The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

12 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

And if both Hub/Weegar walk and the first is between #28-32?

Well then it's a terrible trade. But the point of my reply was the condition on a first doesn't matter in big picture of this trade. The trade hinges far more on the other parts of the trade, not a condition on the cherry in top. I also specifically said if Hub resigns.

Edited by Shayster007

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And they got exposed in the playoffs because the line was made up with gutless cowards who weren't willing to do what was needed to win.

I hate Gaudreau and Tkachuk as well, and think they are cry babies and gutless too.. but they weren't the reason the Flames $&!# the bed against the Oilers.. that one mostly lands on Markstrom. He couldn't beat the Oilers while here, and still can't. They own him.

8 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Unless they sign somebody like Kadri, am I the only one that sees the Flames' forward line as being quite a bit weaker than last year's? They will miss Gaudreau's creativity and Tkachuk's pest skills. I loved Huberdeau in the regular season, but he was terrible in the playoffs. 

No, I think their forward line-up is significantly weaker. Huberdeau is great, but Sasha Barkov was the main driver on Panthers.

The flames just lost their two drivers, and they won't be replicating last season if this is the forward group they go into the season with. Though lots of time left in the offseason, and they have some good D they could trade to bolster their forwards.

Edited by greenbean30
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Unfortunately the fLames now have the deepest defence in the league.  Top 2-3 defence in the league overall... And great goaltending.  

Yea I think their d is great....I'm so sorry. I'll slam a 26 to wash out my mouth 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

That’s why I don’t understand people claiming this is some huge haul for the Flames. All it might do is delay a rebuild by one season.

What makes everyone think Huberdeau will be happy in Calgary?

Also this move simply replaces Gaudreaus production. They’re still down a 100 point player.

They added Weegar. A legit top 2 defenseman. Probably deepest RD in the league now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

I hate Gaudreau and Tkachuk as well, and think they are cry babies and gutless too.. but they weren't the reason the Flames $&!# the bed against the Oilers.. that one mostly lands on Markstrom. He couldn't beat the Oilers while here, and still can't. They own him.

It might have helped if they had played like real men as well though.  While Markstrom wasn't good, neither was the AHL trash in the Oilers end.  At the end of the day, their character issues shone through yet again.  Replacing both with guys who aren't a complete disgrace to the sport can only improve the locker room; you don't want scumbags like those two pieces of **** on your roster for any reason.

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

For Matthew Tkachuk, 20 games of Claude Giroux and Ben Chiarot, the Florida Panthers traded:

- Jonathan Huberdeau
- MacKenzie Weegar
- Former Top 10 pick (Owen Tippett)
- 1st round pick (23)
- 1st round pick (24)
- 1st round pick (25)
- 3rd round pick (24)
- 2 Prospects

Chance you take when contending.