The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Johansson | D

Googlie

10 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I'll tempur my cheer leading on Bear. I didn't see him make any difference, but he might. I liked him when he was in Edmonton. The D as a whole in that game were putrid. OEL slow to the puck and bad reads. Still is a libility, I can't understand why Stillman has bumped Rathbone. Is Aman better than Lammiko, 50-50 at best. Bains and Johansson are stil years away if indeed they do come through. I've never seen them play so have no knowledge to judge tham by, As to Lekkerimaki he's not showing well and we only have media opinions. I'll certainly be better imformed come the WJC. I have hopes for Jurmo from all reports he's still improving so there's hope, The best summer signing may turn out to be Martin

Cheerleading?  Huh?

We got an NHL defenseman for a 5th, that is fact, not cheerleading.  Is he going to turn things around on his own, no, and nobody is expecting that.  Odds say that he has already played more games in the NHL than the pick we gave up will.  That is a win.

Martin signed last year, not in the summer.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Cheerleading?  Huh?

We got an NHL defenseman for a 5th, that is fact, not cheerleading.  Is he going to turn things around on his own, no, and nobody is expecting that.  Odds say that he has already played more games in the NHL than the pick we gave up will.  That is a win.

Martin signed last year, not in the summer.

First off Martin signed a NHL contract Apr 8, 2022 . Every one is entitled to their opinion. I was at the game against NJ too often Bear was  pushed around and made bad reads. I prefer to view players not by what I read but what my own eyes tell me. Bear hasn't played for some time, but as he was a healthy scratch this entire season, replaced by Chatfield,  and the last play-offs. Brind'Amour is no ones fool. BUt there's hope with a few games under his belt he might look better, today I'd say Burroughs is playing  a better game, ditto  Stillman, he's a liability. Right now things are close to desperation we need to win, we're not or shuldn't be in the development of players at the NHL level. Just to compound it OEL is on the decline, his foor speed in regressing. Watch this, if there's a loose puck who get's there first, it wasn't OEL he was mainly second man to the puck, not good. Kerrermakki I'l wait if there some one thta is supposedky doing well it's Peddersson Mk2

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

First off Martin signed a NHL contract Apr 8, 2022 . Every one is entitled to their opinion. I was at the game against NJ too often Bear was  pushed around and made bad reads. I prefer to view players not by what I read but what my own eyes tell me. Bear hasn't played for some time, but as he was a healthy scratch this entire season, replaced by Chatfield,  and the last play-offs. Brind'Amour is no ones fool. BUt there's hope with a few games under his belt he might look better, today I'd say Burroughs is playing  a better game, ditto  Stillman, he's a liability. Right now things are close to desperation we need to win, we're not or shuldn't be in the development of players at the NHL level. Just to compound it OEL is on the decline, his foor speed in regressing. Watch this, if there's a loose puck who get's there first, it wasn't OEL he was mainly second man to the puck, not good. Kerrermakki I'l wait if there some one thta is supposedky doing well it's Peddersson Mk2

Martin played 6 games for us last  year, he was not a new signing.

Bear was fine, first game in a long time, certainly didn't look out if place.  Time will tell.

NO comment on the rest, as I didn't comment on them to begin with.  You are flat wrong about Johansson though, he has been excellent in the SHL, and will almost assuredly be on our roster out of camp next year.

• Vintage 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:07 PM, Fred65 said:

Bear was not replaced by Chatfield. He was pushed out of the line up, because of Burns and Pacioretty soon to be cap hit off of LTIR. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Bear was not replaced by Chatfield. He was pushed out of the line up, because of Burns and Pacioretty soon to be cap hit off of LTIR. 

.....not to mention his slow recovery from COVID, the rumour that Brindamour thought he still wasn't back in shape and Friedman's nugget that he asked for a trade last Summer.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Thanks 2

It’s players like this that the org. Needs to persuade to come closer to the big club and play if possible.  Not necessarily to expedite there growth but to be sure they are getting the proper development.

That being said,.   Perhaps it is the Canucks development “systems” that are hindering the growth, and ability to push fringe players off the roster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

It’s players like this that the org. Needs to persuade to come closer to the big club and play if possible.  Not necessarily to expedite there growth but to be sure they are getting the proper development.

That being said,.   Perhaps it is the Canucks development “systems” that are hindering the growth, and ability to push fringe players off the roster.

Deffinitely the Latter

On 11/8/2022 at 1:43 PM, SilentSam said:

I’ve always been jealous of organizations like the Red Wings and the Lightning that make mediocre players good. We are the opposite where we make ruin careers of fringe NHL players. I would argue we ruin the careers of good NHL players too. It’s embarrassing. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, suitup said:

I’ve always been jealous of organizations like the Red Wings and the Lightning that make mediocre players good. We are the opposite where we make ruin careers of fringe NHL players. I would argue we ruin the careers of good NHL players too. It’s embarrassing. 

This is all in the name of be mediocre, now! That passes straight down from ownership, that has the patience of a fruit fly. Our GMs are put in the position of immediate gratification. That leads to the trading of draft slots, the non-development of players, the trading of promising prospects, and giving up on them because they can’t help us NOW. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's good to see he's having a solid, productive season thus far

We desperately need him to become a top 4 guy someday as we've precious little in the way of RD prospects

Yeah but I'm pretty sure someone is looking to move a 25 yo 13th fwd and we could move this guy for him! 

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Jeeze. Came in here to ponder the question of whether people think King Loui Eriksson signing with Frölunda HC (Johansson's SHL team) is a good thing, bad thing or meh for us?

But after seeing the state of this board for the last 24 hours:

Im Out GIF

I don't think it'll really matter tbh

Might have some things to say about Vancouver but I reckon it'll be a fair take