The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

this is an important point to remember, tanking is not a guarantee. 

But something has to give here, and soon. 

No guarantee.  But being dead last nets Canucks a top 3 pick.  Which, by all accounts, are very good prospects (Tier 1) supposedly.

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

"Miller’s 9 points will not mask his poor play to anyone who has decent knowledge of the game of hockey." 

Did he set up both of Bo's goals las night? I know the first one was a sweet pass.

My comment is just asking you not to ridicule people's opinion and act superior. 

JT is a good player. If he wasn't he wouldn't be a top line guy and ppg for a long time.

Again, not the issue on the team. 

Whatever man, you are just playing around with semantics here. I’m sticking with the opinion that his 9 points hasn’t equated to good play overall. I’m not even saying he’s not a good player. He’s just not PLAYING GOOD currently. And yeah, I’m even sticking with the statement that most knowledgable hockey observers should be able to see this. If this is acting “superior”, then I’ll just have to wear it, lol.

Never said Miller was THE issue on the team. But he’s been one of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:

We need to tank and bring our boy home. I gave up man, We suck.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Will our owner allow the trade of a key core player in a rebuilding move, where we get back high picks?  I don’t think he will.  If we do move a key core piece it will be for a player or players to help now.  Our moves are (.almost) always intended to help now.  Allvin said as much when we gave up on Myrenberg.  “He’s five years away”.  

I think if we are going to rebuild we might as well absorb cap while trading key pieces away so we can get a higher return. 

Miller and Brock with salary retained will net good returns. 

Bo will fetch a premium

So will Petey and Hughes 

Might as well sell Kuz 

Trade OEL with salary retained. 

Trade Myers

Trade Garland 

Trade Hogz and Podz 

Take other teams garbage for draft picks. 

Load up on picks and prospects. 

Let's see how fast we can rebuild this thing. 

Have a team full of Beagles and Dickinsons for 2-3 years lol

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

No guarantee.  But being dead last nets Canucks a top 3 pick.  Which, by all accounts, are very good prospects (Tier 1) supposedly.

Yeah, any 1 of Bedard, Michkov, or Fantilli would mean we're adding a very dynamic, potentially franchise altering prospect.

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Whatever man, you are just playing around with semantics here. I’m sticking with the opinion that his 9 points hasn’t equated to good play overall. I’m not even saying he’s not a good player. He’s just not PLAYING GOOD currently. And yeah, I’m even sticking with the statement that most knowledgable hockey observers should be able to see this. If this is acting “superior”, then I’ll just have to wear it, lol.

Never said Miller was THE issue on the team. But he’s been one of them.

Whatever man, you are just playing around with semantics here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Is Shane Wright a bust?  SEA keeps benching him, things don't seem to be going well for him so far.

Nah, but he'd likely be better served going back to junior or wherever, could just be too soon

I hate that teams feel the need to push players into the league when they're drafted top 10

If Nemec can play AHL hockey so can Podkolzin

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think if we are going to rebuild we might as well absorb cap while trading key pieces away so we can get a higher return. 

Miller and Brock with salary retained will net good returns. 

Bo will fetch a premium

So will Petey and Hughes 

Might as well sell Kuz 

Trade OEL with salary retained. 

Trade Myers

Trade Garland 

Trade Hogz and Podz 

Take other teams garbage for draft picks. 

Load up on picks and prospects. 

Let's see how fast we can rebuild this thing. 

Have a team full of Beagles and Dickinsons for 2-3 years lol

I agree with all, But I'd keep Mill..Kinda need a father figure.

• Haha 1