd round pick" looks better than a 3rd round pick by itself. 

Ya Dipietro likely has little actual value tbh. He really probably only has value as an optics add in like you suggest. 

Unfortunately for us due to bungling his development. 

10 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

And Lundqvist is 22 and already refusing to attend training camp unless he’s traded.

Both have little value right now.