The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation/Weekes] 4+ Islanders Moves Could be in the Works

AngryElf

We've already heard that a Bailey trade could be coming, and a Kadri signing could be coming, but I'm curious what else they could have up their sleeves? Could we pry Mayfield or Pulock in a Miller deal? Surely not Dobson... right? 

Islanders have over $11 Million in cap space with Bellows, Dobson and Romanov being RFA's right now, and Barzal (RFA) / Wahlstrom (RFA) / Mayfield (UFA) / Varlamov (UFA) / Parise (UFA) all coming off the books next year.

Something has to happen in these dog days of Summer before I eat my furniture out of boredom... or a cat if you're Alf :)

Edited by AngryElf
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Like I've been saying, Kadri signing and the associated cap moves have probably been done and pending for a while

Lou Lam being Lou Lam

Could be true, every Isle's move was announced on September 1st last year. 

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Like I've been saying, Kadri signing and the associated cap moves have probably been done and pending for a while

Lou Lam being Lou Lam

I think you're bang on correct with this, coconut.

Its going to be a very tough division, maybe the toughest to get a top 3 spot in with Naseum heading to NYI. We might be looking at 5 teams in the metro capable of breaking 100 pts, maybe even 6 capable of high 90's. 

I actually think the one thing thats come up is the Patches injury in Carolina that might make a Miller trade possible, along with Kadri to NYI.

I don't want it, but maybe this?

Miller 2.25 mil retained, for

Necas, Morrow and a 2nd. Pick is to compensate for retention to make the deal cap neutral. 

Keeps Carolina more competitive while Patches recovers. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If the Canucks are getting anything from the Isles it will be Romanov.  Another LHD, smaller and less aggressive than we need.  Possibly Bellows included.  We're not getting Barzal and we're sure as hell not getting Dobson without Lou having a stroke of some sort

Odds are it is their two non Dobson RFA's a bigger contract on a roster player like Poolock and a 2nd or 3rd.

That is IF and ONLY IF we see Miller going to the Island

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If the Canucks are getting anything from the Isles it will be Romanov.  Another LHD, smaller and less aggressive than we need.  Possibly Bellows included.  We're not getting Barzal and we're sure as hell not getting Dobson without Lou having a stroke of some sort

Odds are it is their two non Dobson RFA's a bigger contract on a roster player like Poolock and a 2nd or 3rd.

That is IF and ONLY IF we see Miller going to the Island

You’re such a downer… we’re obviously moving Miller and Myers for Barzal and Dobson! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Its going to be a very tough division, maybe the toughest to get a top 3 spot in with Naseum heading to NYI. We might be looking at 5 teams in the metro capable of breaking 100 pts, maybe even 6 capable of high 90's. 

I actually think the one thing thats come up is the Patches injury in Carolina that might make a Miller trade possible, along with Kadri to NYI.

Necas, Morrow and a 2nd. Pick is to compensate for retention to make the deal cap neutral. 

All it'd take is other GM's playing ball and not allowing a leak. Realistically four moves would just be Kadri and their RFA's, so likely only one other team being involved. All it'd take is a deal set in place in principle, teams can afford to be patient if they're the ones taking dumped cap as opposed to chasing players. 

But yeah, it's a tough division. Could see a Carolina move, it'd be an interesting return albeit not a slam dunk return. But hey, I don't expect a slam dunk return at this point. Just a fair one. 

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

People really should take a look at necas before wanting him. Poor defensively and a pure perimeter player. Solid play maker but none of this screams the type of player we need. Turning play drivers into more passengers isn't the play to make imo

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

All it'd take is other GM's playing ball and not allowing a leak. Realistically four moves would just be Kadri and their RFA's, so likely only one other team being involved. All it'd take is a deal set in place in principle, teams can afford to be patient if they're the ones taking dumped cap as opposed to chasing players. 

But yeah, it's a tough division. Could see a Carolina move, it'd be an interesting return albeit not a slam dunk return. But hey, I don't expect a slam dunk return at this point. Just a fair one. 

Just seems like the new pain point with Carolina might shake something loose. Losing Trocheck is a big veteran loss too. Miller now makes a lot of sense for them imo, given that they really didn't make up for the loss of C depth and now Patches going down they lose that veteran presence and his offence.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1