The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Islanders re-sign Alexander Romanov

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lou Lam is just the best.  Steals Romanov from the Habs, and the signs the stolen piece to a super, team friendly contract.  

Leafs are such LOSERS for letting Lou Lam go in favour of Dumbass. 

The Habs didn’t learn from their previous mistakes.

This is Sergachev for Drouin all over again. Except this time they traded for 3rd overall underachiever Dach.

Habs should have been building around young D like Romanov and Sergachev not trading them away.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Habs didn’t learn from their previous mistakes.

This is Sergachev for Drouin all over again. Except this time they traded for 3rd overall underachiever Dach.

Habs should have been building around young D like Romanov and Sergachev not trading them away.

Yup.  Habs chose two bustaroos over a proven top pair D (Romanov) and a future elite 2C (Wright).  

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Lou Lam is just the best.  Steals Romanov from the Habs, and the signs the stolen piece to a super, team friendly contract.  

Leafs are such LOSERS for letting Lou Lam go in favour of Dumbass. 

re-signing young free agents isnt something to boast about, but those contracts are good, not really sure romanov has done much to be getting more anyways. i like MTL but yeah, first round exit again for the leafs most likely, unless murray some how gets back to his good days.

5 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

re-signing young free agents isnt something to boast about, but those contracts are good, not really sure romanov has done much to be getting more anyways. i like MTL but yeah, first round exit again for the leafs most likely, unless murray some how gets back to his good days.

? Romanov is going to play top 4 minutes for Islanders may be even 1st pairing. At 2.5mil that's a steal. Do you even know what you are talking about before posting lol. 

7 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

? Romanov is going to play top 4 minutes for Islanders may be even 1st pairing. At 2.5mil that's a steal. Do you even know what you are talking about before posting lol. 

i watch and cheer for the habs after the nucks, but with the covid stuff and price and weber not being around i havent bean following as close, but i guess we'll see what happens there, still a good contract, dunno why you end your post like that, some how superior or something? just from watching him, i havent seen anything special.

Just another example for the poor draft decisions made by the former Canucks management around Jim Benning and John Weisbrod.

image.png.e927e30a8f0b53e92253f2ab4702de11.png

Jett Woo still playing in the minors while Romanov has already more than 100 NHL games under his belt and there are still Canucks fans that hold the view that Jim Benning drafted well. HaHa Ha. Laugh my ass off.

38 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Just another example for the poor draft decisions made by the former Canucks management around Jim Benning and John Weisbrod.

Jett Woo still playing in the minors while Romanov has already more than 100 NHL games under his belt and there are still Canucks fans that hold the view that Jim Benning drafted well. HaHa Ha. Laugh my ass off.

The draft is a crap shoot and hindsight is 20/20. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I mean if you really wanna criticize him by not taking a player, Pastrnak was taken one spot after McCaan.

But lots of GMs and scouts pass on good players all the time. You can’t expect Benning to be any different.

• Vintage 1