The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Considering the context would include how many years and teams these guys who leave our organization take to actually become a full time player. McCann was a selfish me first kid back then as well. Clearly matured in Seattle finally 

The irony would be him mentoring Wright. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I know some don’t agree, but I think Rathbone has shown well enough to be in our top 6. I’m convinced the more he plays, the better he will get. Give him a run of ten games here, and if the progression isn’t there, back to the AHL it is. 

The sad situation with Rathbone is that the Canuck d-core is seriously challenged. Weakest part of the team IMHO. With a stronger d-core Rathbone could be sheltered more. He cannot make a spot without being able to play solid defense. It was the same reason they gave up on Forsling, isn't it?

14 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I know some don’t agree, but I think Rathbone has shown well enough to be in our top 6. I’m convinced the more he plays, the better he will get. Give him a run of ten games here, and if the progression isn’t there, back to the AHL it is. 

Godd enough =/= better than other guys as our best option on 3rd pair behind Hughes and OEL. Especially when taking in to consideration we need guys who can PK, play D/hold leads etc.

Hughes, Schenn

OEL, Bear

Stillman/Burroughs/Brisebois, Myers

Like I've said numerous times, Rathbone's offensive game is certainly NHL caliber. But is he going to get the offensive minutes and usage behind Hghes and OEL to actually play to his strengths....? Not here IMO. I like the kid, but he seems destined to be trade bait for pieces we're in higher need of.

Just now, Boudrias said:

The sad situation with Rathbone is that the Canuck d-core is seriously challenged. Weakest part of the team IMHO. With a stronger d-core Rathbone could be sheltered more. He cannot make a spot without being able to play solid defense. It was the same reason they gave up on Forsling, isn't it?

Feels a bit similar, yes. Could easily see Rathbone leaving here and becoming a good player elsewhere at some point. And he has far more potential than Forsling in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Feels a bit similar, yes. Could easily see Rathbone leaving here and becoming a good player elsewhere at some point. And he has far more potential than Forsling in my opinion.

Rathbones future is related to BB getting  a new contract. The kids been develped likely as well as he can in the AHL. He's not BB favourite player thats for sure. I always liked Forsling in the WJC he was the go to D'man for Sweden. H'es on the first pairing in Florida, thks Jim

Edited by Fred65

11 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I don't see Forsling play enough. That said lots of nights he is playing top pairing minutes. If I was smarter I could link his stats. Career; 245 games 25 goal + 62 assists = 87 points or 0.36 ppg (+56). This year; 9 games; 2 goals + 4 assits = 6 or 0.66 ppg and +6. His stats have really climbed over the past 2 full seasons in Florida. At 26 years old his stats are still climbing. If Rathbone could come close to this it would be a solid career for him. Forsling is 186 pounds now and can play defense now. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't see Forsling play enough. That said lots of nights he is playing top pairing minutes. If I was smarter I could link his stats. Career; 245 games 25 goal + 62 assists = 87 points or 0.36 ppg (+56). This year; 9 games; 2 goals + 4 assits = 6 or 0.66 ppg and +6. His stats have really climbed over the past 2 full seasons in Florida. At 26 years old his stats are still climbing. If Rathbone could come close to this it would be a solid career for him. Forsling is 186 pounds now and can play defense now. 

Decent stat line for Forsling for sure. But I honestly think Jack has far more potent tools in the proverbial hockey tool box. Skewed toward the offensive side of the game of course. :)

As with most everything, only time will determine how this all shakes out. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's the crux of it though, how many posters on here said and did shit as teenagers? Probably all of us, we simply weren't public figures with fans and media overanalyzing everything we do or say. How many dudes in their teens and early twenties are extremely mature? In my experience it's not most of us. 

I just find it silly when hockey fans hold these teenagers and young adults to a different standard because they're professionals or guys working to try and be professionals, as if they aren't still just teenagers and young adults. 

A lot of petty people here really. Same people that crapped all over for Ehrhoff for making a simple positive statement about joining a new team. Like really dumb when you actually think about it. 

In this case the kid answered honestly about dropping so far in the draft and a bunch of petty, self absorbed, and butthurt fans chose to run with that. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

A lot of petty people here really. Same people that crapped all over for Ehrhoff for making a simple positive statement about joining a new team. Like really dumb when you actually think about it. 

In this case the kid answered honestly about dropping so far in the draft and a bunch of petty, self absorbed, and butthurt fans chose to run with that. 

Unknown.jpeg

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

i agree....but brock needs to get back into shape and then play on the pp to get back into his sniping groove again.....a healthy and in shape brock is an asset...

hes too slow for the top 6.  if you need to tell a 25 year old to get into shape, that is a bad sign right there. 

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

hes too slow for the top 6.  if you need to tell a 25 year old to get into shape, that is a bad sign right there. 

well hes been injured and gone for a bit....thats what i meant by getting back into shape.....getting timing and the rapidness in his step back...2 years ago he was our best player...he can get back to something close to that he is definetly an asset...

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

That's the crux of it though, how many posters on here said and did stupid or immature shit as teenagers? Probably all of us, we simply weren't public figures with fans and media overanalyzing everything we do or say. How many dudes in their teens and early twenties are extremely mature? In my experience it's not most of us. 

I just find it silly when hockey fans hold these teenagers and young adults to a different standard because they're professionals or guys working to try and be professionals, as if they aren't still just teenagers and young adults. 

A very small percentage bring that attitude to the NHL. We walked away from that type, We were right to do so at the time.. Just had the worst guy ever in charge and get us zero value when he should have had a good amount. I don't like to look at player like that or forsling and act as if WE screwed up now that they finally figured it out multiple teams and years later.

No matter how we slice this pie, We are still the Canucks. You lose some, You lose some more:lol:

• Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Starting off well with benching / 6min of ice time. Talk about ZERO immediate impact guys last draft. Yet the top 5 could all be franchise players this year lmfao

Attitude problem a factor in slipping 1 st to 4 th. OA putting effort aside