The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keep 2 centers - Poll

Which 2 centers would you keep, if you had to make the decision?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, I am just wondering what CDC thinks we would do "IF" we could only keep 2 out of Horvat, Miller and Pettersson

I look forward to your answers

Hey, don't worry about who replaces them, or who is the 4th line center...............strictly pick between these 3 choices

Don't worry about Cap

Thanks!

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

9 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I picked Miller and EP.  That is not a reflection of Horvat, but I feel the best way to manage our assets.

EP is obvious based on age and upside.

Miller is only 2 years older than Horvat, and I feel is a far better player right now.  Horvat does probably have similar(ish) trade value though, based on the two year age difference, his leadership, and faceoffs.  I keep Miller because that was we get a better player, and a similar trade return. 

To me the better answer is to keep all 3, using EP as a bit of a hybrid w/c, and trade Garland.

Totally agree.  If there can be only one (between Bo and Miller) then we should definitely keep Miller.  

Miller at 8.5 or Bo at 7?  It’s Miller Time!

Seemed like an easy choice - Horvat and Pettersson, but Pettersson would bring back a big haul in a trade, or a #1RD

Miller and Horvat down the middle - gritty tough, perfect for playoffs, and both real good at faceoffs and scoring. The Canucks would be in win-now mode, so they'd have to shore up their D, with the return. 

geez, it would suck to lose Petey, though

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Seemed like an easy choice - Horvat and Pettersson, but Pettersson would bring back a big haul in a trade, or a #1RD

Miller and Horvat down the middle - gritty tough, perfect for playoffs, and both real good at faceoffs and scoring. The Canucks would be in win-now mode, so they'd have to shore up their D, with the return. 

geez, it would suck to lose Petey, though

In 4 years, Demko will be demanding 8 to 10 million dollars a season, depending on his and the teams play.................but being 1 of the top goalies (top 5) in the whole NHL at this time, kind of makes that a real possibility, so if that happens where are we, cap wise?

Personally, I find Miller and Horvat as inter-changeable in regards to who is more important, and so, who do you keep?  

But as to your comment of trading Pettersson..................what does he return, and does that return make us better as a whole for the next 4 /5 years?

Who fits better? Short and long term................

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

In 4 years, Demko will be demanding 8 to 10 million dollars a season, depending on his and the teams play.................but being 1 of the top goalies (top 5) in the whole NHL at this time, kind of makes that a real possibility, so if that happens where are we, cap wise?

Personally, I find Miller and Horvat as inter-changeable in regards to who is more important, and so, who do you keep?  

But as to your comment of trading Pettersson..................what does he return, and does that return make us better as a whole for the next 4 /5 years?

Could Pettersson hit 100?  I think he could, with added strength, improved skating.

I don't think JR/PA even consider trading Petey, I was just thinking of a different scenario other than trading Miller. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

The cap is based on league wide revenues.  What is inflation 8% to 13% depending on the province or state?

The salary cap is going to go WAAAYYY up in about 3 years once this recapture period from covid is over and the league deals with what inflation has done to all revenue streams.

Petey - Horvat as a 1-2 would be quite strong.  Pete could become elite with health and gains from the offseason to fight through checks, and Horvat with the proper wingers (probably some mix of Mikheyev/ Pearson/ Garland) would be a good two-way line with speed that can shut down opponents.  If Petey and Podkolzin both take steps forward, it'd help make moving Miller more palatable IMO.

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Just for the record, I do not advocate trading Pettersson either. Just a point of discussion.

IMO, we are probably 1 or 2 in the league at center..............got to be close!

its a very hard choice, all 3 bring such different skills. 

So lets keep them. I know, not "classic" but who cares. Run 3 lines with each of them and let McBaby cry when we come to town. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1