The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 09, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

It is more likely to be the exact opposite. Players sign a big deal , and they feel guilty about it. And try too hard and it negatively effects their performance.

What are you talking about? People keep posting that Miller went lights out last year on "his contract year." The reality is, this year is technically his contract year. I'm not sure what's so confusing and difficult for some posters to grasp. It really shouldn't be that challenging. What I am talking about has nothing to do with how they perform after the fact. 

22 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Needing to take a step back from this team.theres no entertainment value.Simple as that.

I think there has been a kind of perverse entertainment value to the Canucks' season so far.  After all, how many times have you watched a team get so many multi-goal leads and then lose?  In its own weird way, it's kind of fascinating.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

It is more likely to be the exact opposite. Players sign a big deal , and they feel guilty about it. And try too hard and it negatively effects their performance.

If so he would have tried to assess his defensive liabilities.

Has he tried that and sacrificed some of his offence?

57 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No build a defence that can defend. Let our forwards work on the scoring.

I'd rather see Hughes for Dobson.

I'd rather see a rebuild or tdl Myers,Pearson,Schenn and Brock B get traded for what you can get.Resign Bo and get us two RHD some how and ufa the rest trying to keep cap room for Kuz and EP.

Plus if we do not play Rathbone enough trade him to.

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Looks like the Stillman experiment is up again

This is ridiculous - if they need someone steady for Myers, Brisebois did a fine job and Burroughs is literally right there.

How does it make sense to take our singular steady RHD and move him away from both Hughes and/or OEL?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Putgolzin said:

This is ridiculous - if they need someone steady for Myers, Brisebois did a fine job and Burroughs is literally right there.

How does it make sense to take our singular steady RHD and move him away from both Hughes and/or OEL?

Maybe Stillman plays because he cost us a second rounder to acquire? 

• Upvote 1