The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

That was very disappointing.

The call on Myers was so stupid. I’m glad he did what he did but he did not deserve a 10min misconduct on top of his 5 and 2.

3 worst Canucks in this game; 

1) Petey 

2) QH

3) Garland

These guys above were atrocious at their puck handling (were they drunk?). I would say this was Petey’s worst game this year. No doubt.

Also, that was the worst shootout I’ve ever seen. From Petey failing to tap in an open net, Miller’s weak shot and Bo’s fumbling of the puck just made it the cherry on top! Demko being beat by the 5 hole was also sad to see (when are we going to see Dem steal a game?).

Why didn’t we use Mik and Kuz on the shootout? 

We should have won this game. They dominated and played the right way in that first. Seemed like their goalie also shut the door on us and said no more.

Edited by grandmaster

12 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Markstrom has always been the better goalie. We picked demko over him only due to the age thing. I mean demko has always been overhyped by this market. He is not bad, but has not really been top of the league like markstrom or luongo etc. he is struggling big time now and we just have to go with Martin for now. There is no other way. If Martin is the starter now so be it

Agreed. Demko doesnt care if we win or lose.  Its all over his face in every interview

Just now, grandmaster said:

That was very disappointing.

The call on Myers was so stupid. I’m glad he did what he did but he did not deserve a 10min misconduct on top of his 5 and 2.

3 worst Canucks in this game; 

1) Petey 

2) QH

3) Garland

These guys above were atrocious at their puck handling (were they drunk?). I would say this was Petey’s worst game this year. No doubt.

Also, that was the worst shootout I’ve ever seen. From Petey failing to tap in an open net, Miller’s weak shot and Bo’s fumbling of the puck just made it the cherry on top! Demko being beat by the 5 hole was also sad to see (when are we going to see Dem steal a game?).

Why didn’t we use Mik and Kuz on the shootout? 

We should have won this game. They dominated and played the right way in that first. Seemed like their goalie shut the door on us. 

I’m seeing Demko as the reason we lost.  He was, again, outplayed by his opposite.  Our club isn’t good enough to have our goalie be our weakest part.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

We have already been down that road when ownership Markstomed and taneved us, oh and the Troffoliing 

I'm not one of those people that want to know exactly how the titanic sunk,  I just know it ended up at the bottom of the Atlantic.  At least that's not the canucks division,  so they can't end up at the bottomof that right! That's a positive :) #brucewhatThe$%#@

Jim Carrey Attorney GIF

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

Getting closer and closer to just wanting to blow up the team. How on earth after a 1st period like that and after Kevin Bieksa’s speech can you just lose it all after you had the game in your hand. This is Travis Green team hockey, playing not to lose. Starting to think maybe it wasn’t him that was the problem. Oh well, this is the year to fail if ever there was one, so there’s a light at the end of the tunnel at least. So freaking painful being a Canucks fan.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

They got a point but my god was that embarrassing 

They had it in the bag after a perfect first period and they let it slip away

All offense zero D, just fewer goals than the Anaheim game 

Yeah, it's not the forwards, it's their defense. They can't seem to play defense and keep a lead. 

Even if we were up 7-0, that would not be a safe lead with this group. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Getting closer and closer to just wanting to blow up the team. How on earth after a 1st period like that and after Kevin Bieksa’s speech can you just lose it all after you had the game in your hand. This is Travis Green team hockey, playing not to lose. Starting to think maybe it wasn’t him that was the problem. Oh well, this is the year to fail if ever there was one, so there’s a light at the end of the tunnel at least. So freaking painful being a Canucks fan.

Closer ? If you aren't there yet, God bless ya. 

4 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Demko is not the answer. It is just very sad. 

Once Demko gets back to his normal self we will start to string together wins.  We will get into that middle ground of teams (14-20) just like last year.  

Edited by Alflives

16 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

For Demko its a rough patch i believe, like when he first had trouble getting consistency in his game to get to the NHL.  Markstrom tires himself out with how much he moves in the net and like Luongo is awful playing the puck and gets mental blocks where its the case of first shot goes in or there are teams/buildings where he basically can't play because its an automatic L.  

Demko seems to be telegraphing his saves this year which is odd like he's being too technical and wanting to make the exact right moves.  

There is really no excuse for goalies. The really good ones don’t have this sort of rough patch for 12 games. Sure if this is a rough patch he is going through on a showing like this he is simply not good enough period. 880 save percentage is not even rough. It’s non sensical. This is a back up goalie stat and we can’t have two backups. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Once Demko gets back to his normal self we will start to string together wins.  We will get into that middle ground of teams (14-20) just like last year.  

If we need an all star calibre goalie just to be mediocre, perhaps it’s a blessing in disguise that he’s been sucking.

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Kid got a puck from Ekman-Larson tonight among a lot of other things. Crazy night 

PXL_20221106_014146949.thumb.jpg.0ecbfc5048db86d0ff3ff69921c3e791.jpg

Too bad he didn't give him a win, or a refund for what the canucks paid him to give the fans. 

He knows he can play better though. The provice article said so. Just too bad he won't.......or can't.....whatever.  

Edited by cuporbust

13 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

There is really no excuse for goalies. The really good ones don’t have this sort of rough patch for 12 games. Sure if this is a rough patch he is going through on a showing like this he is simply not good enough period. 880 save percentage is not even rough. It’s non sensical. This is a back up goalie stat and we can’t have two backups. 

Remember when Markstrom couldnt play when he first came here?  He also just recently crap the bed in a playoff series.  Luongo had rough stretches too.  Remember when we were the goalie graveyard? 

All goalies have rough patches, some a bad season even.  Heck even Carey Price who is widely known to be one of the top goalies had bad seasons, Flower, he couldnt stop a beachball, Talbot etc.  He hasnt been good, had offseason surgery that he probably doesnt trust yet.  It was good we didnt give up much in the way of odd man rushes, but previous to tonight how many have we given up game after game, year after year?

Edited by amplified0ne
  • Vintage 1

Studs with only 8 minutes?

Play a defenseman instead! We always seem to go down to 5D!! Rathbone is a good option for 8 minutes. 

Burroughs in for Stillman!

A team total 22 hits? Nashville with 34? We stopped hitting after the 2nd. 

They came out with more desire. It took only 7 of NASH players to have 22 hits. Our whole team total! They ran us out of our own rink in the 3rd!

Bear lead us in blocks again with 4.

We need to get better on blocking shots. 

• Upvote 1