The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

NJD just dropped 7 goals in their last game, shutout the Avs the game prior and before than dropped 6 goals. They are on a roll, arguably the hottest team in the league. Bratt is on fire, this is going to be a tough matchup.

That being said we dumped the Penguins who were at the time one of the hottest in the league.

Our defence really has to play physical against their small forwards or they'll eat us up. Hughes has hurt us so many times in the past, I think if our D just try and squash them and play them tight we might have success. We need Miller, Bo and Pearson throwing their bodies around like it's a playoff game - try and crush these guys and wear them down.

I'm a bit scared about Demko in net and also our PP looked a lot better with Hughes injured because they kept it simple - let's hope they do the same. Bear and Studnicka will be interesting to watch but really this is all about NJD offence vs our AHL defence and shaky Demko.

6-4 Canucks take it.

• There it is 2

Devils lead the league in shots and blanked the Avs. Not a team to take lightly. We have to play a solid physical game. 

With Hughes and Bear in the line up, suddenly our defense isn’t AHL’ish.

• There it is 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I didn't like the off white pants with the purple. Might have been ok in the Early 1900's. But it just doesn't work. I don't mind the jersey's though.

Maybe if they started Luongo, they would have won the Heritage Classic.  

• Cheers 2