The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

it wouldn't be something I'd want to see until other moves are made, imo.

Buffalo

Cozens

Comrie

1st (unprotected)

I question whether we'd get that. I mean, Schneider only got the Horvat pick. How often do teams pay big for tenders? 

I know he's on a great deal and he's a quality tender but that seems like a lot. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

I'm all for it if that's the direction we go

I wonder how many don't realize this might have to happen if we go the direction many say they want

You can’t get attached to players. Sabres moved on from Eichel. Oilers moved on from Hall, Eberle, etc.

All these teams in much better positions right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I question whether we'd get that. I mean, Schneider only got the Horvat pick. How often do teams pay big for tenders? 

I know he's on a great deal and he's a quality tender but that seems like a lot. 

it's pretty much cozens and a 1st...........I don't think that's too much and I think Buffalo is a demko level goalie away from being good.

35 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Or......trade Miller while they can and also trade Bo, and Boeser, and EP, and......

That's too much.  We need to keep some of veterans to mentor our young one later or we'd end up in the basement for decade to come.  Maybe Boeser.  EP is fine as he is great on his own without any help.  If he is playing with someone else, he can be passenger and is not who he is.  During his SHL days, he took the league by his own and shot more and had a success with that.  Once he joined in the league and played with Boeser, he was not the same after two injures in his rookie year.  

8 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

I wonder what most fans expectations are on a rebuild..How long it should take, which players will want to stay for their length of a rebuild and etc

It doesn't seem to me that some realize by blowing it up we essentially have to say goodbye to _____ players

For example.. I don't see EP sticking around for a full rebuild 

I just want to see my team win the cup whatever that takes or how long it takes.

Well Toronto blew up their team in 2016 and had 3 original core players left 3 years later. They had Phaneuf who is our OEL and did unload him in a messy multi player trade. It took 5-6 years to be "good"  still choking but a good team.

Hughes , Petey , maybe PODZ would still be our obvious keeps and Petey would be 29-30 by the time we have a possible contender if he sticks around.

Bedard, and hopefully multiple high 1st rounders would be our new core.

So in 3 years a full rebuild would say good bye to Demmer, Horvat, Miller, OEL, Garland and other expiring contracts

At this point if a poll was conducted I bet 80% would be in favour.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’ve cancelled my cable, deleted all social media related to the Canucks, and am permanently deleting my CDC account.

I’ll see you all at 3:00 AM after I wake up in a cold sweat so we can discuss who the optimum bottom pair D for this team is…

Try to have a good sleep,it helps

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

Well Toronto blew up their team in 2016 and had 3 original core players left 3 years later. They had Phaneuf who is our OEL and did unload him in a messy multi player trade. It took 5-6 years to be "good"  still choking but a good team.

Hughes , Petey , maybe PODZ would still be our obvious keeps and Petey would be 29-30 by the time we have a possible contender if he sticks around.

Bedard, and hopefully multiple high 1st rounders would be our new core.

So in 3 years a full rebuild would say good bye to Demmer, Horvat, Miller, OEL, Garland and other expiring contracts

At this point if a poll was conducted I bet 80% would be in favour.

Imo Hughes is a complimentary piece 

If we rebuild would we rebuild our defense around Hughes? Do we need a offensive defenseman when we suck

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

If we rebuild would we rebuild our defense around Hughes? Do we need a offensive defenseman when we suck

We don’t have to rebuild around him but I think he’s a good piece  if we keep him.Bo,Petey,Hughes are guys we should invest in Imo Demko too,the rest can go

Can we not bring in a specialized coach to help our centers with faceoffs...short term gig I think Oates has worked with teams or players in the off season, Yannik Perreault is the NHL's all time face off % leader at over 61%

The list is here: https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-faceoff-win-percentage-leaders.html

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cromeslab said:

We don’t have to rebuild around him but I think he’s a good piece  if we keep him.Bo,Petey,Hughes are guys we should invest in Imo Demko too,the rest can go

IF we actually "rebuild"

I'd like to see the team move him for more pieces

Find solid top six defensive players and try and find that complimentary offensive guy down the road

Our d has sucked for way too long

I respect your vision tho

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

TO have had Morgan Reilly during their rebuild and just built around him and Hughes could be similar.

• Cheers 1