The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I think we have enough defense coming up.

We have literally no D prospects who are 'guaranteed' NHL'ers let alone 'impact players'.  From all accounts Simashev would arguably be our best D prospect if not the best prospect in the entire organization the moment he was drafted were that to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

We have literally no D prospects who are 'guaranteed' NHL'ers let alone 'impact players'.  From all accounts Simashev would arguably be our best D prospect if not the best prospect in the entire organization the moment he was drafted were that to happen. 

That damn Mike Gillis leaving Alvin/JR with an empty farm.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

He aint no Hughes, Fanuck. I think Tryamkin coming back on a PTO is a better bet than Shimashev and he would be NHL ready.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Woo, Wolanin would be already NHL if we had roster space, which we now have.

24 minutes ago, Nave said:

I don't think it's very likely Simashev will be gone by our pick, because of the Russian factor... But this last minute hype is making me nervous, and if he's there at 11 we should maybe just take him and forego a trade down.

WSH isnt scared by taking RUS players, and after hearing Simashev interview on D&D, it’s all but certain he is coming to the NHL/has a great attitude

• Cheers 1

I had Benson as one of my boom/bust picks, but I think Moore is in that same category.  

People poo poo on his IQ but Im not worried about it-that’s what good development/coaching/systems are for. 

And with his elite skating ability, he can be F1, and heck maybe even beat F3 on the back check.  

I like Danielson too, but I lean towards Moore a bit.

4 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

WSH isnt scared by taking RUS players, and after hearing Simashev interview on D&D, it’s all but certain he is coming to the NHL/has a great attitude

Well I'm praying that doesn't happen.

"We have a trade to announce. Vancouver trades Quinn Hughes, the 11th overall pick to Chicago in exchange for the 1st overall pick in 2023, Seth Jones, and Chicagos four second round picks in 2023. Vancouver you are on the clock...." 

Vancouver Riots. 

One thing I've heard that I don't hear talked about much maybe because nobody goes to Russia and that's Shimashev played a lot on the right side this year.  I heard that once on Sportsnet but haven't heard it since. 

Edited by Pure961089

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

somebody told you Shimashev is a blue chip??? who, some scout stuck in Russia?

No of course. One of the top defenseman in what’s widely considered a deep draft would never ever be considered a blue chip prospect. Especially in comparison to a 28 year old or a 2nd round pick that’s struggled to pan out. 

I must be the delusional one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3