The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 FIFA World Cup

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I kind of hope USA scores a late one on England.  England’s boring plodding style especially first half was disappointing 

I'm surprised they didn't go heavy on the attack. England looks discombobulated.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

Typical England LOL. Win the first game by a rout to hype people up only to suck the next game and draw. People are foolish to label them WC contenders. They will crash out in a penalty shootout in the round of 16 or quarterfinals like they always do.

Edited by van_ws

6 hours ago, AV. said:

The U.S. have a great team.  They don't have the best coach, IMO, but they have tons of good talent within their midfield and attack.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if they pulled a draw vs England.

You were right but we know England always chokes in world cup like clock work. They played like a bunch of pansies against US. England might advance but will get knocked off right away.

30 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Maybe I’m too ignorant on Soccer but i was trying to relate it to Canada playing trap against Latvia in Hockey

Canada in hockey are champs. England in soccer are like Leafs but even worst because they have all tge depth and players lol

29 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

England:   more World Cup nil nil draws than any other country.

Never change.

I hate their style of play. It will never win a cup because its too relaxed and not aggressive unlike teams that play direct and aggressive. Brazil, France  Spain and even Germany of prior years had the "it" factor and style of play that wins cups. England plays that boring garbage style that doesnt get the results. Am surprised they scored 6 against Iran

27 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's ok. American arrogance makes it also easy to not like the USA.

Lets hope US loses to Iran and England loses to Wales lol. Iran wluld be first and England would face tougher competition in the knockout stage 

Just now, van_ws said:

Typical England LOL. Win the first game by a rout to hype people up only to suck the next game and draw. People are foolish to label them WC contenders. They will crash out in a penalty shootout in the round of 16 or quarterfinals like they always do.

They were overhyped after the opening game, but there's still a genuinely good squad that they have with them in Qatar.  Southgate is just a very poor tactician and he limits them.  I've seen very few managers who make as many wrong changes and adjustments as he does, and often too late, at that.  Probably the only thing he's had right is his decision to stick by Maguire, who's been immense.

A 0-0 tie, Foden on the bench, and he's brings on Henderson (whose form has been tragic for a year and a half now).  I get wanting to get control of the midfield, but just such a negative change.

They won't lose to Wales, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them draw, either.  That still puts them into the R16, but it's anyone's guess if they actually get past Netherlands/Ecuador/Senegal.