The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

13 minutes ago, AV. said:

He was never a top-4 guy, though.  Well, not in the traditional sense, anyway.  More like a Poolman in Winnipeg, or how Aaron Rome was for us way back when.

Isn't about time we stop with the lotto tickets and just go out and get the real thing?

He was with Edmonton 2 years ago

21:58 ATOI #3 , Top 10 in Calder voting

ahead of Larsson, Russell and Green

Worth the risk.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

meh, or have you forgotten Klein sending their people on welfare to BC on one way Greyhound tickets?

It was actually the homeless prior to the winter olympics. Guess rain is better than snow. He was definitely the Don Cherry of politics. 

5 minutes ago, AV. said:

Lol provoke?  Because I called the franchise the dumbest one in the league?  That I said we should have claimed this type of player on waivers rather than trading for him?

Unless you work for the management, you, nor anybody here, should have any reason to take offence from a post like this, especially when I didn't even call out anybody specific.  Believe me, there's tons of room in this world for people to be empathetic toward one another and be mindful of invalidating feelings, but this is not one of them.

I am curious what your theory is as to why your post took all the abuse when 11 other posters within the first two pages criticized the move and did not get any such response? 

Random chance?

Personal vendettas?

Or maybe it just seemed like trolling whether that was your intention or not. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, AV. said:

Sure.  But that's where patience and education comes in.  Something something insanity somethin something over and over again.

Ifn you're not willing to pay the price you look at other options. It's called plan B. Personally I have no problem with rolling the dice on risk/reward rather than over paying. But a 5th for Bear doesn't seem like much of a risk at all. We could retain 600k and move him at the deadline to recoup if out of the race.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And tonnes dogged trading a 1st for a cap dump 13 goal scorer JT Miller. How’d that turn out? 

Tampa Bay won two cups with the pick they acquired from Vancouver (traded for Coleman)

Vancouver won one and a half playoffs rounds in 3 years with Miller.

Pretty good deal for Tampa Bay, I'd say.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, Baggins said:

Ifn you're not willing to pay the price you look at other options. It's called plan B. Personally I have no problem with rolling the dice on risk/reward rather than over paying. But a 5th for Bear doesn't seem like much of a risk at all. We could retain 600k and move him at the deadline to recoup if out of the race.

egads...remember Burkie calling Irbe a "plan B goalie".:P

Just now, Baggins said:

surely one of our D-men are sent out we have like 9?

6 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I can't believe there are some who question/aren't happy with this trade.

A 5th rounder, for 2 bodies, one who is actually an NHL'er, who fills a need, and with salary retained to boot. Very little risk here as I see it.

A 5th for Bear is a steal, he will add to our roster, not subtract from it, and besides, the pick can be re-acquired (if at all) pretty easily by then anyway.

Boggles the mind doesn’t it

• Cheers 2

Just now, AV. said:

Tampa Bay won two cups with the pick they acquired from Vancouver (traded for Coleman)

It's a deal where both sides benefited/won greatly.  Every trade doesn't have to have one clear winner (or loser).

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, AV. said:

So they wouldn’t have won the cup with JT Miller on their team. Get real man 

• Cheers 4

Just now, AV. said:

YO YO YO

canucks also won, don't be delusional.

23 minutes ago, AV. said:

One post from one user, in which he was saying that line in response to a comment about there being "haters" doing their usual bit. 

The gist of his message is what you should be reading into, anyway.  For any given move that happens with this team, there are two sides.  Those that like it and those that don't.  Guess which side makes it a habit to tell the other side just how wrong they are, how vile they are, how negative, how toxic, how fake, etc?  Consider that for a moment.

Hope this helps.

The thing is, when receiving criticism large or small, just ignore it and continue sharing your opinion, and if it's adusted one way or the other by the input, even better. 

It's when any and all crticism is followed by endless justifications of the original comment--defensiveness--that it becomes meaningless for everyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Seems like he's the Jason Dickenson of defense. 

Why did Car give him away ? They gave him away. 

Aren't the Canes still kind of deep on the blueline?  Maybe that's why they "gave him away".  Much like how Tampa dealt Miller (as they were already deep with forwards).  Might not be a true reflection on a player's value imho.

2 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

I am curious what your theory is as to why your post took all the abuse when 11 other posters within the first two pages criticized the move and did not get any such response? 

Random chance?

Personal vendettas?

Or maybe it just seemed like trolling whether that was your intention or not. 

Idk.  Who cares?

People care about what I have to say and get drawn to it, I guess.  Moth to a flame type beat.