The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver- Montreal

Could the Canucks use the grit and heart of BC boy Brendan Gallagher? I know he is signed till he is 34 I believe at a 6.5m cap hit. Montreal also has David Savard a RHD that we might be able to use with Hughes? Traded for a 1st rounder to join Tampa and win a Cup, I thought he would get more $ when he signed for 3.5m. So that is 10m coming back to Vancouver we need to send that kind of salary back leading too...

Myers 6m

Pearson 3.25m?

Garland 4.95m ( Gallagher replacing him albeit older and higher cap hit I get it!) I would package Garland in a separate deal ideally for a young C or RHD if possible

Dickinson and his 2.65m

Could we get Montreal to retain on Gallagher if they are trying to shed bigger contracts to older players? 

I know it's not the best trade proposal and likely never happens but a line of Podkolzin Pettersson Gallagher would be interesting to see for me anyways!

Okay CDC time to flame away and tell all the reasons why we shouldn't do it!! 

Edited by Canuckster86
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Could the Canucks use the grit and heart of BC boy Brendan Gallagher? I know he is signed till he is 34 I believe at a 6.5m cap hit. Montreal also has David Savard a RHD that we might be able to use with Hughes? Traded for a 1st rounder to join Tampa and win a Cup, I thought he would get more $ when he signed for 3.5m. So that is 10m coming back to Vancouver we need to send that kind of salary back leading too...

Myers 6m

Pearson 3.25m?

Garland 4.95m ( Gallagher replacing him albeit older and higher cap hit I get it!) I would package Garland in a separate deal ideally for a young C or RHD if possible

Dickinson and his 2.65m

Could we get Montreal to retain on Gallagher if they are trying to shed bigger contracts to older players? 

I know it's not the best trade proposal and likely never happens but a line of Podkolzin Pettersson Gallagher would be interesting to see for me anyways!

Okay CDC time to flame away and tell all the reasons why we shouldn't do it!! 

I think Myers is value to several teams only 2 yrs X 6 million, plays 20--23 minutes #3 or #4 D man.

Myers, 6'6, 230lbs has value so we should not have to a draft pick or prospect to trade him..

Biggest thing is Canucks must replace Myers before trading him??

Garland has value should get good value for Garland should produce GP 75-- G 19--22 -- PTS 46--55

Pearson 29 - Solid 200 foot game-- 2 yrs X 3.2 million -- might have to retain 500,000

Dickinson 27 -  C/W -- 2 yrs X 2.6 million -- He should have a bounce back season - Might have to retain 500,000 if they decide to trade?

Please lets not add Gallagher 30 yrs old -- 5 yrs X 6.5 million ...Bad and contract.. NO NO Gallagher

Gallagher has worse contract then any of the Canuck players..Oh  30 yrs old 6.5 million..

Scary lets not trade for older players. Canucks will make cap space without taking on a older player with big contract X 5 years..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

We don't need Gallagher when we already have so many wingers, and we're in no position to trade RHD.

I know we have lots of wingers, but Gallagher would be a nice add of sandpaper. He goes to the net and gets in the middle of scrums. We are also getting a RHD back while trading one out.

We then could trade Pearson if he is not part of the Montreal deal for a pick to clear cap space to say sign a 1yr deal with PK Subban for cheap and he could play with OEL

6 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I think Myers is value to several teams only 2 yrs X 6 million, plays 20--23 minutes #3 or #4 D man.

Myers, 6'6, 230lbs has value so we should not have to a draft pick or prospect to trade him..

Biggest thing is Canucks must replace Myers before trading him??

Garland has value should get good value for Garland should produce GP 75-- G 19--22 -- PTS 46--55

Pearson 29 - Solid 200 foot game-- 2 yrs X 3.2 million -- might have to retain 500,000

Dickinson 27 -  C/W -- 2 yrs X 2.6 million -- He should have a bounce back season - Might have to retain 500,000 if they decide to trade?

Please lets not add Gallagher 30 yrs old -- 5 yrs X 6.5 million ...Bad and contract.. NO NO Gallagher

Gallagher has worse contract then any of the Canuck players..Oh  30 yrs old 6.5 million..

Scary lets not trade for older players. Canucks will make cap space without taking on a older player with big contract X 5 years..

I think we are trying to clear cap, so wouldn’t be interested in Gallagher or any of the Habs cap dumps, of which they have several.  Dvorak, Anderson, Hoffman et al. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive feedback CDC it is just a proposal but you $&!# all over it like usual.... Thought hockey  forums were suppose to be a fun place to discuss trades, the team and its players etc without constant negativity...I'm not the &^@#ing GM so think its a bit much to $&!# on other forum members proposals...

Cheers and have yourselves a wonderful day

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

I know we have lots of wingers, but Gallagher would be a nice add of sandpaper. He goes to the net and gets in the middle of scrums. We are also getting a RHD back while trading one out.

We then could trade Pearson if he is not part of the Montreal deal for a pick to clear cap space to say sign a 1yr deal with PK Subban for cheap and he could play with OEL

We aren’t in a position to take on cap dumps.  

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We aren’t in a position to take on cap dumps.  

If you have to unload salary example 2.6 million for Dickinson and retain 500,000 - Gain 2.1 million??

Pearson 3.2 million - retain 500,000 ............Gain 2.7 millón..- Not a bad thing????

Adding a prospect or draft pick to unload salary is worse especially with only 2 yrs remaining..

Dickinson for example should have a bounce back season..Dickinson 27, 6'2, had injuries and should be much better this season..