The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Virtanen to Oilers (PTO/1 year)

The only thing that concerns me, is if Jake does something stupid and headhunts one of our players when the Canucks play the Oilers. Like that McDavid hit a few years ago, but maybe on Petey. A sort of getting back at VAN for giving up on him, or something like that. Jake doesn't appear to be the brightest or a guy who makes good decisions. 

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Knowing Canucks luck.

Jake will come into camp totally ripped.

And will turn into a complete forward.

Unfortunately I can see this easily happening.  He has nothing to lose now and will be playing with the league's two best players.  If he can get 36 points playing 3rd line minutes with Vancouver he could hit 50-60 points playing with McD and Drai...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

of course its edmonton.

keith, kane, and now virtanen. 

jv was the biggest d bag on and off the ice. i have friends who knew him that could vouch for that. 

I cheered for him to grow up for years with hopes he'd put it all together.  Now I just want to be able to cheer for a huge hit on him from Schenn.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I cheered for him to grow up for years with hopes he'd put it all together.  Now I just want to be able to cheer for a huge hit on him from Schenn.  

Myers tried to mentor Jake.

Obi-Wan and Annakin.

We all know how that ends up.

Schenn or Joshua is the best option if attempting to keep the chaos giraffe alive. 

3 hours ago, RWJC said:

He could hit 40pts if he plays in their top 6 for a decent amount of his TOI

You could probably reach that total on their top six. They have enough other warm bodies to fill out the top 6. The two gods, RNH, Hyman, PoolParty, E Kane, Holloway (maybe). Don’t see a spot for Tuna there. 
Maybe they’ll expect him to replace Kassian’s grit. Lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Unfortunately I can see this easily happening.  He has nothing to lose now and will be playing with the league's two best players.  If he can get 36 points playing 3rd line minutes with Vancouver he could hit 50-60 points playing with McD and Drai...

He couldn't put it together on a team with solid veteran leadership.  Now he's going to a team without a single respectable player and a locker room cancer wearing the C?  Who's going to teach him how to act like a professional?

22 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

You could probably reach that total on their top six. They have enough other warm bodies to fill out the top 6. The two gods, RNH, Hyman, PoolParty, E Kane, Holloway (maybe). Don’t see a spot for Tuna there. 
Maybe they’ll expect him to replace Kassian’s grit. Lol.

Perhaps, and I’m a defensive Dman or G when I play, haha. 
If Poolparty can hit 36pts with that club JV could likely do so as well.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The only thing that concerns me, is if Jake does something stupid and headhunts one of our players when the Canucks play the Oilers. Like that McDavid hit a few years ago, but maybe on Petey. A sort of getting back at VAN for giving up on him, or something like that. Jake doesn't appear to be the brightest or a guy who makes good decisions. 

I still don't understand how people have this image of Jake. He never did any sort of that when he was playing for us. If you are talking about that McDavid hit at young prospects camp, it was quite clean.

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure the AV's have a pretty clean reputation. Maybe Kadri isn't so squeaky clean. I don't think it's you can't win without scumbags. Are you saying the end justifies the means? Because I wouldn't want what happened in Chicago to happen here, even if it did mean winning a couple of cups. At least one player's life was destroyed by a scumbag coach.

I am not saying 'The end justifies the means"

What I am saying is that a "Class Organization" does not sweep things under the rug

and a "Character Organization" steps up and steps in when their players need it.

NJ went to the wall with Ken Danyko and he later won cups with them, he was /is an alcoholic

Brian Burke was not all class all the time, but I admired the way he stood with Bertuzzi

I never felt the Canucks did enough for Rick Rypien or Zack Kassian

As mentioned, the "Back injury" was a phoney cover up