The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Johansson | D

Googlie

7 hours ago, cripplereh said:

We need him to come next year with the expectation or chance staying in the NHL if not free plane ride home and contract terminated.

AHL homie 

Nothing wrong with a year in the AHL. 

11 hours ago, cripplereh said:

We need him to come next year with the expectation or chance staying in the NHL if not free plane ride home and contract terminated.

I agree.  He will be 23YO at camp, and is played excellent in a large role in the SHL.  I fully expect he makes the team out of camp.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ok gotta ask.  Former 1st round pick number 24.  22 years old.  Playing in the SHL getting half a point per game as a RD. 6 foot 1. Allvin signed him in June to a two way deal only 70k in the minors.  An RFA when it ends. Waivers exempt until 2025-2026.

What gives?

Management says he is going to be over here next year.  How did Minny simply walk away from this guy allowing us to simply sign him for free? Does anyone know why they did that? 

He's like a cherry second hand Ford Mustang listed for 10k under market value. Lol. WTF? What is wrong with him? Or did we absolutely fluke off a great prospect for free?

Anybody have any real info?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Ok gotta ask.  Former 1st round pick number 24.  22 years old.  Playing in the SHL getting half a point per game as a RD. 6 foot 1. Allvin signed him in June to a two way deal only 70k in the minors.  An RFA when it ends. Waivers exempt until 2025-2026.

What gives?

Management says he is going to be over here next year.  How did Minny simply walk away from this guy allowing us to simply sign him for free? Does anyone know why they did that? 

He's like a cherry second hand Ford Mustang listed for 10k under market value. Lol. WTF? What is wrong with him? Or did we absolutely fluke off a great prospect for free?

Anybody have any real info?

The only factor that nobody can account for, or knows...  is did Filip refuse to sign with Minny?  

Otherwise the most obvious explanation, the Occam's Razor is that Minny didn't think he was worth more then a 2nd round pick in 2022 draft.  That player turned out to be Rieger Lorenz who's off to a 3 points in 11 NCAA games start (left winger). 

Filip has had a really strong 2022-23 so far and he looks ready for the jump next year.  

• 2 weeks later...

If and I repeat IF, we're to believe anything that comes out of management mouth this is the player Vcr to make the jump next season. Looking for indepedant reports is difficult. I'm not sure of his ELC, he's listed as next season being his last year of ELC. So they have one season to determine his value. Abby of Vcr

On 9/4/2022 at 9:06 AM, Googlie said:

Some thoughts and analysis on all 36 of the players at Vancouver Canucks development camp

JULY 16, 2022, 7:00 AM | FABER

With Vancouver Canucks development camp in the books, we decided to give some quick thoughts on each and every player that participated.

We’ve seen a lot of questions in the comments section so here goes a dump of thoughts on each of the 36 prospects that attended Canucks development camp.

Defencemen

Filip Johansson

Not a lot stuck out about Filip Johansson. There were probably a couple of days where I forgot he was even there to be honest

Seems like this guy is a defensive player, so wouldn’t stand out in a camp.  Put him with a dynamic offensive partner though, and he’s going to show his true value.  

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seems like this guy is a defensive player, so wouldn’t stand out in a camp.  Put him with a dynamic offensive partner though, and he’s going to show his true value.  

To be honest I'm not that enamoured with Faber. He seems to go overboard on his own list of favourites and barely a word about those that don't fit his criteria, but that's just me

27 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

To be honest I'm not that enamoured with Faber. He seems to go overboard on his own list of favourites and barely a word about those that don't fit his criteria, but that's just me

Sounds like Faber looks for flash and dash in players.  Not meat and potatoes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Johansson was +3 and 2 shots in 26:04 of ice time in a 5-2 win today. Most ice time of any player in the game.

Not sure why, but for some reason Frölunda only dressed 5 defencemen for this game.

They wanted to simulate Schenn beating up someone and getting kicked out of the game. 

I think Filip will be ready.