The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He'll wake up halfway through the season and be great down the stretch when we're already a long shot to make the playoffs, and everyone here will be like "See? He's our heart and soul! Hard minutes! Faceoffs!" and completely ignore how awful he was earlier in the season. 

Yes and we drop from 27th worst to19th/20th worse, ruining our chances at a top five pick. Happens a lot. The canuck way.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Oh yea, we have the Maple Leafs to cheer us up.

Going for a bike ride, keep calm and carry on stuff for me. It's the only way I can do it these days. File it away and find something positive in the day.

Peace out, folks. 

I went and got ice cream.

Your coping mechanism is much better than mine

Looks like another slow start to the year. I think it is safe to say that this core isn't going to get this team where it needs to go. You aren't going to change the culture of this team without ripping it all out. If the playoffs are out of reach then management needs to tear it all down and rebuild the right way. It's going to suck for another few years but necessary. Canucks fans have suffered a lot and deserve better, it's too bad we are stuck with such a mediocre team that shows little sign of getting better. Damn, it really makes you miss the glory years of the early 2010s.

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I do think if it really goes off the rails this management will pull the plug (to the extent that they can). 

It may well come to that. Should of been done years ago. I remember years ago wanting to rebuild, but while rebuilding, goon it up a bit. Lose, but make it tough to play the Canucks and start a culture change. This has the potential to go off the rails quickly. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Just wait until he starts producing again and that package will look like crap. A late first round pick, yippee. 

He can not fix years of bad habits. Last year put a radar on his back. Teams know to pressure him and he will 8 out 10 times give up the puck with a bad decision. You can see it already teams are giveing him no time, and he can not think the game fast enough to overcome this. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, van_ws said:

Looks like another slow start to the year. I think it is safe to say that this core isn't going to get this team where it needs to go. You aren't going to change the culture of this team without ripping it all out. If the playoffs are out of reach then management needs to tear it all down and rebuild the right way. It's going to suck for another few years but necessary. Canucks fans have suffered a lot and deserve better, it's too bad we are stuck with such a mediocre team that shows little sign of getting better. Damn, it really makes you miss the glory years of the early 2010s.

Be patient. I remember waiting an eternity for the awful Sedin’s to turn the corner and become some of the most magnificent hockey I have ever seen.

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Home grown potential superstar getting drafted this summer. Super glad the Canucks commited big money long term to a team who started the season looking like don't give a rats ass so we can maybe make the playoffs.

Hindsight but imagine Benning not trading away another first round pick for Miller.  And so MIller didn't help salvage our season last year to where we got down to that 15th spot in the draft. And we had LE, Beagle, and Roussel fill line up spots for another season. And no Garland or OEL either.  Plus that Miller pick. (Plus the second we just dumped).  

We'd have sucked so much last season, even with Bruce, that there'd have been no question JR would have cleaned house this summer and added even more picks/prospects.

I'm starting to think that we will have to do that one day before we will ever get to a contender status again.  The only question is will I still be alive to see that?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Allvin or Rutherford needs to make a press con calling out the 'leadership' on this team. If they still don't play like the give a damn then heads should start rolling. 

This team needs a major trade from its core players to wake them up. 

First of all:  Canucks need our support.  

I am not going to jump off the bridge after two bad games as there are some redeeming qualities.  

JT has been attrocious and throwing lazy passes in the worst areas of the ice as if it's the pre-season.  He got that out of his game last year and I have no doubt that he'll do it again, but it's sure a painful transition.  I believe in JT, and so should you.  

Horvat and Boeser are like lost puppies right now.  No confidence, no mojo, just playing not to lose.  I haven't seen either one try and grab the bull by the horns yet.  

Our defense has been fine for the most part.  We've limited a lot of 5 on 5 chances in both games and got stung by the special teams.  

Jason King should be skating on thin f'n ice by now.  I'm not surprised that Bruce Boudreau was leaning in with two minutes to go and seeing what King is drawing up for the guys.  Our power play is over-coached and everyone is clutching their sticks and making the absolute worst/dangerous passes you can think of.  

Let's look at some positives so far:  Stillman is a nice addition, and I like the way he plays the game.  Kuzmenko is a great forward and a good personality to add to the team.  Lazar has been quiet but has also done his job well so far.  Burroughs is proving to be a solid 6th/7th d-man once again. 

Overall, we are really hurting with Dermott and Myers out.  Poolman was good enough but now it looks like he's out for the year once again.  It's a piss off that finally as we are getting rid of Ferland's 3.5 dead cap, and the 5 mil in buyouts, penalties, we will be saddled with Poolman's 2.5 mil.