The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

3 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Could see him being a good partner for OEL. Based on his numbers, he can actually get the puck out of the zone (through passes though rather than carries).

OEL + Myers get stuck in their own end way too much. 

Myers on the third pair probably makes myers better too, less mistakes if he's not playing 23-24 mins a night. 

There had to be a personal reason between management and bear in Carolina. No way is Chatflied a better player than Bear. There is not one attribute that Chatfield has over Bear. 

2 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

There had to be a personal reason between management and bear in Carolina. No way is Chatflied a better player than Bear. There is not one attribute that Chatfield has over Bear. 

Probably because they are mostly fat, uneducated, white bigot NASCAR lovin folks. 

• RoughGame 5

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

What does the convoy have to do with the Canucks trade? :unsure:

Since you ask, this has nothing to do with it either:

The Coyotes have a contract to play the next three seasons and potentially a fourth at ASU while they hope a new arena in Tempe is approved and constructed.

This is beyond ridiculous now.  They hope, in 3 or 4, or sometime...

54 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

some of these people didnt even play a game in the NHL. LOL

Okay, so the answer is: Every one of those players was selected by Vancouver in the fifth round since 1970. So I guess I am saying that losing a fifth round pick is no big deal.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If you’re currently in last place in the league and competing for Connor Bedard then I would say that currency should be left in the bank collecting these high interest rates and saved for a rainy day. 

strongly disagree. 

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Poolman ltir, Dermott ltir, Huggy? Stillman who knows,
We're bleeding 3rd period goals like a stuck pig. Our goalies need more help than usual.

While we're at it claim Harper, nvm too late.

Yeah, a lot of posters put up these lineups.

With like 6 or sometimes 8 D.

We need 8 D for the club.

And 8 NHL-ready D in the A (or thereabouts).

This is not only a contact sport.

It is an injury-filled mf-er of a battle sport.

5 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

Yeah because we sucked and were in the lottery. 

Outside of the first round in the last 8 years we have Hoglander and Demko playing regular minutes for us, yikes!  We have no organizational depth after 8 years of what should have been rebuilding.

Get a hat.

(Obviously, the sky is falling.)

• There it is 1

31 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Someone mentioned earlier that Rod Brindamour likes skaters 

chatfield skates well with the puck (basically his best attribute)

bear doesn’t like skating the puck out of the zone, his exits are mostly passes

i think he just doesn’t fit Carolina’s system tbh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-ethan-bear-responds-racist-comments-im-proud-come/

Given how ignorant the average resident of that hellhole is, these bigots aren't an outlier.

I’m sure there are lots of quality fans and people in Edmonton. Can’t let the fans who attack JT miller at a pumpkin patch or burn our city down after a loss define us and our market.

im sure we have some idiots amongst us too.

Sounds to me like you have a negative bias perhaps from a personal experience with Edmonton that this isolated story reinforced. 

You’re entitled to your feelings but cant Get behind while gate towards edmontons fan base. I know some Edmonton peeps all quality people and diehard fans that endured a lot of dark years there. 

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

I’m sure there are lots of quality fans and people in Edmonton. Can’t let the fans who attack JT miller at a pumpkin patch or burn our city down after a loss define us and our market.

im sure we have some idiots amongst us too.

Sounds to me like you have a negative bias perhaps from a personal experience with Edmonton that this isolated story reinforced. 

You’re entitled to your feelings but cant Get behind while gate towards edmontons fan base. I know some Edmonton peeps all quality people and diehard fans that endured a lot of dark years there. 

My main issue with Alberta goes well outside the scope of this forum.  Suffice to say, recent events have solidified my belief in how much of a cesspool that province is.  Their fanbase is almost as classless as the gutless cowards they cheer for.  Happy Nurse got the hell out of that dump.