The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I do not like seeing Stillman in the top 6 at all. Rathbone brings more offence, and Burroughs is more physical and steadier.

It feels like they're trying to justify trading the 2nd round pick by keeping him in the top 6.

Based on the practice lines, it seems like Burroughs and Rathbone will be sitting for the third game.  I agree, it seems like this is a case of a lame duck coach not wanting to p off his GM/President.  Burroughs should be playing over a few of the D playing now, based on performance.

But also Rathbone.  This franchise is continually failing at development from within. Will Rathbone just be another casualty on the pile?  He has to play FFS.  Its the only way to learn from the veterans, and get the kinks out of his game. Get confidence in playing with the big boys in the big league. 

But it seems like JR has never had faith in those two with his moves to get Stillman and Bear.  IMO the problem with our defending against goals is more of a team systems problem.  This perpetual whack a mole approach with our D, using other teams underperformers hoping for a rebirth on our team.  Only to replace them again the next season, is not working.  Meanwhile giving up on your own backyard players and up n comers. The grass is always greener....

We shouldn't be spending more cap on mediocre D hoping they catch fire.  We should be playing Rathbone and Burroughs and saving up cap to sign a truly elite #4.  But its done now.  I have liked Bear so far though. I didn't like the second pick gone for Stillman.

2 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Hopefully this becomes a regular occurrence and not just a one-off Bieksa high, it’s what’s needed to build a successful culture and team.

The camera panned around the dressing room while Juice was talking and it literally looked like he set fire to everyone’s eyes.

Scary to see Dries as our 3C and that's not with injuries, that's because we traded away the PPG Dickinson, acquired another 5M winger in Mikheyev instead of a cheaper veteran center and now play Miller on the wing. Obviously our thin defence is causing us issues but not many teams have an AHLer pencilled in as their 3 and 4C without any center injuries.

That being said, win the next game and we're on par with Calgary and above Colorado sooo...

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

"Just stop with the blind back pass."

Definitely. I’m fact, half the team has been coughing the puck up in bad pass attempts. High danger ones where taking those risks are unnecessary at the times they are made. The giveaways have killed us this year. More so than the lack of takeaways. 

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Scary to see Dries as our 3C and that's not with injuries, that's because we traded away the PPG Dickinson, acquired another 5M winger in Mikheyev instead of a cheaper veteran center and now play Miller on the wing. Obviously our thin defence is causing us issues but not many teams have an AHLer pencilled in as their 3 and 4C without any center injuries.

That being said, win the next game and we're on par with Calgary and above Colorado sooo...

Lazar is injured so your take is off

• Upvote 1

Man Bo is a monster in the Faceoff circle. 

Glad they are working on PKs and that Miller is off. He doesn't need to kill penalties. I appreciate that he wanted to, but he should just focus on being an high impact offensive player. 

Petey is a damn stud and can do anything. 

Please play Rathbone next game and the following 15. Stillman is fine and I'm sure he'll play more with injuries and all that, but we really need to develop Rathbone. At the very least he has a good year and we move him for a 2nd round pick or something. Best case scenario is he is great and we resign him at a decent price and our LD is set for the next while (Hughes, OEL, Rathbone). Pair them with defensive guys and we could be okay. 

Also Bear played pretty good. Solid skater and can make a good pass. Hasn't played much since last season, so hopefully he keeps getting better over the coming games. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

A 3c doesn't move the needle. EP and horvat are your 1 and 2 Cs and we are bottom 5 team. Pointing your finger in the wrong direction