The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Bo Horvat to Carolina Hurricanes

Detroit may not budge on my last proposal, so we need to make another phone call.  This time to Carolina.  They are a legit cup contender and their window is now.  BO would fit perfectly into their lineup as a 2C behind Aho.  And they need more scoring.

To Carolina:

Bo Horvat 

Luke Schenn 

To Vancouver:

Seth Jarvis

Scott Morrow

2023 1st round pick 

Who says no? 

We can always retain 50% of BO's contract to make the cap work if Carolina wants to add more or if Pacioretty comes back early...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

If we can make the cap fit I'd do this deal or something similar. Jarvis had a really good season last year and is young, we get another 1st, and we get a great RD prospect. All three pieces align with our getting younger. I'd love to squeeze more out of them if possible. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Detroit may not budge on my last proposal, so we need to make another phone call.  This time to Carolina.  They are a legit cup contender and their window is now.  BO would fit perfectly into their lineup as a 2C behind Aho.  And they need more scoring.

To Carolina:

Bo Horvat 

Luke Schenn 

To Vancouver:

Seth Jarvis

Scott Morrow

2023 1st round pick 

Who says no? 

We can always retain 50% of BO's contract to make the cap work if Carolina wants to add more or if Pacioretty comes back early...

If they give us jarvis, morrow, AND a 1st, we take that and RUN

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Boknows08 said:

Maybe switch Jarvis to Kk. We get a centre back who’s got good size and good on faceoffs. Perfect 3c? Bonus if he turns around his offensive game. He did just sign long term, would that hold any weight with Carolina…..

lol so you want KK @ 4.8mil with his 16 point/82 pace?? my god... please no more fins.. so many semi bust with fins taken high in the 1st rounds.

Edited by wai_lai416

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol so you want KK @ 4.8mil with his 16 point/82 pace?? my god... please no more fins.. so many semi bust with fins taken high in the 1st rounds.

If we trade Bo and don’t have a centre coming back, who’s taking faceoffs, we’re screwed. Yes Kk makes too much right now, but with the cap going up a considerable amount in the next couple years……

Cant see us getting Jarvis and Morrow, was thinking of another piece and we would need a centre back. Maybe Carolina isn’t the trading partner then. 

1 minute ago, Boknows08 said:

If we trade Bo and don’t have a centre coming back, who’s taking faceoffs, we’re screwed. Yes Kk makes too much right now, but with the cap going up a considerable amount in the next couple years……

Cant see us getting Jarvis and Morrow, was thinking of another piece and we would need a centre back. Maybe Carolina isn’t the trading partner then. 

We kind of need a right shot 3C and a right shot top four D.  KK is okay but then we are still stuck without a right shot draw in our D zone.  

Personally I do like a Bo for KK + Morrow + 1st trade.  It would signal a retool.  Then Miller would need to go for younger guys too.  

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

We kind of need a right shot 3C and a right shot top four D.  KK is okay but then we are still stuck without a right shot draw in our D zone.  

Personally I do like a Bo for KK + Morrow + 1st trade.  It would signal a retool.  Then Miller would need to go for younger guys too.  

Yeah perfect world a right shot 3c. Was hoping for Roy and Hague in the summer but Vegas found a way under the cap. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Boknows08 said:

so you take a 5mil center just for faceoff? no wonder the canucks are always in cap trouble because we are always overspending on useless players that are well overpaid for what they bring. i'm sure you can find a player well below KK cap hit.. if all you care about is faceoff and limited to no production which is essentially what KK is.. 4.8mil for a guy that takes 500 faceoff as a 3rd line center? bo takes about 1800 a year.. so whos taking the other 1300?

• Like 1

Bo and 2023 3rd to Carolina for

Morrow

2023 1st

Jarvis

Kuzmenko to NYR for

2023 1st (New Yorks - they also have Dallas 2023 1st)

Vitali Kravtsov

They have to pay up because of how cheap Kuz is, if he keeps on this 0.5 goal per game pace

Garland to CAL for:

2023 1st (apparently they really wanted him at the last deadline)

Lucic (cap dump to make it work)

Offseason moves:

1. Draft 2 defensemen in the 1st round + a smallish goalscoring forward like whitelaw. 

2. Sign Severson (highly doubt he re-signs in NJ, hes squeezed out of a top-4 role there)

3 forwards out, but adding:

Jarvis, Kravtsov, Morrow, Severson and a whole boatload of 2023 picks.