[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Tick tock…

Deja vu. 
Feels slot like last season already. 
Lots of talk and optimism. 
Giving games away they should’ve won.

Flyers are a mess and beat us with a weak goalie and a group of third liners barring a decent player here and there. Not a bonafide star on the entire line up. 
Get it together fellas. 

10 minutes ago, Muttley said:

That's why he's off to a rocky start? I don't think so. I'd be willing to say he's not in the shape he was last year yet. Might be carrying a few extra pounds. Not age.

After last year I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Never said anything about his age being part of his rocky start. Simply stated the fact he's playing terrible and we have committed big money to him until he's in his late 30s. You made the connection that age had anything to do with him playing poorly, not me.

But hold up, wait... Did you seriously just try to argue that part of our veteran leadership (4th oldest player on the team) isn't playing bad because of age, but because he came into the season unprepared and out of shape?

Oh yeah, that's far better! Point Muttley!

:picard:

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Let's say if we end up having a disastrous road trip to start the season, maybe time to trade Bo for a prospective and picks... It's playoffs or bust this season and we all know how a slow start cost our last season!

No one's going to give us that much, He's a UFA at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller has averaged a point a game for the last 3 years. What makes you think he can only get 60 points?  He has 2 points in 2 games. He’s still on pace for 82 points. 

Only a fair weather fan would suggest something so ridiculous. Two dumb losses when we aren’t even at full health has a lot of people saying some really dumb stuff. 

Edited by Pears
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Let's say if we end up having a disastrous road trip to start the season, maybe time to trade Bo for a prospective and picks... It's playoffs or bust this season and we all know how a slow start cost our last season!

He’s a pending ufa. You’re not landing an asset without him signed. If we allow hi to negotiate with other teams we might as well write the season off fir good. The optics and distraction would be terrible. Not gonna happen. 

21 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

No, boeser does.

Did you watch the nucks in the last 50 games?  Bo was a beast.   No one on this club is replacing that.

Miller/Petey > Horvat. I'm not down with paying a 3C 7m. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I don't buy that for a second.

His personality is one of a competitor who hates to lose. Nope.

If he didn't care he'd likely be closer to home by now...he saw something here in this team and wants to win with them.

All that may be true, but his lack of on-ice awareness and sloppiness in play has trumped all that is good about him.

Same can be said for Pettersson and Horvat.  They do lots of good things, but their brain farts are hurting the team more than helping.

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

No one's going to give us that much, He's a UFA at the end of the season.

If we are out of a playoff spot at the TDL then you can retain 50% of his salary and trade him for a 1st round pick and a prospect. Then you can use his $5.5 million cap hit in the summer to get a 3C and improve the defence. 

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I've always said this and I'll say it again. Signing Miller was a mistake, not because he is a bad player, but because the Canucks clearly need help elsewhere than lining up in the middle. This was not adequately addressed by the current regime. I've been saying this after the trade deadline, the UFA season, and now here.

Yep.  The only "correct" way of handling the Miller situation was to move him.

Now, we're capped out, in a "win-now" mode because of the contract, except the team still has tons of holes to fix.  Just a mess.

• Upvote 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, chon derry said:

The Carolina hurricanes aren’t the Vancouver canucks ,if by  after game 4s loss  they wouldn’t have had much more to lose  by icing a team a little closer to final roster but maybe a little better insite into the fact this team WASNT ready by game 1 of reg season  they could of had 3,4 games to make adjustments and figure things out instead of gambling away real points making these adjustments. Which apparently still haven’t been addressed entering into game 3.  

Still no correlation.  They played a pretty much full lineup for the last 2 preseason games and won both of them.  They should've won both these games.  Millers play cost this the team this game.  He was directly responsible for 2 of the goals.

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller has averaged a point a game for the last 3 years. What makes you think he can only get 60 points?  He has 2 points in 2 games. He’s still on pace for 82 points. 

99 points season, gets you McDavid attention from other teams. McDavid can withstand this attention, Miller can not. He just can not think the game fast enough to withstand superstar attention. 

Edited by vancan2233

Just now, Muttley said:

Not the type of player that just sits on his money to be. He's not the only one on the team that doesn't look ready. The two games are the worst JT has had. My guess is

it's an anomaly but we'll see. 

We'll agree on that. He has been the worst player on the team so far this season. 80 games to go, he could easily end up finishing the season as our best. But both of these loses he played a major part in.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

99 points season, gets you McDavid attention from other teams. McDavid can withstand this attention, Miller can not. He just can not think the game fast enough to withstand superstar attention. 

He did fine last season, especially in the second half when opponents were gearing up for the playoffs (ie ultra-important points to be had) and knew that he'd have to be contained to achieve that.