The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] October 1, 2022 Preseason: Canucks @ Kraken 6:30pm PT at Climate Pledge Arena SN1, SNP, ROOT-NW, SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Naw - that's not it.  We are just upset at the lack of commitment, lack of effort and, yes, lack of skill being displayed

Does it look like we iced a skilled lineup? Like the majority or players are bottom 6 and AHL guys. Its also just preseason. Are you happy with the commitment from Podz on blocking a shot and possibly being injured? Is this what you want to see in preseason, roster players risking injury for meaningless games? Take a deep breath, this team has yet to show what it can do when everyone is together. 2010-11 we got pummelled by deadmonton. We placed 1st they placed last? SEA is undefeated and has 3 shutouts… are they the #1 cup contender? Should we hand out the conn smythe and the cup now?

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Looks like Miller took his 56 million and checked out

No but guys like him don’t push too hard in preseason usually. But I’d have expected him to still look better than he did. Pearson looked like our best forward 

Just now, GB5 said:

9ne bright note to me is Lazar.

This is the first full game I've seen him play and really like how well he skates and his effort level.

Reminds me of a Malhotra type player.

I like Lazar and Joshua

dickinson meh

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, GB5 said:

9ne bright note to me is Lazar.

This is the first full game I've seen him play and really like how well he skates and his effort level.

Reminds me of a Malhotra type player.

He was probably the best fwd on the ice.  Thought hogz was good too

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I don't know why you want to be so confrontational, but re-signing him while making no other upgrades is just repeating the previous regime.

They said our defense was bad. What was addressed then from last year? Answer me this.

Trading him for scraps and projects is beyond moronic. 

Just now, Dazzle said:

I don't know why you want to be so confrontational, but re-signing him while making no other upgrades is just repeating the previous regime.

They said our defense was bad. What was addressed then from last year? Answer me this.

Nothing but that's what happens when no one else wants those players either. You are stuck with them. We have a right to be angry at Benning but the reality is that we are stuck. Stuck. Stuck. We see they are bad and others know they are bad with bad contracts. What really can they do?

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No, it's obvious that Benning was spinning tires in the mud, especially leaving Travis Green where he was. Everytime he had something good, he'd somehow shoot himself in the foot.

And guess what Rutherford did? He made no big changes lol.

Let's get real here - Mikheyev is an interesting addition, but he's not really a boost in offense. Kuzmenko is unproven, and that's all the additions we have, along with LAzar.

My issue with this is the changing of narratives by the media/fans.

JR and PA dangled almost every asset we had last year minus EP, QH and TD to see how much value they had.

It's pretty clear our players didn't have the value we thought and he already mentioned the price was too high to dump cap or acquire a RD.

We can't trade any young or future assets because our cupboards are so bare.

Let's not confuse patience with status quo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Still have Dickinson, Jakes cap, Ferland’s cap hit. Anyone expecting this to be fixed this off season is out to lunch. 

They had every opportunity to make a major readjustment to the lineup in the off season, but they went with the status quo.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

No but guys like him don’t push too hard in preseason usually. But I’d have expected him to still look better than he did. Pearson looked like our best forward 

Pearson was our second worst forward after dickinson. Where offence goes to die