The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

1 hour ago, tas said:

tempting to buy tickets in calgary for game 2. $46 a seat isn't too bad for playoff hockey. 

I paid $85 for the Abby ticket for game 3. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Saddledome? If so I wonder if they sell it out? I was there to watch a pro lacrosse game and there was 12,000 there. Been to lots of Flamer/Canuck games and it was always sold out. Great atmosphere. 

yep, at the dome. the previous abby game I went to in calgary was very empty, just a month or 2 ago. $30 for front row, resting my feet on the boards at the blueline. looking at tickets now, there's not much left at all. I'm guessing since the flames shit the bed it drove up demand for wranglers tickets. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

AHL playoffs brackets (updated):

Could contain:

I get that AHL teams don't have a lot of money and so it imposes some travel restrictions, however this playoff format is complete BS.  

9 teams get to skip playing the first round of the playoffs.  Some of those teams finished 3rd in their division (well below Abby in terms of points percentage).  

There is no mixing up of teams for the playoffs, so we're going to see the same team that we already played 12 times this year.  It would've been way more fun to match up against a team in one of the other divisions.  

12 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I get that AHL teams don't have a lot of money and so it imposes some travel restrictions, however this playoff format is complete BS.  

9 teams get to skip playing the first round of the playoffs.  Some of those teams finished 3rd in their division (well below Abby in terms of points percentage).  

There is no mixing up of teams for the playoffs, so we're going to see the same team that we already played 12 times this year.  It would've been way more fun to match up against a team in one of the other divisions.  

It took me a long while to figure out wth was going on with that bracket and I still don't fully understand.  

Anyone know where to watch the game online tonight?

4 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I just found out too that the Wranglers had the choice on the 2-3 format. Either they start at home for 2 games, or get the last 3 games at home. They picked to have the first 2 games at home. I didn't realize that's how it was done.

They obviously think they can take us out early. They may be the better team, but with all our vets back we have a good team to go up against them. I think we can get a W in Calgary and sneak back home with the series tied 1-1. They may be a bit slow the first game with the bye week, so i'm looking for Abby to come out firing on all cylinders tonight. Take them by surprise.

I hope so, Abby just need to keep it 5v5. Calgary had the top ranked PP and a top 10 PK while the Abby's were in the 20's. Don't want to get into a special teams battle with them

I bought the AHL tv playoff package, it was $30 USD which came out to $42ish CAD. The interface is surprisingly friendly. The audio is the radio feed and the video is the jumbotron feed so it's kinda funny (annoying) to see a player's picture after a goal is scored... During play lmao. But all that aside I watched the first two Abby games and it was good enough value. You get all the other playoff games too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1