The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

I think Simashev is going to Washington or Detroit calling it now. He will be off the board at our pick.

Simashev-Seider 

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

a fun draft world would be:

These top 10 going before us:

Bedard

Fantilli

Carlsson

Michkov

Smith

Dvorsky

Reinbacher

Simashev

Leonard

Danielson

-

Leaving us a choice of:

Willander

Wood

Moore

Benson

ASP

Barlow

Sale

Yager

Stenberg

And I think we will be taking Willander if he’s on the board.

Top 10 scenarios I see right now unfolding pre combine interview info:

1. CHI - Bedard

2. ANA - Fantilli

3. CBJ - Carlsson 

4. SJS - Michkov / Smith

5. MTL - Smith / Dvorsky

6. ARI - Reinbacher

7. PHI - Leonard

8. WAS - Simashev / Michkov

9. DET - Dvorsky / Simashev

10. STL - Danielson

11. VAN - Willander

12. ARI - Moore

Just now, hammertime said:

Huh think you mush have quoted the wrong post. 

Ya lol I said something just before cause they be big boyssss

• Haha 1

If 1 of the top 10 players drops to #11. The Canucks phone rings, Nashville is calling. They offer the Canucks there #15 and #24 for the Canucks #11.

who, on here says YES?

and

who on here, drools over the player that dropped, says NO! and makes the pick?

For me, it would definitely depend on which player fell. But I do have to say, that dropping a few spots, and getting a second 1st rounder would be very very tempting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John McClane said:

If 1 of the top 10 players drops to #11. The Canucks phone rings, Nashville is calling. They offer the Canucks there #15 and #24 for the Canucks #11.

who, on here says YES?

and

For me, it would definitely depend on which player fell. But I do have to say, that dropping a few spots, and getting a second 1st rounder would be very very tempting. 

This

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Is the draft coverage light or is it just me?

nice to see the offical weights. Was funny cause some had benson shorter than bedard but everytime they were next to eachother they looked exactly the same height… confirmed they are.

nice to see Woods official height 6 4.

hrabel is a monster..

Also I though minnetian had a bigger frame..

and Danielson Has grown a little

Edited by R3aL

5 minutes ago, John McClane said:

who, on here says YES?

and

I think if Nashville made this offer Allvin would say”, Yippee Ki Yay mother ******” 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, John McClane said:

who, on here says YES?

and

The problem is everyone’s top 10 is different. It’s not as black and white as you make it out. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Camel Toe Drag said:

The problem is everyone’s top 10 is different. It’s not as black and white as you make it out. 

There’s absolutely no way they’d give us 15 and 24 for 11 though. Just in asset value it doesn’t add up. 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

There’s absolutely no way they’d give us 15 and 24 for 11 though. Just in asset value it doesn’t add up. 

I'm not sure that's necessarily true. If you really like a guy who's sitting at 11 and aren't stoked on what's going to be left for you I think the value could be there. I guess you could tweak it a bit and ask for another pick going back from Vancouver. 

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Did you mean to quote the benson one seriously or the bedard one jokingly? Since Reinbacher and Simashev are big boys

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Huh think you must have quoted the wrong post. 

I quoted the wrong post  hahah:picard:

Was talking about Zac Benson

• Cheers 2

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Willander is a 2nd rounder or a late 1st at best. Why would Allvin take him at #11?

I would be shocked:

Could contain: Accessories, Glasses, Head, Person, Face, Surprised, Photography, Portrait, Neck, People

Just gives me some Juolevi vibes.

If Reinbacher and ASP are gone, I hope they take a C.

If any player has the lack of character that makes him a soft quitter like Juiolevi then we for certain don’t want him. 

26 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Agreed, I just don't see the value between four draft spots being enough to garner a later first 

Nashville will get a very good player at 15 and be able to swing for the fences with perhaps a more boom or bust prospect at 24

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If any player has the lack of character that makes him a soft quitter like Juiolevi then we for certain don’t want him. 

Not sure how good/solid Willander would be in a few years, but he's ranked as a 2nd rounder by most. He did have a good U18 tournament (like Juolevi did way back). 

Taking Willander over Barlow, for example, could one day be like taking Juolevi over Tkachuk. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating...:ph34r:

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I'm not sure that's necessarily true. If you really like a guy who's sitting at 11 and aren't stoked on what's going to be left for you I think the value could be there. I guess you could tweak it a bit and ask for another pick going back from Vancouver. 

Has a team ever done a trade up like that two firsts to move up 4 spots outside the top 10?