The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

No surprise there.

Speaking of hitters... Gotta love Burroughs' spirit... he doesn't have the real talent or the size, but the fight in the dog is there.

I am always pulling for him to improve... to be a new Harold Snepst and develop over time into a real force.

Burroughs is developing, but realistically with his lack of size I don't think he is more than a #7 on a playoff team.

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Thanks for responding, Im writing everything in my notepad to study later. ok, have a good night.

hold up wait, i thought of something.

what does a real second and third pairing defenceman look like?

is any of them like ours? like bear, dermott, poolman,stillman,Myers? does any of them a real second or third pairing d?

Just wanted to ask a expert, so i could learn.

Man you're so cocky, it's rediculous. Why don't you and your arrogance go to bed. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We are all fans no matter how we feel or how frustrated we can get. It’s a learning process for everyone. It was a great game tonight and nobody should be negative about it that is for sure. 

Martin played like a starting goalie. He may even have started a goalie controversy. Hey it wouldn’t be Vancouver without a goalie controversy.  :)

That's an understatement - Martin shined tonight!  He was superb!  I think they should rest Demko a bit more and play Martin more often until Thatcher gets back on his game - because we can all see - something is "OFF" with Demko, plus putting Martin in is not like putting Jim Bennings favorite B/U (Ha-Lack) in - who could only muster 4 wins in 18 games last year (OMG!)  Martin has proven to be dependable at the very least - and least brings home "the Points". 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It was a great team effort tonight. 
To me, one of the most disappointing players continues to be Hoglander. You can tell he’s trying hard, but just no finish  and limited talent. When it’s a healthy team (if ever), he’ll be odd man out unless he finds a new level.

I agree with folks who say the team seems faster without Boeser. He hasn’t added much when he was healthy this season. 

Hoglander has looked fine to me. Atleast he makes plays altho he has no finish. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Myers is a #4 D-Man.  The rest except Bear are 6/7's at best. 

Haven't seen Bear play enough to say about him... but he wasn't anywhere near 3/4 in his previous teams.

Ok, so maybe we should have traded for chatfield or P. Myers they are on good teams so must be true 3rd pairing defenceman.

Boeser for carlo? 1 for 1 ez pz.

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well I guess the Connor Bedard dream is over. This team is too good to tank. Maybe Huggy Bear can lead us to a Cup. 

The dream is dead, he'll end up in Anaheim or San Jose instead and terrorize us for years like McDavid 

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Man you're so cocky, it's rediculous. Why don't you and your arrogance go to bed. 

Just trying to learn from the best!

They are the smartest, they know best.

Being the best is what this is all about right?

Anyways have a good night.