The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] October 24, 2022 Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (0-4-2) Rogers Arena 7:30pm PT SN360 SNO SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

I think he has the talent to do it. I can’t quite wrap my head around why its generally been a slow process for him to adjust to the NHL. I tend to think he’s been far more restrained offensively than he should be. He’s not good enough defensively to play it safe on offence. I get it, don’t wan’t to make a mistake and get benched then scratched. But the kid is dynamic on the offensive end…in many aspects possessing weapons that even Quinn doesn’t have. Mostly thinking his shot here. 

Just hope he shows more of his offensive flair soon. Before he’s once again yanked out of the lineup.

why? covid messed with his development a little bit. Luckily it didn't kill it like it did with Mikey D. 

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Had a fantastic Diwali celebration at work...parents of our students cooked up a bunch of delicious food for us. We had chana masala, mathiya, chodafadi, aloo gobi, butter chicken, naan, veg pakora, rice, sweets, mango lassi drinks. It was amazing.

307035131_10159776616030549_705368875820

311415871_10159776616150549_159628425904

311408611_10159776615865549_907270887166

image.gif.3ba6dc8c7168287d02828d370d2d822a.gif

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That’s the new slogan I say…”it’s a process” lol…but it really is. It’s hard for these young teams to try and figure out how to be ever day winners…look at Edmonton, even with McDiva and Drais they have taken a very long time to become “contenders”…and I’d argue they still haven’t become that.

Why people think it will happen in a linear time line and fashion is beyond me…there will be ups and downs, this year definitely down, but brighter times will come. Especially this team gets managed along the way properly…holding out hope JR and co can do this for us. It’s not an easy task where Benning left us. Partial rebuild, in complete roster, paper thin defence and no defensive prospects to speak of other than bottom tier guys…it’s gonna be a journey, one not easily solved.

its always a mix of luck and good strategy. I've been through this as a Riders and Blue Jays fan, I have lots of patience. I wasn't a regular Canucks fan until I moved to BC in the 90s so I get painful processes :lol:

I don't just watch for "the cup" I like to get excited about the draft, watch prospects develop, muse on trades, etc etc. 

Having said that, I would like to go 3/3 on my teams. 

• There it is 1