The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Weve got good pieces up front, but continuing to pretend Hughes is a number one dman is going to be our downfall.

I wonder what NJD would be willing to part with for him. 

Marino + Mercer or is that way too much to unite the 3 brothers? Lol

6 minutes ago, Doxm said:

Eventually he will want to go to nj.  

Try to pry a dman from them, but not marino.  Marino is way overrated on these boards.  Hes a top 4, but hes not a guy you can build around. 

• Cheers 3

54 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Does any player on the fourth line provide more value than Garland? I find this healthy scratch somewhat puzzling.

It makes no sense at all.  The first three games he was one of the best forwards on the team.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

14 minutes ago, st33 said:

Bingo need to get miller going put him back with Petey who's off to a great start get some points and + back on the score sheet.

The effort level he is showing right now he doesn't deserve to get to play with Petey.

So I missed basically from the end of the first to OT. Not sure what happened in the 2nd and 3rd.. We were up 2-0 and looking quite good. Which is going to lead me to a point I want to make about Horvat and WHY we need to keep him. Vancouver got dominated in the faceoff circle, it doesnt happen often, BUT… in a game where Vancouver looked like they were running away with it, the possession game took over. CBJ won 62% of the faceoffs, giving them more puck time and more opportunities to get themselves back into the game. I cant speak for exactly what happened after the 1st, but I have a suspicion that the faceoffs had something to do with it.
We cannot afford to give up Horvat, we need to move wingers to try and land a top 4 RHD.

15 minutes ago, Doxm said:

I don't know man. I don't think management knows either. Something has to be done, whether Boudreau gets fired or someone gets traded for a major shakeup. Guess we'll find out sooner than later. 

They’ve already fired a coach to spark the team. It worked for a little while but they just reverted back to their old ways.

Next move is a major trade. Only thing left to spark the team and fill the glaring holes.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Okay, let’s start;

- PA and JR should be held accountable for totally blowing the RHD position. They have totally eroded Hughes fragile confidence in 4 games! In addition, that 3 yr Beoser contract was atrocious! Give him his QO and make him earn more years. He is un-tradable. 

- Miller needs to sit out a game or two. He is literally costing us games by giving no effort. Hughes is struggling, but at least trying.

- BB; you play the two guys that are playing the worst all game the most in OT? Are you stupid or something…he should be held accountable for the lose. Then, he’s doubling down on the team being fragile; do ur f..ing job and coach! That what coaches do; motivate… good god!

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Doxm said:

They got Marino for basically free as a cap dump… we could have had him for pennies on the dollar if we had the space too.

Hughes would command a lot more than that.

It starts with Nemec and they keep adding until they can beat other offers from the rest of the league who would be in on it.

This throwing sticks around in the room crap doesn't cut it for me. 

Everyone in that room is part of the team  this includes training staff, coaching staff and equipment managers.

A bunch of high priced cry babies throwing their toys around for the behind the scenes team mates to clean up us a disgrace.

The first guy who threw his stick is the first guy benched for me.