The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

Pettersson?  0 points and a pathetic shoot out attempt?  Oh right.  I forgot.  He's an "elite" defensive forward.

Strong defensively, actually works hard, and has 15 points in 12 games...plus he makes the players he plays with better. He could do well with a more competitive group of players around him.

End of the day, if they can't extend EP long-term, they will be trading him as well anyways.

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno
  • Cheers 2

Didn't AV have a lot of team building stuff for the players? They used to break the players into groups and have challenges. It looked like they had a lot of fun, as a team. This version of the Canucks might be a bit cliquey. They don't seem that close. Also kind of bothered me the way Horvat screwed up his shootout attempt, and them immediately skated off the ice, not saying a word to his team or hanging back to accept the loss with them.    

I feel CDC spends a lot of time talking about the players that are not the problem.

We're depleated on D and our star goalie is playing like an average goalie.

We have 3 or 4 wingers that can play in the top six but there is not enough room for them. Extras.

Trade a few and get some D for fricks sake. 

If we trade Bo or JT we really lose puck possession chances as we will be lacking in the dot. Nevermind those two put up points like machines. Again, move some wingers. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Defensive skills?  Wth are you watching?  Rathbone is the worst out of that whole bunch defensively. There is no way hes going to make this club better.  If anyone needs to come in its brisebois or burroughs. 

No, Rathbone as a defenseman on the 4th line. He's fast and skilled offensively. He has more offensive skill than any of our 6,7, or 8 dman.

14 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Just saw the highlights, what happened?

Outshot them 45-29 or something. Demko doesn't look right.

Had a well deserved 3-0 start, but can't bury one in the second despite ton of chances.  Saros found his game.  Then once they got scored on in the third, became tentative like before. Couldn't generate much in third or OT.  SO is crap shoot, EP almost scored. Bo did a Nazzy and lost the puck. Pretty much sums up the game. 

Deserved a pt, but really blew the second pt.  Preds aren't a good team. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

with whatever is happening in the US, covid isn't the only threat out there.  We had no idea that covid was going to hit and it torpedo'd JB's plan.......hopefully PA learned that hard lesson and plans for the worst. 

did any GM do that?

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

did any GM do that?

no argument here..........GM's,now, have the gift of hindsight and should act with the assumption that things are unstable in our society and economy and move forward cautiously, not throwing caution to the wind because of "projections".

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Strong defensively, actually works hard, and has 15 points in 12 games...plus he makes the players he plays with better. He could do well with a more competitive group of players around him.

End of the day, if they can't extend EP long-term, they will be trading him as well anyways.

Yeah, but his shooting percentage  sucks.  13.89%

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No, Rathbone as a defenseman on the 4th line. He's fast and skilled offensively. He has more offensive skill than any of our 6,7, or 8 dman.

Who do you take out?  I really want to see Aman, Lazar, Studnicka together.  I like what studnicka is bringing. He forechecks hard and finishes checks. Lazar and Aman the same.  Rathbone doesn't offer the jam these guys do.  

6 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Who do you take out?  I really want to see Aman, Lazar, Studnicka together.  I like what studnicka is bringing. He forechecks hard and finishes checks. Lazar and Aman the same.  Rathbone doesn't offer the jam these guys do.  

Aman or Lazar.

12 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Markstrom has always been the better goalie. We picked demko over him only due to the age thing. I mean demko has always been overhyped by this market. He is not bad, but has not really been top of the league like markstrom or luongo etc. he is struggling big time now and we just have to go with Martin for now. There is no other way. If Martin is the starter now so be it

Such nonsense.  Marks' developmental stage was much longer than Demko.  He finally became a starter at the age

of 27 (9.12 over 60 games); whereas Demko became the starter at 25yrs (9.15 over 64 games).

This season, Marks has played 8 games with 9.00 (on a team that has a much better defensive structure.

Demko has played 9 games with .879 (in the past 4 games he's trending over .900).

*Demko had surgery during the summer, which would have a significant factor for his preparation and

training during the off season.  Reason stats suggest that he is getting his game back.

Martin has played 3g with .899.  It's a bit too soon to proclaim him as the starter for the Canucks!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2