The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

As much flak as the dcorp gets, the issues with their breakout are mostly with the fwds.  They are giving it away far more than they're getting the puck out 

I'd rather see icings than being perpetually trapped and wasting energy.  Ice it, get a rest and reset.

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Ive been a big OEL fan since the trade but even I admit he's looked shaky as of late, although in fairness he's had to play a ton of minutes. Things I haven't liked:

1. Bad giveaways

2. Bad zone exits 

His defensive coverage has been ok though. 

Agreed, nowhere near deserving of the hate and whining he gets on here. 

• Like 2

Just now, stawns said:

As much flak as the dcorp gets, the issues with their breakout are mostly with the fwds.  They are giving it away far more than they're getting the puck out 

I'd rather see icings than being perpetually trapped and wasting energy.  Ice it, get a rest and reset.

Story of the year. Team defence, not necessarily the defence 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Agreed.  Ppl want him scratched and cant understand we have no one to replace him.  Oel does a lot for this club

He's slow, so him and myers make the defence vunerable and they both are lousy at keeping it in the zone when attacking. One of the them needs to sit for a younger guy.